Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are parking passes worth the $$$

Morpheus'skins

I have attended only a couple of games at FEDEX, and have always had decent luck with the cash lots.... Well I am now a new season ticket holder and without a parking pass. I have seen a few sales of parking passes and was wondering if the extra $$$ was worth it? Are the on site lots any better in your opinion (besides the obvious proximity how is the ingress/egress). The amount of $ requested just seems really high... (I guess I am just spoiled by the poor economy in the Detroit area where you can find plenty of <$15 parking near Ford Field for the Lions games).

For that matter has the public transportation situation improved (as far as metro goes)?

"The amount of $ requested just seems really high."

Umm how much are you seeing them for? Because all the major colors closest the stadium, the face value when you buy them from the Skins is all the same , $35 per game, or $350 for a book of 10 games.

As far as egress goes, it all depends on which lots you park in, some of them you can get out within 15-30 mins after a game, some take 2 hours to get out of.

There are 2 metro stops at the end of the blueline, Morgan BLVD is the closest to the stadium and is within a 15 min walk from the terminal

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Waste if you ask me. I get on the metro at Vienna and ride to Landover for $4.70(if I remember right... It has been almost 8 months) round trip and then the bus is $10 takes you right to the stadium. This year we're gonna try driving to the Landover station and getting on the bus though and see if we like that better... Should be about the same amount of time I think, but I'd rather be riding in a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid than on a metro train haha.

I thought Orange costed more than Green face value

Orange green purple and blue are all the same, who gets what color depends on where your seats are in the stadium.

Greens are mostly given (when available) to general admission season ticket holders (100s, 200s and 400s) whites and reds are also given to general admission seating

Blues are sold to suite, loge and some dream seat holders

Orange and purple mainly goto club level season ticket holders

The above may different slightly in the past couple of years and since they added the dream seats to the stadium, but its just to give you a idea on how parking passes are distrubuted, the more you pay for your seats the closer you get to park at the stadium, as long as they are available at the time for new season ticket holders.

HTTR

I have attended only a couple of games at FEDEX' date=' and have always had decent luck with the cash lots.... Well I am now a new season ticket holder and without a parking pass. I have seen a few sales of parking passes and was wondering if the extra $$$ was worth it? Are the on site lots any better in your opinion (besides the obvious proximity how is the ingress/egress). The amount of $ requested just seems really high... (I guess I am just spoiled by the poor economy in the Detroit area where you can find plenty of <$15 parking near Ford Field for the Lions games).

For that matter has the public transportation situation improved (as far as metro goes)?[/quote']

Unless you want to tailgate in a specific location, I don't think open market prices for permit parking are worth it when Tailgate Field is right there with $25 cash parking.

If you're lucky enough to have permit parking, it's more than worth the $10 premium over Tailgate Field.

Orange green purple and blue are all the same, who gets what color depends on where your seats are in the stadium.

Greens are mostly given (when available) to general admission season ticket holders (100s, 200s and 400s) whites and reds are also given to general admission seating

The above may different slightly in the past couple of years and since they added the dream seats to the stadium, but its just to give you a idea on how parking passes are distrubuted, the more you pay for your seats the closer you get to park at the stadium, as long as they are available at the time for new season ticket holders.

HTTR

Is that true about blue? I was just offered blue parking in my 2nd season as a tix holder. I am in section 450.

I would love to have green, but was told I needed to purchase blue or red before going on the green waiting list.

If you're a new season ticket holder, you should call the ticket office and request a book of cash lot parking passes. It's not exactly as good as tailgating at the stadium, but you already know that if you've parked there before. But it's much cheaper, and if you have season tickets you can buy a book of them for $20 per game. FYI, I drove up to the stadium on Saturday just to see if all of the traffic patterns appeared to be the same this season (they did...), and I think that I remembered seeing signage that said that parking was going up to $40 on gameday this season. I might be wrong about that, but I think that's what I saw. So if that's true, it would cost more to park offsite and take the bus over than it would to park at FedEx Field (of course there's no cash parking there).

Let me correct this:

Orange parking is club level parking and sometimes TG Club can get orange, I believe.

Purple is for Suites, Loge, and Dream seats.

Blue is in the Church lot with the blue roof off Arena Drive. It's generally considered the least favorable parking a generic ticket holder is allowed to have after the cash lots. An upgrade would be red. Another upgrade would be green.

There is also Platinum parking which is super-VIP reserved parking right at or very close to the curb. I believe they're $1,000 for a book.

I've had to go the ebay route for the last couple years for parking passes. I've been in every lot, and I prefer Green Lot more than any other. Perhaps it's because I have multiple locations to tailgate when I get there, or simply because I've gotten used to parking in one or two locations, depending on who I'm attending games with.

In any case, unless you are one of the lucky few who can buy parking through the Skins, Green Lot passes will cost you anywhere from $600 - $1,000 for a 10-game book. Yeah, it sounds ridiculous to have to pay double or even triple the face value of a parking pass, but it's reality. In my experience over the last couple years, the books start at about $550-$600 in mid to late July, and end up at $1,000+ by, well, about this week. If you get passes week to week, $75 - $110 is the range you might expect to pay (at least on ebay - but I know stubhub isn't any better).

Anyway, to the OP - for me personally, the passes are well worth it. Of course, I spend about 8-10 hours at the stadium once I'm there, so it's not like I'm spending $70 to park somewhere for 4 hours and then leave. Hopefully you have a group of 5 or 6 people that can cram into one truck, and you can all share the cost of the pass. Also, like i said previously, it helps if you have multiple tailgating arrangements. I happen to have a lot of friends in various places (all throughout the Green Lot), so it helps for me to be able to park in there as well so I can move around a bit. What I've found is that a.) the cash lot blows balls unless you have no intention of tailgating whatsoever, b.) the blue lot sucks too, but if I can't get a green pass for some reason, I'll go in there as a last resort, c.) the purple lot (even though it's VIP) isn't worth the $$ because no one really tailgates in there anyway, and d.) Orange Lot = Green Lot.

Bottom Line - if you're a heavy tailgater, Green is the way to go. And it's worth it. If you want to come to the game 30 min. prior and leave in the 4th Quarter, then don't bother spending the $$ on Green Lot.

In the meantime - no more shuttle buses to FedEx for those of us who don't drive - per the updated Stadium Guide (scroll down to 'Metro' for original on this link - http://www.redskins.com/tickets/article.jsp?id=37449):

Metro

New federal regulations prevent Washington's Metro system from continuing to lease buses for fan shuttles from the Orange Line's Landover station to FedExField, and contracting a private bus company to provide the service is prohibitively expensive (increasing the fare from $6 to nearly $20).

Fortunately, the Blue Line station at Morgan Boulevard is within walking distance of FedExField, and free shuttle service remains available from the cash parking lots. Directions to those lots and other information is available at www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking.jsp.

Effective immediately, if you plan to park at the Landover station or use the Orange Line to come to the games, simply take the train to the Blue Line and onward to Morgan Boulevard. A map of the Metro system, including each station, can be viewed here.

We regret any inconvenience, but it is beyond the Redskins control.

-------

[me again]

Wonder what they're going to do about our prime-time matches - Steelers on Monday Night, Cowboys on Sunday night, and any other Week 11-17 fixtures that 'NFL Flexible Scheduling' might push into prime-time...with the exception of Friday and Saturday nights, the last train into DC/VA from Morgan Boulevard leaves 35min before midnight.

Waste if you ask me. I get on the metro at Vienna and ride to Landover for $4.70(if I remember right... It has been almost 8 months) round trip and then the bus is $10 takes you right to the stadium. This year we're gonna try driving to the Landover station and getting on the bus though and see if we like that better... Should be about the same amount of time I think, but I'd rather be riding in a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid than on a metro train haha.

I guess you don't like to tailgate. We leave at 9am and get there and relax with great food and drinks.

It is an all day event, and we all split the cost of the PPass.

In the meantime - no more shuttle buses to FedEx for those of us who don't drive - per the updated Stadium Guide (scroll down to 'Metro' for original on this link - http://www.redskins.com/tickets/article.jsp?id=37449):

Metro

New federal regulations prevent Washington's Metro system from continuing to lease buses for fan shuttles from the Orange Line's Landover station to FedExField, and contracting a private bus company to provide the service is prohibitively expensive (increasing the fare from $6 to nearly $20).

Fortunately, the Blue Line station at Morgan Boulevard is within walking distance of FedExField, and free shuttle service remains available from the cash parking lots. Directions to those lots and other information is available at www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking.jsp.

Effective immediately, if you plan to park at the Landover station or use the Orange Line to come to the games, simply take the train to the Blue Line and onward to Morgan Boulevard. A map of the Metro system, including each station, can be viewed here.

We regret any inconvenience, but it is beyond the Redskins control.

-------

[me again]

Wonder what they're going to do about our prime-time matches - Steelers on Monday Night, Cowboys on Sunday night, and any other Week 11-17 fixtures that 'NFL Flexible Scheduling' might push into prime-time...with the exception of Friday and Saturday nights, the last train into DC/VA from Morgan Boulevard leaves 35min before midnight.

I'm sure Danny's not complaining...this will probably force more and more people to park in the cash lots. At least the shuttle from the cash lots will still be in existance and ultimately "free."

I like having a parking [pass. I normally purchase a purple or orange one to get as close as I can, then pick up a few of the Redskins Tailgate passes. Expensive as hell, but worth it!

Split the parking pass...lol, that's funny. I have a friend that goes to pretty much every regular season game with me, and he always pays for his ticket and half of the parking pass (we pay $20 per game for a book of passes in the cash lot). But he doesn't go to preseason games, and on occasion he can't make a regular season game either (last time was 2006 and his grandmother died), so I have to find someone else. Most of the people I've asked don't feel obligated to pay me for the parking. One "friend" even told me that since I was driving and it was my car he shouldn't have to pay for part of the parking. I love how when you get season tickets everyone wants to be invited to a game, but they don't expect to pay for anything.

I got offered blue this season, my 4th year.

My oldest daughter just got tickets this year top row in the 400's.the normal for 1st year tickets and she only bought 2.

On Monday she gets a email offer for GREEN PARKING PASS. She paid the $350.00 and they used Fed-Ex overngiht at n/c to get them to her. She got them today. So how they offer them to people is beyond me. I will sell some of my blue ones now on the games that we can go together since she lives farther out than I do.

Which lot is it when you drive by the huge church and turn immediately to the right? RVs and people with tents line up on the edge of of the parking lot where a sloping hill goes down (aka bathroom). Green lot? Orange? Trying to remember where we were last time. We were facing the side of the stadium you would see if you were coming south on 495 after passing the BW parkway (meaning you came from, say, Bethesda and had gone past the top of the beltway and had turned back south again).

Thanks!

Archived