Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

Mark, as usual great info from you my friend!!!

I thought the NFL outsources all their Jersey's to Korea or elsewhere until now.

Anybody know how to get a Game ready Jeresy made in the good old USA?

The most common method is to donate money to your favorite player's charity who he has donated the jersey to. Mind you, this will cost you one hell of a lot of money. You probably can also get one if you are personal friends with the player. And if you want one from someone who was camp fodder or maybe actually played on the team a game or two before being cut, show up early at the semi-annual (as in every once in a while) Redskins store closeout sale at the stadium.

Mark, where do Mitchell and Ness Jerseys come into play? I have a white Riggins Mitchell and Ness which is very nicely made. What category would this jersey fit into?

Those are limited edition jerseys of old timers authorized by the NFL. The ones I have seen are similar in quality to what are know as "authentics".....although it depends how long ago the player played because the farther back you go, the lesser in quality the jerseys were. Mitchell and Ness make their jerseys to approximately match the jersey of the day when the player played.

The most common method is to donate money to your favorite player's charity who he has donated the jersey to. Mind you, this will cost you one hell of a lot of money. You probably can also get one if you are personal friends with the player. And if you want one from someone who was camp fodder or maybe actually played on the team a game or two before being cut, show up early at the semi-annual (as in every once in a while) Redskins store closeout sale at the stadium.

Thanks S&S for the info I will definitely look into it! I do not mind donating to a good charity.

As a plan B anybody know a way to purchase directly from Rippon? If they sell direct it is not intuitive on their website.

Thanks S&S for the info I will definitely look into it! I do not mind donating to a good charity.

As a plan B anybody know a way to purchase directly from Rippon? If they sell direct it is not intuitive on their website.

No, the public probably cant buy from Rippon. They are not a retail store. they are a manufaturer, who probably has a contract with reebok and the NFL. You have to get game worn jerseys either from a player, or like someone else said, They have annual sales at the redskins store on game made jerseys (jerseys made for the players, and or/ game used)

Thanks for the kind comments, guys :)

Where do you guys get ur authentics for good prices? Also, can you get jerseys with the elastic arms anywhere online (authentic ones)?
Cheapest place I've seen for Authentics is at the Stadium Store on Draft day, or at Redskins.com on Draft Day. They were on sale for $79.99 last month. Similar prices were online at redskins.com that day, too. But it's a one day deal. Re the authentic elastic arm jerseys, I believe NFL.com has them, but they won't be cheap.
Mark, as usual great info from you my friend!!!

I thought the NFL outsources all their Jersey's to Korea or elsewhere until now.

Anybody know how to get a Game ready Jeresy made in the good old USA?

Hey Mike, Thanks! The Redskins usually have a Collectors Day sale in late January at the Stadium Store. Last time, for the first time, they distributed gamers to all the various Stadium stores. So, it's possible there may be a few left in the Redskins Stores in various malls (Montgomery, Lake Forest, Wheaton Plaza, Tysons, etc.).
Mark, where do Mitchell and Ness Jerseys come into play? I have a white Riggins Mitchell and Ness which is very nicely made. What category would this jersey fit into?
Hey Mike - you had to stir up trouble, didn't you? :) You're right, I should make room for Mitchell & Ness. I don't own any though. See SonnyandSam's comment. And check this example:

redskins94ervinswhiteb.jpg

I have no recall of the Redskins wearing such a jersey, but they must have, since Mitchell & Ness made this one. I remember seeing this jersey two years ago. I even called M & N and asked what was up with the white collar. They said the white collar is correct. This must have been an alternate jersey in 1994 made to mimic the original Redskins jersey of the 30s. So M & N copied it. Anyways, the 'Skins finished 3-13 in 1994 and I'm not a big Ervins fan, so I think I'll pass on this one.

I have no recall of the Redskins wearing such a jersey, but they must have, since Mitchell & Ness made this one. I remember seeing this jersey two years ago. I even called M & N and asked what was up with the white collar. They said the white collar is correct. This must have been an alternate jersey in 1994 made to mimic the original Redskins jersey of the 30s. So M & N copied it. Anyways, the 'Skins finished 3-13 in 1994 and I'm not a big Ervins fan, so I think I'll pass on this one.

Yeah, I believe they wore this white version against the Lions that season...on the highlight video from that year (though going 3-13 doesn't produce a lot of highlights) they show them wearing these jerseys during a road game.

:point2sky

thanks for the post, very informative. I will have to read the entire thing when I have more time.

Now for the million dollar question, do you know where one could get his hands on a Sean Taylor "authentic" style jersey (<-see, I read part of it for now)? I would prefer not to have to pay $300 + the customization fee for a blank one. I also say "authentic" since I dont want a jersey with silk screened numbers, name plates etc.

Now for the million dollar question, do you know where one could get his hands on a Sean Taylor "authentic" style jersey (<-see, I read part of it for now)? I would prefer not to have to pay $300 + the customization fee for a blank one. I also say "authentic" since I dont want a jersey with silk screened numbers, name plates etc.

Chances are slim that you will find an Authentic ST Jersey for cheap.

First of all, :applause: fantastic stuff Mark. And thanks for offering all of the info.

I have never had this question answered, so hopefully you can answer it for me.

I have been trying to purchase authentics for a long time now in either size 58 or 60. Are there places that sell Redskins authentics in those sizes? My number one priority is to get a Sean Taylor. An authentic, Sean Taylor Probowl jersey in those sizes might be too much to ask for.

Don't you think?

Hey Mark, is that throwback Coach Gibbs sweater you have an authentic?? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: where's that pic at, thats the best ever?:silly:
You betcha. It's around here somewhere. Maybe I should start a new thread tomorrow on Authentic sweaters? :)
thanks for the post, very informative. I will have to read the entire thing when I have more time.

I really have no idea. I don't know that much about retail jerseys - probably because, like you, I don't want to pay $300 for one. :) I remember last year, eastbay.com had a sale on an authentic Moss jersey for $89, and I believe they were legit, although they ran out before I could get one so I don't know for sure. Maybe you could wait for a sale?
First of all, :applause: fantastic stuff Mark. And thanks for offering all of the info.

I have never had this question answered, so hopefully you can answer it for me.

I have been trying to purchase authentics for a long time now in either size 58 or 60. Are there places that sell Redskins authentics in those sizes? My number one priority is to get a Sean Taylor. An authentic, Sean Taylor Probowl jersey in those sizes might be too much to ask for.

Don't you think?

Thanks. :) It appears eastbay. com has a Moss authentic in both those sizes and it's on sale too. Other than that, I don't know.
ST Pro Bowl Authentics weren't made for the public.

Only Replicas were.

Yes - I haven't seen any authentic pro bowl jerseys either. They may not exist.

Good stuff as always Mark!

I unfortunately bought 2 authentic Champ Bailey jerseys right before he left! Needless to say, I don't wear them any more. What do you normally do with your jerseys of players that were traded? I heard there was a service that was able to replace the name plate from a former player to a current one. Is that true?

Thank-you, Sir. I'm waiting for somebody to say "Hey *******, you're full of ****! Because I know for a FACT that blah blah blah is blah so blah blah blah and blah blah blah. You should know what the **** you're talking about before you...blah blah blat (etc.)" I'm sure that will be coming eventually. :)

I haven't figured out what to do with my old jerseys. I only have a few authentics. Wanna buy a B. Johnson cheap? :)

The only way I know to fix a jersey is to swap out the nameplate, and there is nobody I know that does it. And when somebody does pop up that does it, the league shuts them down because of some kind of trademark violation. So you'll have to do it on your own. That means, go to a local place that does T shirts and sports gear and whatnot and talk to them (I'm currently having a nameplate done as we speak). You may have to supply the fabric. It's probably best if you keep words like "Redskins" and "NFL" out of the conversation. :)

Thank-you, Sir. I'm waiting for somebody to say "Hey *******, you're full of ****! Because I know for a FACT that blah blah blah is blah so blah blah blah and blah blah blah. You should know what the **** you're talking about before you...blah blah blat (etc.)" I'm sure that will be coming eventually. :)

You started an informative thread on purchasing seats at FEDEX, then got criticized for being a ticket broker/scalper. So I guess it is only a matter of time before you get criticized for cheating some of the less than honest E-Bay jersey sellers from making an "honest" living as well.

You know what they say, no good deed, goes unpunished.;)

I'm funny about jerseys....I got burned on my LA jersey...spent $70 then he was a Giant...So I wait until they at least sign long term before I buy....I bought a Portis authentic outside fed ex for $50 before a game....some guy had a whole box full of jerseys...I look for that dude everytime I come to a game. It's as close to the real thing as it needs to be for me. Not going to drop $250+ for a "real" authentic. I also have an"authentic" ST 70th anniversary jersey that I got on ebay for around $70. I'll pay that all day long.

Excellent post!

I have some advice for those of you wanting to modify a particular jersey that might be useful. If I need a name changed on a jersey, a jersey shortened, or patches sewn on to a jersey I take them to a shop here that does all the emergency services uniform alterations and patchwork (i.e. police, firefighter, emt, etc.). They have the knowhow to construct any type of lettering that I specify and any stitch that I need for hems, patches, nameplates, etc. I have had to have them cut obsolete jerseys to construct nameplates. I usually just buy a cheap jersey off of ebay, since all I care about is matching fabrics so the jersey I want to keep looks as though it were an original. They are also unfamiliar with the NFLPA trademark regulations....

I haven't figured out what to do with my old jerseys. I only have a few authentics. Wanna buy a B. Johnson cheap? :)

The only way I know to fix a jersey is to swap out the nameplate, and there is nobody I know that does it. And when somebody does pop up that does it, the league shuts them down because of some kind of trademark violation. So you'll have to do it on your own. That means, go to a local place that does T shirts and sports gear and whatnot and talk to them (I'm currently having a nameplate done as we speak). You may have to supply the fabric. It's probably best if you keep words like "Redskins" and "NFL" out of the conversation. :)

:laugh: I know what you mean about getting eaten alive by some of the pious BSers around here...oops, I mean ESers. Nevertheless, thanks for the advice.

BTW, no thanks to the B Johnson jersey.:silly:

Excellent post!

I have some advice for those of you wanting to modify a particular jersey that might be useful. If I need a name changed on a jersey, a jersey shortened, or patches sewn on to a jersey I take them to a shop here that does all the emergency services uniform alterations and patchwork (i.e. police, firefighter, emt, etc.). They have the knowhow to construct any type of lettering that I specify and any stitch that I need for hems, patches, nameplates, etc. I have had to have them cut obsolete jerseys to construct nameplates. I usually just buy a cheap jersey off of ebay, since all I care about is matching fabrics so the jersey I want to keep looks as though it were an original. They are also unfamiliar with the NFLPA trademark regulations....

Interesting. The last place I went to - first of all, they couldn't produce the correct fabric. So I had to find my own. Where, like EXACTLY, did you pull your nameplate fabric from on a jersey? I mean, really, when I looked on my old worthless jerseys, the only useable space was on the back top shoulders, but that area already has a nameplate. If you remove it and use the fabric underneath, aren't the holes showing from the stitching of the first nameplate?

Great post! great info!, thanks for taking the time Mark.

I have a question.....first of all, I dont have any jerseys, I would like to get one, but since I'm a rookie, I dont know the sizes equivalents. I wear L, so whats that in numbers?? And should I get a size bigger or do they fit just like T-shirts? i dont want it tight to my "muscular" body :D , but I dont want it huge either.

Thanks!

Archived