Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News-Press: Trial date set for Taylor defendants

SWFLSkins

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880815042

A judge today set a March trial date for the four remaining suspects in the killing of former NFL star Sean Taylor.

(Not Funny how they left off "Delayed", and was the prep time statement fair to Taylor? this rag of a paper hates the Skins, two weeks in a row and no listing for the televised game on NFLnetwork)

According to the Miami-Dade Clerk of Courts Web site, the four suspects — Charles Wardlow, 19, Eric Rivera, 18, Timmy Lee Brown, 17, and Jason Mitchell, 20 — all from Lee County — have another seven months of preparation.____________________________

NOTE: Bubba had this covered from the Miami Herald in Breaking news yesterday. It offers more info then the snooze press article.

Click link for entire article

MIAMI (AP) -- The trial of four men accused of murdering Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor has been delayed until next year.

A judge on Friday set a new trial date of March 3, 2009. It had been previously set for later this month, which would have been unusually fast for a murder case.

Just thought some may like to know things are moving forward, did not see this posted.

I personally am still miserable that these guys came from here.

"Prosecutors have waived the death penalty against all defendants."

Yeah, that is what pisses me off though I understand why it could not have happened.

It has been discussed in detail on other threads, I do wish they would treat the seventeen year old as an adult. Well I guess though from the judicial folks here I know, they all otherthan one, are going for the long haul.

the waived the death penalty a while ago though. That was because they werent going to be able to get it because the idiots only went there to rob him not kill him. it was a cold blooded murder, it was just some ****ing fools freaking out and blasting a guy. and honestly, it was the first time i heard of someone being shot in that artery.

the waived the death penalty a while ago though. That was because they werent going to be able to get it because the idiots only went there to rob him not kill him. it was a cold blooded murder, it was just some ****ing fools freaking out and blasting a guy. and honestly, it was the first time i heard of someone being shot in that artery.

Yea they said a long time ago that they wouldn't seek the death penalty. That's not why though, when you kill someone in the process of another crime(usually robbery and that's what this was) that's capital murder and that's what makes you eligible for the death penalty. The reason they're not seeking it though is because the shooter was 17 at the time and it would be very hard to get the death penalty for him and if you don't get the death penalty for the actual shooter it's very hard to get it for anyone else.

Ive never heard of anyone getting shot in the carotid, renal, brachiocephalic, brachial, radial, or mesenteric arteries either, they typically just say bled to death, what does the fact that it was the femoral have anything to do with it .

I don't support the death penalty. As angry as I am with these ****s, I would still be a hypocrite if I supported it in this situation.

No, slow torture is more fun anyway. Let them lead drab, meaningless lives in a hole for the next 70 years instead.

Archived