Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

please delete thread

unsonny

so we downgraded from Direct TV to Comcast....got a cheaper package...the cable guy comes out and gives us the higher package....before he leaves I say "dude, when do all the other channels turn off?....we're paying for basic only".......dude says back...."oh dont worry about it, i'd have to put a filter on the box and you'd only get 20 channels or so, not a problem"

so the question is...should i call Comcast and tell them i'm getting more channels than i'm supposed to?

can i be charged for this if they find out?

what should i do

getty up!!11 :cheers:

keep your mouth shut and like others have said, if they charge you just play dumb

so we downgraded from Direct TV to Comcast....got a cheaper package...the cable guy comes out and gives us the higher package....before he leaves I say "dude, when do all the other channels turn off?....we're paying for basic only".......dude says back...."oh dont worry about it, i'd have to put a filter on the box and you'd only get 20 channels or so, not a problem"

so the question is...should i call Comcast and tell them i'm getting more channels than i'm supposed to?

what should i dogetty up!!11 :cheers:

LOL by the end of the day you will get the channels you are supposed to, whenever a new install is done you get EVERY channel until they reconfigure your line at the office.

Also if your cable box ever dies and you return it for a new one, you will get ALL of the channels, they always say when exchanging cable box's "call us when you get this new box installed" DONT DO IT , i never do :) you'll get free channels for half the day at least :silly: I've never been billed extra for not calling them when i get a new box.

what should i do

I worked for Comcast for over 2 years. You should say ABSOULTLEY nothing.

They don't have wont have any idea. I actually did this for several customers. Often times I wouldn't have a limited trap on my truck (what blocks out the channels) , so I would just hook them up with basic.

I would often times have people who would get nervous that they were doign something illegal, and if they complained or were too worried I wouuld usually come back and throw a trap on there so that there concerns would go away.

But, others didn't seem to mind. Trust me they won't find out.

what should i do

Ask one of the Mods here to delete this thread ASAP (and clear any record they may keep in backup, just in case)!!!!:laugh:

please delete this thread!!!11

all is well now

i called back and they said it might get fixed if they have an audit in the area......she was cool about it.....said dont worry about it and enjoy the channels it was our mistake

please delete thread

Archived