Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No time for whine and cheese?

SWFLSkins

Last year the team overcame so much adversity and still made the playoffs, have we not learned from that? Man up Skin fans, injuries happen. Better early in camp then late, moves can be made, players prepared for new roles. :cool:

C'mon have some faith, last I checked Taylor, Sean was the best player on Defense, and 3-5ths of the OL, Rogers etc. etc. account for more than what has happened so far. Is it he best start, NO, but stop freaking out, have some faith, exhale for pete's sake. Yeah Pete can be heard yelling from accross the Caloosahatchee river as we speak.

35 views and no responses, shows me how many looked at that thread title and thought it was a whine and cheese party. wow.

No, I wasn't going to respond either, but mostly because there isn't much to say. injuries happen, and some years turn a legitimate team into nothingness... last years rams are an example, they are not THAT bad, but their record says otherwise.

:logo:

35 views and no responses, shows me how many looked at that thread title and thought it was a whine and cheese party. wow.

Oh, I fully admit I opened the thread with every intention of calling you an idiot.

(And then I just realized you're a typical NNTer with a misleading thread title.) :)

Oh, I fully admit I opened the thread with every intention of calling you an idiot.

(And then I just realized you're a typical NNTer with a misleading thread title.) :)

Never had the NNT but look at the post count between the two of us and I think you'll realize a big diff.

My point is exactly as meant. Yeah it was misleading, on purpose of course. The doom and gloom crew got caught off guard no doubt, but hopefully it put some thought into the overreaction that is happening here today.

BTW, I am a little idiot but an idiot nonetheless. (or at least that is what my wife thinks, as she is outside swimming and I am in here posting. :doh: :nana:

On the bright side...the arm-chair GMs (who have been silent because of the good off-season our front Office has had)are now out in full force...and of course somehow Snyder will get blamed for all of this.

I concur. Where are MSF and SMG right now? Making plans to meet somewhere between DC and Springfield for an effigy hanging party?

It's not the greatest TC start ever, but it's most likely also not the worst. We can get through this. And we will.

I concur. Where are MSF and SMG right now? Making plans to meet somewhere between DC and Springfield for an effigy hanging party?

It's not the greatest TC start ever, but it's most likely also not the worst. We can get through this. And we will.

Agreed...we'll be all-right...no need to storm the gates right now.

Right now, we do not have a 4th (Pete Kendall) or a 7th (Erasmus James) Rd. pick in the 2009 Draft. If we can swing a deal with Miami for DE Jason Taylor, sending a conditional 5th Rd. pick in '09, which could upgrade to a 3rd Rd. pick in '10 if Taylor reaches certain incentives; and restructures his deal, then I say we go for it ... this team has a shot this year, and a player of Taylor's skills would strengthen our defense quie nicely ... and we would be buying Erasmus James some time to heal without the pressure of trying to rush back too soon. And then, we draft a ****ing DE or 2 in next years draft in the first and second rounds.

On the bright side...the arm-chair GMs (who have been silent because of the good off-season our front Office has had)are now out in full force...and of course somehow Snyder will get blamed for all of this.

I was just thinking that. This is not a season ender. We have reliable backups. And Carter is getting better each season. He will put a lot of pressure on QB's this season. And with what I have read about Torrence and Tryon, our secondary is coming out of the gate strong.

No. I'd put most of this on Vinny's back, actually. Most of what I'd blame Snyder for isn't really directly related to this. Though he probably gets a little bit of the blame for keeping Vinny around.

Archived