Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quotes from ProFootballWeekly.com

doncherry

I'm sure that everybody will enjoy TO's quote.....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/They+Said+It/2008/said051208.htm

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Falcons’ owner Arthur Blank, quoted on ajc.com after his team’s latest blunder (LB Michael Boley was arrested last week on domestic assault charges): “It’s been hard. It’s been a hard [17 months]. Everything you do in the NFL is played out in the eyes of the public. It means that owners, executives, coaches and players, all of us, we have to take real responsibility for our behavior. It’s not just a matter of winning on the field. It’s a matter of what we do off the field as well.” Blank continued by saying everyone in the organization knows what is expected of them: “Well, they know how I feel. When you have certain situations that are disappointing, they’re just disappointing. You go back, and you examine all the research of anybody we’ve drafted and the free agents. Did we miss on character, and if so, why?”

Cowboys WR Terrell Owens, determined not to let his contract become a distraction as it has in the past, as quoted in the Dallas Morning News: "For sure, I definitely want to end my career with the Dallas Cowboys, and go into the Hall of Fame as a Dallas Cowboy. I'm going to let God fight that battle for me. There was a situation where the contract didn't work out in Philly. With this, I'm going to let it play out and not try to be a distraction. I'll let it take care of itself. I'm a firm believer that things will work out for the best."

Agent Gary Wichard, who represents Ravens LB Terrell Suggs, quoted in the Baltimore Sun after his client reached a unique franchise deal with Baltimore that will pay Suggs $8.5 million as a hybrid defensive end-linebacker next year: "His job is to rush the quarterback as a defensive end, and I thought it was unfair that he had to live under the linebacker franchise tag. So, Ozzie [Newsome, Ravens general manager] and I said, 'Let us resolve this as opposed to the attorneys.' I tip my hat off to Ozzie for creating a new franchise tag."

Seahawks LB Lofa Tatupu, remorseful after being arrested on suspicion of drunken driving last weekend, as quoted on seattlepi.com: "I take seriously my role as a leader on this team, and in the community, and because of that I'm disappointed and embarrassed by the level of poor judgment I used last weekend. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. This will never happen again, and I hope through hard work on and off the field to begin earning your respect and trust again."

Headline grabber? Check. Me-first attitude? Check. Admittedly pretty nice numbers? Check.

Yep, he's got all the traits the HOF looks for.

I must confess that even after two really well behaved years in Dallas i still havent warmed up to him as a Cowboy...i guess being a somewhat old school and a life long Dallas fan, i just cant shake the image of him showing the Boys up in our stadium....Big Props to George Teague for his 50 yard line WHACK!!!

I must confess that even after two really well behaved years in Dallas i still havent warmed up to him as a Cowboy...i guess being a somewhat old school and a life long Dallas fan, i just cant shake the image of him showing the Boys up in our stadium....Big Props to George Teague for his 50 yard line WHACK!!!

Good. Its hard to respect a fan that would embraced a guy that so totally disrespected their team. Just because someone is on the team doesnt mean you have to like them. Case in point, Deion Sanders for the Redskins.

Doesn't Owens realized that in the football HOF, you don't go in for just a single team. Every team you every played for is listed on your bust.

That means San Fran and Philly big boy.

Assuming he makes the HOF.

actually you do "go in" under the last team you were signed with..... which is why players will sign a 1 day contract to retire as a member of that team...... all your teams are listed but "officially" you only count under the team you go in under

Archived