Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama's Speech on DC Area local Radio?

ccsl2

Do they really think Obama is ready to lead?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do they really think Obama is ready to lead?

• Hillary and Bill think he's ready to lead
    • Biden thinks he's ready to lead
    • The Clintons and Biden both think he's ready to lead
    • Neither believe he's ready, they are toting the party line

For a guy who likes to portray himself as a Washington outsider, why that motif then. I mean, it was obviously a deliberate choice on their part and surely cost a pretty penny. I just can't see the upside in trying to cast yourself in that light.

Isn't it pretty obvious?

Sure, he wants to portray himself as a Washington outsider, nearly every successful Presidential candidate does--like that last fella who played cowboy dress-up to portray his "outsider-ness"...or Clinton, or Reagan, etc...

Barack Obama, however, also has to allay the perception that he is either un-prepared to be President, or somehow intrinsically un-Presidential. This is just a clever, dare I say subliminal way for his campaign to connect himself and his message with the acoutremonts of the office in the eyes of the skeptical...

Isn't it pretty obvious?

Sure, he wants to portray himself as a Washington outsider, nearly every successful Presidential candidate does--like that last fella who played cowboy dress-up to portray his "outsider-ness"...or Clinton, or Reagan, etc...

Barack Obama, however, also has to allay the perception that he is either un-prepared to be President, or somehow intrinsically un-Presidential. This is just a clever, dare I say subliminal way for his campaign to connect himself and his message with the acoutremonts of the office in the eyes of the skeptical...

You could call this stunt many things, clever is not one of them.

You could call this stunt many things, clever is not one of them.

Y'know, I don't recall any stage-design based criticism coming from the left during the 2000 or 2004 RNCs...

Maybe the right's left to these relative trifles because Obama just doesn't provide as much ammunition for substantive criticism as this guy did??

CowboyBush.jpg

An astoundingly self-absorbed man giving a speech from a structure reminicient of a Greek Temple with a teleprompter in front of him.

Hail!

25g9bue.png

Obama is as much of a dork as Kerry is. This love fest by the media for "The One" and he's still behind a suck republican candidate in McCain. I sense a McGovern like landslide in November.

The stage features roman-like columns.
...a structure reminicient of a Greek Temple with a teleprompter in front of him.

Sorry guys, I had to bump this one because I just found a rather interesting link:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/Bushs_2004_temple.html?showall

The link shows Bush's stage setup from the '04 RNC, which--SHOCKINGLY--features Roman-esque columns!

30_24_090204_bush_waving_450.jpg

gwbrnc8.jpeg

Next time partisan Republicans want to criticize Barack Obama, they should make sure it's not over something that their guy'd already done... :2cents:

Archived