Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens/Redskins- Is there really a rivalry?

Walking Deadman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

There is a rivalry in the minds of Baltimorons. There never has been one down here in the DC metro area. However, it did get pretty annoying when the bandwagon Raven fans started showing up earlier this decade. Then I must admit that I started to feel a rivalry because it did piss me off seeing a Raven bumper sticker or flag down here in Redskins Country.

Not too surprising as the Ravens have now become a bottom dweller franchise, the bandwagoners are gone and so once again I don't feel a rivalry.

I don't see your argument. By your logic, myself and many others on this board would be Baltimore fans. I consider Washington a local team to the Baltimore area, so it can work both ways. Just because they're local doesn't mean you have to like them. I don't like the Ravens. The only Baltimore team I root for is the Orioles. Everything else is DC. Baltimore should just be part of the DC metro area because of distance, and the size of DC.

I agree and disagree with you... I grew up and in Old Town and like you am all DC except for the O's. In my age range, unless you were a huge fan of the old Colts in your early years you were probably either a Redskins fan or a fan of a different team all together. I live in Baltimore now and have a lot of friends that are fans of random teams like the Seahawks, Raiders, Vikings etc. And then are some people that just wanted to go and support the home team when they came back to town...

As far as city size and population, Baltimore is actually a larger city that DC. However, we all know of course the DC metro is MUCH larger than the Baltimore metro so the Skins fanbase will always IMO be larger (and surperior as far as I am concerned)

We don't play each other enough for a full blown rivalry, but DAMN is there animosity between fans. ESPECIALLY in Baltimore. I went to Towson University and you should have heard all of the **** talking on campus and at bars when I had my Skins jerseys on.

Archived