Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama's Speech on DC Area local Radio?

ccsl2

Do they really think Obama is ready to lead?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do they really think Obama is ready to lead?

• Hillary and Bill think he's ready to lead
    • Biden thinks he's ready to lead
    • The Clintons and Biden both think he's ready to lead
    • Neither believe he's ready, they are toting the party line

Do you guys realize what we are about to see tonight??:)
I can't wait. Tonight's speech will be epic.

I really believe that Obama needs to get back to some of the rhetoric that he used in the primaries and he will absolutely steamroll McCain. The one line he always repeated in the primaries that sticks with me is "special interests will be able to have a seat at the table, but they won't be allowed to buy every chair". That is an absolutely amazing line and people love to hear a candidate say it. His rhetoric has been toned down since June so I'm hoping tonight represents a turning point in his campaign and he returns to the form he showed from January-June

Guest sith lord
Do you guys realize what we are about to see tonight??:)

I will be taping it. This is something you will want to see again and again over the years.

An astoundingly self-absorbed man giving a speech from a structure reminicient of a Greek Temple with a teleprompter in front of him.

It's redundant to call ANY politician self absorbed:2cents:

...but I fail to see how this:

10041950.jpg

...bears any resemblance to this:

parthenon-and-the-acropolis-landmark-1.jpg

:whoknows:

Seriously, I've been hearing it and reading it a lot lately; where did the "greek temple" meme/talking point come from?

It's redundant to call ANY politician self absorbed:2cents:

...but I fail to see how this:

...bears any resemblance to this:

parthenon-and-the-acropolis-landmark-1.jpg

Seriously, I've been hearing it and reading it a lot lately; where did the "greek temple" meme/talking point come from?

The stage features roman-like columns.

Does anyone know if Obama's speech will be on local DC radio? I will be on my way home from the bowling alley and I wanted to know if i would be able to listen on the drive home.

I will have it uploaded online directly after the speech if you miss it.

The stage features roman-like columns.

Oh, seriously?! I didn't know that, thanks Toe Jam. But c'monnnnn...that's what all the fuss is about?!?!

90% of Federal Gov't buildings in the District have Roman-like columns too...

:bfd:

Oh, seriously?! I didn't know that, thanks Toe Jam. But c'monnnnn...that's what all the fuss is about?!?!

90% of Federal Gov't buildings in the District have Roman-like columns too...

:bfd:

For a guy who likes to portray himself as a Washington outsider, why that motif then. I mean, it was obviously a deliberate choice on their part and surely cost a pretty penny. I just can't see the upside in trying to cast yourself in that light.

For a guy who likes to portray himself as a Washington outsider, why that motif then. I mean, it was obviously a deliberate choice on their part and surely cost a pretty penny. I just can't see the upside in trying to cast yourself in that light.

Umm, I think it's pretty obvious. It's supposed to make himself appear more Presidential to voters.

Much ado about nothing.

Archived