Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock the Bells 2008!!!!

skinsfan07

Wow, what a show. Ghost/Rae, Nas, Meth and Red and Tribe killed it.

Ha, when Nas came on we were all like ILLMATIC and it went crazy when NY State of Mind came on...

then Check the Rhime and Buggin Out and of coure C.R.E.A.M

DE LA SOUL to my surprise MURDERED their set to. But I always heard they had a great show. Seasoned veterans and it showed. Job well done by ALL the performers. I got chills when Nas was doing the ILLMATIC album.

I was disappointed that Ali Shaheed Muhammad wasn't there though.

But the real question is was Jerobi there. And if he was, would anybody even know?

DE LA SOUL to my surprise MURDERED their set to. But I always heard they had a great show. Seasoned veterans and it showed.

No surprise to me that you'd say that. I've seen roughly about 30-40 rap artists/groups in the past including a number of the artists performing at Rock The Bells this year and De La had one of the best sets hands down. Great energy, got the crowd involved well, just impressive live performance overall. And I wasn't even into De La all that much back when I saw them.

Yep, the entire group was. Hell, Jarobi was with Tribe........

Well, nevermind my comments above. They had to have announced who he was for cats to recognize him, right? I'm the biggest Tribe fan in the world and could walk right by Jerobi on the street any day of the week without skipping a beat.

Immortal Technique is wack. A lot of people were booing him.

i was right in the pit and i didnt hear anyone booing him

He was talking about his hate for cops (which I have absolutely no problem with) but then went on to say and if you have a family member who's a cop F you and F your entire family. Where the hell does he get off saying that. And he spoke like all minorities are poor and all whites are living the good life. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Nas came out later and said it the right way.

talking about the cops.... you need to relax. he was just being emotional and didnt mean it literally. you can disagree with his opinion all you want (i have some major disagreements), but the kid is still talented on the mic.

i was right in the pit and i didnt hear anyone booing him

talking about the cops.... you need to relax. he was just being emotional and didnt mean it literally. you can disagree with his opinion all you want (i have some major disagreements), but the kid is still talented on the mic.

I said I had no problem with saying cops suck. It's been said in rap since the 80's. And I do not think he was kidding, to tell the truth. Don't tell me to relax, I don't even have an exclamation point in that paragraph.

And I never said he didn't have talent. He has alot of talent.

Alot of people were apathetic when he came on and started going off. And he does act like all minorities are poor and all white people live the good life.

Alot of people were apathetic when he came on and started going off. And he does act like all minorities are poor and all white people live the good life.

Not that I'm up much on Immortal Technique and I've never seen him live and only have one of his albums, but this is in pretty stark contrast to what he was expressing on one track on the album I have. He was specifically saying how things are divided moreso by class than race nowadays in America and spoke along these lines for a couple minutes (it was a spoken word track and not him rapping if I remember right).

Perhaps, he's changed his opinions in recent years, but what you're saying about his recent statements don't jive with what he was saying in the past, at least on that one track. The album was the one with dance with the devil though I don't know the name of the track offhand that I'm referring to.

I said I had no problem with saying cops suck. It's been said in rap since the 80's. And I do not think he was kidding, to tell the truth. Don't tell me to relax, I don't even have an exclamation point in that paragraph.

And I never said he didn't have talent. He has alot of talent.

live the good life? no. dont have to deal with a lot a grief that minorities have to deal with? yes.

he is a product of his environment, and his sentiment about that is one that is shared by many, including everyones favorite rappers. he just expresses himself with less censorship bc he knows he isnt going triple platinum and doesnt have a label to answer to.

Not that I'm up much on Immortal Technique and I've never seen him live and only have one of his albums, but this is in pretty stark contrast to what he was expressing on one track on the album I have. He was specifically saying how things are divided moreso by class than race nowadays in America and spoke along these lines for a couple minutes (it was a spoken word track and not him rapping if I remember right).

Perhaps, he's changed his opinions in recent years, but what you're saying about his recent statements don't jive with what he was saying in the past, at least on that one track. The album was the one with dance with the devil though I don't know the name of the track offhand that I'm referring to.

Poverty of Philosophy

Archived