Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Rypien on the rise guys morning show (Upstate SC radio)

ClemsSC7Skinfan

I don't know who all knows about 93.3 the planet here in the upstate of SC. They were on site at the BMW celebrity Golf Pro Am Live From the Thronblade Country Club and Mark Rypien was there so they got him to come on the radio and just cut up with them for awhile. It was pretty cool to listen to him he sounded very laid back. They immediately joked about how bad we killed the Bills in 91 and Skip (one of the hosts is from NY and is a Giants fan so he was appreciative because he has a strong distaste for Buffalo).

They continued to talk about sports, you could tell that Mark keeps up with his sports still to this day. He made jokes here and there and mentioned about how he played in Indy his last season in 01 and that he passed his information along to Peyton and the rest is history haha.

He also mentioned Joe Gibbs and how it seemed that he knew exactly how to push his players individually as well as when to lay off of them individually and be more sensitive to guys who couldn't take the push if they had a certain personal problem or whatever it may be. He felt that Tom Coughlin learned the same thing this past season and that is why he went to the Superbowl and the Giants did a 180 during the season to become a much better team.

It sounded like he was very happy and that he is a great guy. The guys brought up the fact that he had a foundation and gave him some time to plug in for that. I was going to try and see if the rise guys recorded the interview because the usually do record them to play at certain times of the year when they are on vacation. So maybe they can post it on the website. I'll let them know how many skins will visit their board if they do such a thing. Anyhow just wanted to share that and see if anyone else around the upstate of SC heard it this morning on the radio.

Sorry about the color error

I don't know who all knows about 93.3 the planet here in the upstate of SC. They were on site at the BMW CELEBRITY GOLF PRO AM LIVE FROM THE THORNBLADE COUNTRY CLUB and Mark Rypien was there so they got him to come on the radio and just cut up with them for awhile. It was pretty cool to listen to him he sounded very laid back. They immediately joked about how bad we killed the Bills in 91 and Skip (one of the hosts is from NY and is a Giants fan so he was appreciative because he has a strong distaste for Buffalo).

They continued to talk about sports, you could tell that Mark keeps up with his sports still to this day. He made jokes here and there and mentioned about how he played in Indy his last season in 01 and that he passed his information along to Peyton and the rest is history haha.

He also mentioned Joe Gibbs and how it seemed that he knew exactly how to push his players individually as well as when to lay off of them individually and be more sensitive to guys who couldn't take the push if they had a certain personal problem or whatever it may be. He felt that Tom Coughlin learned the same thing this past season and that is why he went to the Superbowl and the Giants did a 180 during the season to become a much better team.

It sounded like he was very happy and that he is a great guy. The guys brought up the fact that he had a foundation and gave him some time to plug in for that. I was going to try and see if the rise guys recorded the interview because the usually do record them to play at certain times of the year when they are on vacation. So maybe they can post it on the website. I'll let them know how many skins will visit their board if they do such a thing.

Anyhow just wanted to share that and see if anyone else around the upstate of SC heard it this morning on the radio.

Thats Forest City N.C. da Planet, not south kakalacky....Love Rypien, hate I missed, did he say how his family was? Wife and child were very sick?

The Planet is in Greenville,SC it may be played in Forest City but the station is out of Greenville. His son died in 98 he just mentioned the foundation he started because of it. I don't know about his wife, I didn't hear him mention it but I was in and out of my truck through the morning so I caught most of it but I may of missed that.

Thats Forest City N.C. da Planet, not south kakalacky....Love Rypien, hate I missed, did he say how his family was? Wife and child were very sick?
Unless I am mistaken, his child died a ways back. I think the stress was too much on his marriage and they split, I think.

I met him back in 1998 at a bar here in the West End of Richmond. Nice guy in for a golf event. Can't dance a lick though, awful, awful, awful. This group of girls had him out on the floor and me and my friend were rolling.

I got buy him a beer and he autographed two business cards for me. Only Redskins I have met are him and Joe Gibbs.

its on their podcast for that day for sure.

im going to the golf tourney tomorrow and he is going to be there. Im actually working at the event so i should get to see him. keep your fingers crossed for me...eekx3.gif

For some reason this made me remember the time back in the 1989 - 1991 period that I witnessed Rypien get into a verbal altercation with someone at a Herndon High School football game. I don't know what caused it but he was really angry.

Archived