Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Question for Certain Posters: Why is America Incapable of Making Mistakes?

Hubbs

I look at it a lot like how I look at my family.

Its me and my brother against my Dad.

Its my family against the block.

Its my block against my neighborhood.

Its my neighborhood against the city.

I am not going to tell anyone that I feel we have made a mistake if I feel it is coming at me in an attacking manner. If you and I are discussing things and we are just being open and honest I will be too. But as soon as I think someone is trying to put down the greatest country in the world I will stand up and defend her until death.

I am not going to tell anyone that I feel we have made a mistake if I feel it is coming at me in an attacking manner. If you and I are discussing things and we are just being open and honest I will be too. But as soon as I think someone is trying to put down the greatest country in the world I will stand up and defend her until death.

So basically ego won't allow you to admit a mistake if someone is agressively coming at you?

There is a difference in not believing that your country can do no wrong and supporting your country through mistakes, trials and tribulations.

Some people are just blind either way; some have an overriding bias towards this country while other have a national inferiority complex.

Both are wrong.

So basically ego won't allow you to admit a mistake if someone is agressively coming at you?

no, its lack of giving you the satisfaction of believing that you got me to admit something with your piss poor attitude.

my ego is obviously in check if i said i can talk if we are being civil. its just when the finger pointing comes in to effect that I stop responding positively.

no, its lack of giving you the satisfaction of believing that you got me to admit something with your piss poor attitude.

my ego is obviously in check if i said i can talk if we are being civil. its just when the finger pointing comes in to effect that I stop responding positively.

See..I'm the opposite. I have no problem with a little finger pointing if its justified.

If the person is right I'll point the finger at myself.

I really don't understand the quote at all. I respectfully disagree - the times are different, the choices of how to spend one's time are different, but in the end our generations are still overseas defending our freedoms - still concerned about issues that effect all Americans.

I don't think you are giving people proper credit.

(edited for length)

It's not just a matter of "defending our freedoms". Try to picture a scale that measures the balance between Good, Right-Thinking and Right-acting people in each generation.

Your and my generations (of Americans) would have probably less than 10% on the Right side of the scale and over 90% on the Wrong side. Our parents generation would likely be about 35% Right and 65% wrong. Once you get to our Grandparents you'd finally find the Right side being more... probably about 85% and the wrong being about 15%.

I think it's a mistake to believe that someone (let's use the Bush example) who refuses to admit a mistake in a political context of an interview, doesnt believe that they have made a mistake.

In other words, Bush wouldnt admit a mistake, not becaus he never thought he had made one, but because he knew it was a loaded bull**** question in the first place and wasnt going to play the game.

I think we've made plenty of mistakes. I think we've sat on our hands and watched while parts of the world were raped and destroyed by less civilized people. My biggest beef in our foreign policy is that we havent done enough. Further, I think we make huge mistakes everytime we worry about what other countries think about our actions before they are finished. As we were firebombing the crap out of all of Europe, we didnt ask if the french or belgians cared. We did what we knew was right, then fixed our damages later.

With all due respect (seriously), that sounds exactly like ego.

And I'm feeling pretty good about posting this because it takes one to know one. ;)

With all due respect (seriously), that sounds exactly like ego.

And I'm feeling pretty good about posting this because it takes one to know one. ;)

you spot it you got it as the saying goes.

i dont think it is though, i think it is just not giving the pricks the satisfaction of "getting to me". But I have been wrong once or twice in my life ;)

you spot it you got it as the saying goes.

i dont think it is though, i think it is just not giving the pricks the satisfaction of "getting to me". But I have been wrong once or twice in my life ;)

:laugh:

The great thing about this discussion is, neither of us will ever have to admit it if we turn out to be wrong.

Archived