Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with this picture

Sk8nsanta

Cooley recently talked about his experience with inviting some kids from the childern's hospital out to training camp. On his site his put up a picture (see below) and there's a signature on the front of the football that the kid on the left is holding, with what looks to be "Proverbs 22:1" under the name. Can anyone identify the signature, and does that indeed look like 'proverbs'?

Pic was too big to insert, so here's the URL: http://bp3.blogger.com/_UmofdtGn77k/SJCakoVrnTI/AAAAAAAAEkk/ZPoRHPCnlkI/s1600-h/Cooley+with+Kids.jpg

i was thinking it was zorn right from the first post. cuz someone, i forget who she was, posted something about a postcard she got from zorn shortly after he was hired and how he had just sent it to her and included that same verse, cuz someone posted it there too.

It's definitely Jim Zorn's signature. Here's the note he sent me in February responding to a card I had mailed him. I sent him a card with a congratulatory message about the new job and wrote a welcome/best wishes note. I think he always signs his name with that proverb.

In February, when he sent me the card, we did a lengthy handwriting analysis in a thread to figure out which proverb he was referencing (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240148). The proverb number in your photo is much clearer than the one in my note. Yours looks like 22:1 to me. Some people thought my note might say 26:1, but several people also thought 22:1.

Getting that note in the mail was the beginning of my realization that he seems like a classy, special coach (and person). I couldn't believe that he took time from his busy schedule to respond to me! I never expected anything; I just wanted to show him that Redskin fans welcome him and support him. Everything I read about Zorn builds my admiration for the man more and more.

CoachZornLetter.jpg

Archived