Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst pain of my life!!!

FunBunch7

Yeah, I cringe. Bladder infections are really common in MS patients, and more so for those on the drug I'm on. With my last one, my wife was talking about how I may have to learn to "self cath." Um yeah, I mean "Um NO." That's with a much smaller tube than what they used for you, and I still cringe at the thought. I want that to be an exit only opening on my body.

I cringe for ya. Hope you feel better now for all the pain you went through.

the ordeal of passing kidney stones has been described to me as somewhat akin to pissing barbed wire.

Been there, done that a couple of times and it is no picnic.

The only thing remotely close in, my experience, was the reinsertion of a catheter, while I was awake.

I hit the morphine pump before the aformentioned reinsertion and it still hurt like hell.

My heart rate jumped to 170 during that ordeal

I'm sorry I read this post...I am a changed man for atleast the rest of today. I can't imagine what you went through, and hope you don't have to go through it again. BTW, did they tell you what caused the stone , or how to prevent another?

the ordeal of passing kidney stones has been described to me as somewhat akin to pissing barbed wire.

With my 1st kidney stone a female nurse told me that this was as close to childbirth as a man will ever get. The following 2 days changed my outlook on motherhood forever!

I'm sorry I read this post...I am a changed man for atleast the rest of today. I can't imagine what you went through, and hope you don't have to go through it again. BTW, did they tell you what caused the stone , or how to prevent another?

I brought my stone fragments in to have them analyzed. Most are made up of different types of calcium. My hunch is that soda and salty foods had alot to do with it.

I'm now a pillar of health so I hopefully never have to go through this ordeal again.

Archived