Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Peace Activist Shot in West Bank

stratoman

Originally posted by Yomar

Its funny, I just saw a program on PBS about moral relativism. Personally Art, I think you are wrong, of course thats just me, I'm sure others would agree with you.

There you go Yomar. You've already caught on with the black and white argument and found yourself able to form a strong belief that shows no grey area at all, meaning, while you think I'm wrong, you've proven I'm right. Thanks :).

Don't want to sidetrack Blade's apt writing on moral relativism, but of course there are shades of gray. Take the classic, Jean Valjean story, or the stealing medicine to save your child's life story, or heck given the time of year, creative accounting on your taxes story. There are degrees of right and wrong in certain cases, just as there are mitigating reasons to why people act the way they do. Let's take the simplest example since you are in favor of the Iraq War. Art, is one man killing another wrong? If you say no, because of the soldier defending freedom or a man protecting his household then you believe in that morality is relative as I am sure I can come up with examples of one man killing another that you would consider wrong.

Archived