Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins’ dynasty finally gets their due in Canton -NBC Article

REDMAN7

Terribly written, but it's great that Monk and Green are getting some love.

It had mote thn ist share off typos.

But I appreciate the sentiment expressed by the author. It's great to hear some respect given without the grudgeing and mocking tone we so often hear from Dr. Z and his ilk.

Isn't he referring to him as a 'split-end' which is a WR?

Well, yes, but A) I highly doubt Monk never played flanker or in the slot, so it's not really correct, and B) things like that bother me because that guy has my dream job, and he made a bunch of mistakes in the article, including that one. If you get paid cash to write about football for NB-****ing-C, you'd better make damn sure you don't write that Art Monk played the same position as Michael Strahan.

Good read. Grimm is def. the next most deserving and then Clark and Jacoby.

Gary Clark was my favorite player and I have not seen a man play with as much fire as he did. Where Monk was the soul of the Posse, Clark was the heart.

As a Skins fan I think so many deserve to get in - I even remember as a kid thinking Alvin Garrett would be a HOF'er someday :rolleyes: ... but what about Monte Coleman?

Pretty amazing that after two pages of replies to this thread about a Redskins HOF article... the names that are coming up are Grimm, Jacoby, Clark, even Coleman. Not even a mention of Chris Hanburger. Nine Pro Bowls and eligible for 25 years now. Overlooked even by some Skins fans. 80's & 90's? what about the 60's & 70's?

Some egregious errors in the writing, but the point was clear and his position is appreciated.

The hype leading up to this HOF induction has been pathetic. Granted, I haven't been glued to the TV but all I'm hearing about on ESPN is Farve, Manny, Cubs/Brewers, and USA hoops.

It's rather sad that classes can be judged and ranked when these guys represent true excellence. There's a story to be told for each player and I'm sure these stories will be told, but it's a shame that it doesn't mean more to outlets like ESPN because there isn't a marquee name.

Maybe if I was watching the NFL Network it wouldn't be so bad, but I'm an HD whore and it's not available on Cox cable where I am.

Grimm will get in. I think Clark and Jacoby will be denied.

I posted this up on another thread about the TOP 10 that are NOT in the HOF

To rank the list from most overdue on down...

1. Kramer (72, 35 yrs. eligibility)

2. Hayes (died 2002 @60 w/22 yrs. eligibility)

3. Marshall (70, 24 yrs. eligibility)

4. Karras (73, 28 yrs. eligibility)

5. Thomas (died 2000 @33, current yrs. eligibility 3)

6. Anderson (59, 17 yrs. eligibility)

7. Tasker (46, 6 yrs. eligibility)

8. Stabler (62, 19 yrs. eligibility)

9. Watters (39, 2 yrs. eligibility)

10. Carter (42, 1 yr. eligibility)

Zimmerman (46, 6 yrs. eligilility) was due, but O-linemen seem to get left behind in the wings with the electors. Grimm (49/12) is deserving, no doubt... but he needs to get in line and the guy at the head of that line for O-linemen is Jerry Kramer.

Well his career numbers don't separate him, but let's look at something interesting

Michael Irvin (the playmaker) 750 Rec. 11904 Yards 15.9/ rec 65 TDS

Gary Clark 699 Rec 10856 yards 15.5/ rec 65 TDS

More TDS per reception....who's the real playmaker..

Throw in Clarks Two Years in the USFL and his stats are

765 Receptions 11677 yards 15.26/rec 68 TDS

Irvin went to 5 Pro Bowls. Clark went to 4...

Playoff Statistics

Irvin 16 games 87 catches 1314 yards 15.1 8 TD's

Clark 13 games 58 catches 826 14.2 6 TD's

Take into consideration you also had 1423 career receptions going to the other two WR's on Washington at the same time, and you can really make a compelling argument for Clark. He was all the things that people said Monk wasn't in getting in the Hall.

All that being said, Grimm should go in before any other Redskin from that Era

:applause:

Excellent post backed up by facts. Great point about him compared to Monk. Put him in...but put Grimm and Jacoby in first.

"The headliners go to Canton on the express train. Everybody else has to wait their turns. It shows that even the electors, who are steeped in the game, are blinded by superstar glare and slow to bestow immortality on the less celebrated positions."

Ain't that the f'ing truth. Nice article.

With all of the hype around the cowgirls, it'll be interesting if the use of "Super Bowl wins/Playoff performance" gets conveniently left out of the equation when the current crop are eligible. The bloating of the Pro Bowl with cowgirls seems to smack of a Plan B.

Archived