Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Willl the price of gas ever comedown or have we crossed a point of no return.

WVUforREDSKINS

According to C-Span via the House of Representative Debates, it really is misleading to talk about drilling in ANWAR when we wont even see a drop of oil until 10 years from now, and wont see peak production until 2028 20 years after. From my understanding it takes a very long time to get a full fledged oil operation going at efficient capacity. Bottomline, in my humble opinion, we need to set plans in action to migrate to a civilization run on sustainable, and renewable energies (solar, wind, electric, water, etc.).:2cents:

According to twa ;) , it really is misleading to talk about not drilling in ANWAR(or any other new areas) when we wont even see a drop of oil until ( much less,natural gas) ) years from now, and wont see any new production until we actually PRODUCE it.. From my understanding it takes a very long time to get Congress off it's dead ass.. Bottomline, in my humble opinion, we need to set plans in action to migrate to a civilization run on sustainable, and renewable energies (solar, wind, electric, water, etc.) and fund this with proceeds from new oil leases and royalties.

But really we won't see the benefits from renewable energy for years ....so why bother? :rolleyes:

So, if gas remains this high for a while, this country is gonna start to look a lot more like Europe with the way public transportation is. I believe most Europeans don't have a car and use public transportation everywhere.

Gotta feel for the people who live out where the busses don't run. They're pretty much ****ed if gas prices stay high and we go big on mass transit.

i've been hollering at people that its gonna be a huge problem for them as energy prices go up. spread out the infrastructure you're gonna create problems.

they have seen what the market can bear and they are close to pushing it over the edge.... but now that they know..........we are screwed

Meanwhile oil drops $5.33 a Barrel, In Biggest Drop in almost two decades.

They must not have liked the edge. ;)

OMG we are doomed :cool:

Light, sweet crude for August delivery fell $5.33 to settle at $136.04, after earlier slumping as low as $135.14. The decline followed a $3.92 slide on Monday, bringing oil's two-day drop to more than $9.

Prices will come down but the era of cheap gas (under $3) is over. Us in our 20s should plan our futures around the worse case scenario. Moving to the city and relying on yourself instead of a car for your daily grind is a great call. I plan on doing the same.

The older generations are stubborn and stuck in their ways. They don't care. We can't afford not to care. The energy situation is only going to become more challenging as we get older. We have to plan now for the cultural migration from suburb to city.

i convinced my mom to move out of the suburb -- some older people can actually see the writing on the wall. without grossly affordable energy we're going to witness the death of the suburb.

Meanwhile oil drops $5.33 a Barrel, In Biggest Drop in almost two decades.

They must not have liked the edge. ;)

OMG we are doomed :cool:

Light, sweet crude for August delivery fell $5.33 to settle at $136.04, after earlier slumping as low as $135.14. The decline followed a $3.92 slide on Monday, bringing oil's two-day drop to more than $9.

you are kidding right? price dropped 5.33 a barrel....... what does that equate to? $.001 per gallon? instead of 3.89.9 im going to get to pay 3.89.8 now? yippie!!!!!!! the crisis is finally over!!!!!!!

i convinced my mom to move out of the suburb -- some older people can actually see the writing on the wall. without grossly affordable energy we're going to witness the death of the suburb.

kool the death of the suburbs...... so what does that mean? all the poor blacks in memphis are going to get pushed out to another place they cant afford to live?

at any rate i hope so.......... maybe ill get one of those nice suburban homes now at an affordable price

yippie!!!!!!! the crisis is finally over!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited the new carbon tax will raise prices anyway. :silly:

ps: I bet you didn't know you were living in prime real estate either ;)

With knuckleheads like this in charge,we will be looking at high prices to last for sure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/washington/09cong.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

Speaker Nancy Pelosi sought Tuesday to put pressure on President Bush, calling on him to release “a small portion” of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to boost supply and cut price. Republicans said the call for more oil bolstered their argument for domestic drilling. :rolleyes:

If simply releasing a small portion of the reserve would drop prices ,WTF would opening up major reserves do?

IF you increase available domestic oil reserves the Strategic reserve could be emptied.

Added...a bit of potentially good news

1-oil_supply_demand_price.jpg

This figure shows the total world oil demand and supply (left scale) and the oil price (right scale) from 2004 to the first quarter of 2008. Data from: International Energy Agency and US Energy Information

http://www.physorg.com/news134646313.html

Prices will come down but the era of cheap gas (under $3) is over. Us in our 20s should plan our futures around the worse case scenario. Moving to the city and relying on yourself instead of a car for your daily grind is a great call. I plan on doing the same.

meh....i'll rely on myself, i work close to home and use little gas. i could ride a bike if worse came to worst. but i'm not moving to the city. i honestly don't know how people can live there (i know people that live there think the same thing of the rural setting).

i think this is, more than the "end of the suburbs", the end of the bedroom communities. there are countless people that have moved here for cheap housing and commute to the city. they spend ridiculous amounts of time in a car driving to and from work. the cost of housing skyrocketed, and now with the cost of gas, it isn't worth it.

meh....i'll rely on myself, i work close to home and use little gas. i could ride a bike if worse came to worst. but i'm not moving to the city. i honestly don't know how people can live there (i know people that live there think the same thing of the rural setting).

That's different bruh. I'm talking about people who commute an hour or more everyday to and from work. People who moved farther and farther from their place of employment just so they could afford a bigger house that only their ego needs. I'd prefer to be able to walk or bike to work, class, the local bar, or to the grocery store. Here in NOVA everything is a 20 minute drive away. That's a dangerous living situation.

i think this is, more than the "end of the suburbs", the end of the bedroom communities. there are countless people that have moved here for cheap housing and commute to the city. they spend ridiculous amounts of time in a car driving to and from work. the cost of housing skyrocketed, and now with the cost of gas, it isn't worth it.

Ha, exactly what I just said above. We're on the same page. I'm not saying everyone should live in an urban enviroment but we should build our communities to be more self-sufficient and promote the end of the commute.

That's different bruh. I'm talking about people who commute an hour or more everyday to and from work. People who moved farther and farther from their place of employment just so they could afford a bigger house that only their ego needs.

People who moved to Front Royal and work in DC (there are a lot) must be getting killed.

Archived