Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CHAMPIONSHIP:ACDC VS AEROSMITH(I need NEW songs,so better make it a good one!!)

michael_33

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

NEW=Round 5 "The Championship"

Who is the GREATEST "A" band ever?

------------------------------------

Matchup#1)AC/DC=EersSkins05(Hells Bells,not yet confirmed!)

Matchup#1)Aerosmith=GibbsforPrez(I Don't Want To Miss A Thing,not yet confirmed)

AC/DC vs AMERICA

Matchup#1)AC/DC=EersSkins05(For those About To Rock) http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3LXu8iHmpA

Matchup#1)America=China(Muskrat Love)

AEROSMITH vs AL GREEN

Matchup#2)Aerosmith=GibbsforPrez(Walk This Way) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdhFhgE-vyM&feature=related

Matchup#2)Al Green=THUNDERDOME(Still In Love With You) http://youtube.com/watch?v=q41wyHC0gVE

AC/DC Bio

----------

Band formed in Sydney,Australia by brothers Angus & Malcolm Young in 1973.Lead singer and co-songwriter Bon Scott died on February 19, 1980, after a night of heavy alcohol consumption.The group briefly considered disbanding, but soon ex-Geordie singer Brian Johnson was selected as Scott's replacement.AC/DC have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide,including 69 million albums in the US.Back in Black has sold an estimated 42 million units worldwide and 22 million in the US alone,making it the fifth highest-selling album ever in the US. AC/DC ranked fourth on VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock"and the seventh "Greatest Heavy Metal Band Of All Time" by MTV. A new album was announced in 2004 and is expected in late 2008.

AMERICA Bio

------------

Gerry Beckley, Dewey Bunnell, and Dan Peek were three members who barely past their teenage years,became an overnight musical sensation in 1972.They were popular enough to attract the services of famed Beatles producer George Martin for a run of seven albums.Consistently touring for well over three decades, America still maintains a strong following and performs over 100 shows per year.They won a Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 1972."Muskrat," penned by Texas folk singer Willis Alan Ramsey, would later become famous as a Top Ten hit by Captain & Tennille in 1976.

AEROSMITH Bio

---------------

The band was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970. Guitarist Joe Perry and bassist Tom Hamilton, originally in a band together called the Jam Band, met up with singer Steven Tyler, drummer Joey Kramer, and guitarist Ray Tabano, and formed Aerosmith.Tabano was replaced by Brad Whitford, and the band began developing a following in Boston.Aerosmith is the bestselling American hard rock band of all time,having sold 150 million albums worldwide,including 66.5 million albums in the United States alone.They also hold the record for the most gold and multi-platinum albums by an American group. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine #1 Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and in 2005 they were ranked #57 in Rolling Stone magazine's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

AL GREEN Bio

-------------

Green was born in Forrest City, Arkansas.The son of a sharecropper, he started performing at age nine in a Forrest City quartet called the Greene Brothers; he dropped the final "e" from his last name years later as a solo artist.His father kicked him out of the group because he caught Al listening to Jackie Wilson.Green has plenty of accolades like making the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" in 1995,Earning a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2002,Gospel Music Association's Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2004,Rolling Stone Magazine ranked him #65 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and he will be honored with a lifetime achievement award at the BET awards on 24 June 2008.He also has 9 Grammy's to sit along his mantle!

what I might do...Is since there will be letters of very limited bands like X,Z or whatever....

We could just post a poll for all the available bands(of that letter) and whoever USER wants to represent whichever band...just have a 1 vote (NO rounds)and whichever band comes out on top,will represent their letter in the A-Z MEGA "BATTLE of the bands"(MAX of 30 Z bands, since the poll doesn't go higher than 30)and we can hope ZZ top wins...lololol

I don't think anyone wants to go 4 or 5 rounds with the band "Z" for that long process and finding songs...(And yes,there's a band called Z)

I'll will list all the bands and edit (this reply as an example)just give me sec to go find the "Z" bands...

Z-List(I'll be deleting a few of these like Zellweger)give me a few minutes..)

------

Z

Zagreb Saxophone Quartet

Zajac, Elaine

Zaloudik, Danny

Zappa, Frank(If nobody uses him for "F",we can do)

Zazie

Zeman, Vasek

Zevon, Warren

Zimbalist, Efrem

Zink, Tom

Zombie, Rob(if nobody uses him for "R",we can do)

Zschech, Darlene

ZZ Top(popular choice)

The Zombies(popular choice)

The Zutons

Zac Efron

Zao

Zarkons

Zeb

Zebra

Zenen

Zero 7

Zhané

Ziggy Marley

Zion (R&B)

Zion I & The Grouch

Zion Y Lennox

Zoo

Zot

Zox

Zuckerman, Josh

Zwan

Of all thse bands....I've actually heard of...

------------------------------------------

Zappa, Frank(exception to the rule)

Zombie, Rob(exception to the rule)

Zao

Zoo

ZZ Top

The Zombies

Zion (R&B)

Zion I & The Grouch

Zion Y Lennox

Not sure which one... :silly: but have heard of one of these 3...(if there not the same one...)I think it's the R&B one?

So I know 7 bands,unless I am forgetting or someone knows another Z-Band?

I could leave the crappy ones out and we could just have a vote on who BELONGS on the 1-time voting POLL(no rounds)

But I would imagine that Z Top,The Zombies,Rob Zombie (if in it) Frank Zappa (if in it)The Zoo would get the most votes...

what do you guys want to do here...?I don't want to discriminate against anyone,who might be a big fan of ZAO or whoever... :cheers:

If nothing is said on this issue,we can either just have a FINAL 4 with the top 4 bands or have a 1-time voting poll and put them all in it...(or the 30 we can get and let the best man win)? :)

Ok...Congratulations on ACDC and Aerosmith...

They have managed to survive a grueling 4 rounds of competitive competition...!

Now most... if not all of us us,have heard their music!From radio,to movies,to concerts or even just other friends who loved them...

Now it's time...!Who is the best of the "A" bands?(Winner gets name pasted on A-Z alphabet on Poll pages..)

And of course...Enters the MEGA "BATTLE OF THE BANDS"(A-Z) competition!

Aerosmith and AC/DC are both for the older crowd but I think Aerosmith should win this one with the shear amount of #1 Hits that have put out.

I personally like AC/DC better and if the song was thunderstruck www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w even more votes would be flowing to AC/DC.

I don't know about you, but i don't consider myself part of the older crowd, but i do really like both of these bands.

edit: and I think thunderstruck was used in the first round.

Aerosmith and AC/DC are both for the older crowd but I think Aerosmith should win this one with the shear amount of #1 Hits that have put out.

I personally like AC/DC better and if the song was thunderstruck www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w even more votes would be flowing to AC/DC.

But unfortunately, ACDC already used that song in one of the rounds...

They both had alot of hits though...

I don't know about you, but i don't consider myself part of the older crowd, but i do really like both of these bands.

edit: and I think thunderstruck was used in the first round.

There are some people that like all generations of music. I simply believe that Aeorsmith is more transendant than AC/DC that' all.

WOW! I woulda used Hells Bells or TNT in the first round, save thunderstruck for the finals.

There are some people that like all generations of music. I simply believe that Aeorsmith is more transendant than AC/DC that' all.

WOW! I woulda used Hells Bells or TNT in the first round, save thunderstruck for the finals.

I will most likely be putting my vote to Aerosmith over AC DC, but i guess I'll have to wait and see what songs are chosen.

I think Aerosmith has a wider variety of music as compared with AC DC and enjoy many of their different sounds.

Archived