Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008-09 N.F.L. Predictions and Thoughts

djbubba4life

I hope one day to be a sports journalist. so let me know what you think of my predictions and thoughts about each team for next season

NFC

NFC EAST:

Dallas: Their playoff appearance clearly shows they were not as good as everyone thought they were, and i dont see anyone theyve picked up in the draft or FA thats go to change that.

Washington: I like the new offseason aproach by not taking ever big name avilable, had one of the best rated drafts by Mel Kiper, deffinatly will give Dallas a run for their money.

New York: Had an improbable playoff run ending with a spectacular superbowl win. It wont happen again.

Philidelphia: Theyve got two choices, the unproven QB in Kevin Kolb, or 'make it only half way through the season McNabb'. Either one that is chosen, i dont see a playoff run.

NFC NORTH:

Minnesota: Tarvis Jackson isnt great, their recievers arent great. but Adrian Peterson is spectacular and so is their defense against the run. Will be able to crawl out of the division without Brett Favre in it.

Detroit: Last season they either won by a big amount or it was the complete opposite. Consistancy, consistancy, consistancy.

Green Bay: They drafted Brian Brohm for a reason, they have no real answer at QB.

Chicago: The only thing that led them to the superbowl was defense, which they no longer have.

NFC SOUTH:

Tampa Bay: Its hard to pick a winner in such a bad division

New Orleans: Im still waiting to be impressed by Reggie Bush

Carolina: Had a great Draft. Might end up being a good sleeper pick.

Atlanta: Wont start to win games again until they can stop talking about Michael Vick. Which wont be for another 3 seasons

NFC West:

Arizona: Will best out Seattle in a close one. Although they still need some work on D.

Seattle: Need to be more unprecitable instead of throwing every single down, and another thing. please stop telling everyone how superbowl 40 was fixed.

San Francisco: Maybe this season theyl acctually score on Offense.

St. Louis: Chris Long cant take on 11 players on offense by himself.

AFC

AFC EAST:

New England: Will still be the best of a lackluster divison. Not going to go undefeated.

Buffalo: Will have the best record of all the three teams that reside in New York.

New York: Cant name one big time player on the team.

Miami: Can only go up from here right?..Or not.

AFC NORTH:

Cleveland: the story of this season will be which way Brady Quinn decides to murder Derek Anderson for the starting job, because thats the only way hes getting it

Pittsburgh: A good team, but no more predictions of how your going to kick the Patriots ***. Please.

Cincinnati: Hopefully the number of games they win this season will be more than the amount of players convicted on the team.

Baltimore: No Offense, and whos Joe Flacco?

AFC SOUTH:

Indianpolis: Good, as allways.

Jacksonville: The only white person on the team besides Matt Jones is the kicker. Not that its a bad thing, just something i noticed.

Houston: Mario Williams is starting to look like the better pick of the 06 Draft.

Tennesse: Had an absoulte terrible draft.

AFC WEST:

San Diego: Lets go lose another AFC Championship!

Oakland: Al Davis's picture would probably be alot more terrifying to put on the helmet than the picture they have on it right now.

Denver: Stop trying compare Jay Cutler to John Elway.

Kansas City: Once their rookies develop, they will be a great team.

Let me know what you think :helmet:

Redskins are going to have a difficult time making the playoffs in 2008 because New Orleans (who missed in 2007) is going to rebound and they have upgraded their talent in the offseason.

I don't think Dallas will be 13-3 again. They aren't that good. 13 pro bowlers? :laugh:

The '78 Steelers and '84 49ers didn't put that many people in Hawaii but were much better teams relative to their era.

Philly could also be better and could displace the Redskins from a wildcard spot. Depending so heavily upon McNabb and Westbrook, however, has been an achilles heel with the Eagles for some time. They just refuse to address the WR position or get a complementary back to sub for Westbrook.

New York had a cinderella season. I think they could fall the farthest because so many things went right for them in 2007 that may not go their way this time around.

Manning stayed healthy. Strahan at 35 stayed healthy. The questionable secondary held up, including 34 year old Sam Madison. The offensive line was surprisingly stout during the season and the wide receivers were all clutch at the right times.

Maybe what we saw in 2007 is the 'new' Giants. But until we see another year of clutch play, I think you will see them fall off a bit like Carolina did after 2003.

I think you should work on your grammer and spelling first: "Washington: I like the new offseason aproach by not taking ever big name avilable, had one of the best rated drafts by Mel Kiper, deffinatly will give Dallas a run for their money."

I think you should work on your grammer and spelling first: "Washington: I like the new offseason aproach by not taking ever big name avilable, had one of the best rated drafts by Mel Kiper, deffinatly will give Dallas a run for their money."

I thought the same thing when reading, however it's pretty bad when you call someone out on their grammAr and/or spelling and don't even spell the word in question correctly. :laugh:

NFC

East

1.Dallas 12-4

2.Philadelphia 10-6

3.Washington 9-7

4.NY Giants 8-8

North

1.Minnesota 10-6

2.Green Bay 9-7

3.Detroit 8-8

4.Chicago 5-11

South

1.Carolina 10-6

2.Tampa Bay 8-8

3.New Orleans 8-8

4.Atlanta 4-12

West

1.Seattle 9-7

2.Arizona 8-8

3.San Francisco 7-9

4.St. Louis 6-10

AFC

East

1.New England 11-5

2.Buffalo 9-7

3.Miami 6-10

4.NY Jets 5-11

North

1.Cleveland 10-6

2.Pittsburgh 9-7

3.Baltimore 7-9

4.Cincinatti 5-11*

South

1.Indianapolis 13-3

2.Jacksonville 11-5

3.Houston 9-7

4.Tennessee 7-9

West

1.San Diego 10-6

2.Oakland 9-7

3.Kansas City 7-9

4.Denver 6-10

PLAY-OFFS

Round one

Washington Beats Minnesota 27-17

Philadelphia Beats Seattle 21-10

Oakland Beats Cleveland 24-21

Jacksonville Beats San Diego 28-20

Round Two

Washington Beats Dallas 14-13

Philadelphia Beats Carolina 22-16

Indianapolis beats Oakland 35-14

Jacksonville beats New England 22-19

Round three

Philadelphia Beats Washington 31-28

Jacksonville Beats Indianapolis 21-20

SUPERBOWL

Jacksonville Beats Philadelphia 38-10

NFC

East

1.Dallas 12-4

2.Philadelphia 10-6

3.Washington 9-7

4.NY Giants 8-8

Come on. Dallas 12-4. Unless they have a soft schedule, I doubt it. The Skins at 9-7 is probably a good prediction, although I am hoping for 10 wins (which I do not think is a reach.) Philly more like 9-7 or 8-8. NFC East will be even more brutal this year with everyone having a decent draft.

By the way, if you have Washington and Green Bay both at 9-7, what makes you think that the Skins will get the last wildcard spot?

My prediction is that once again the two wildcard teams from the NFC will come from the East. Best division in football, closely followed by the AFC South.

North

1.Minnesota 10-6

2.Green Bay 9-7

3.Detroit 8-8

4.Chicago 5-11

I'm with you on this.

South

1.Carolina 10-6

2.Tampa Bay 8-8

3.New Orleans 8-8

4.Atlanta 4-12

I'm rooting for Carolina. With Delhomme back at QB, and good draft help at OL and RB, I am expecting them to do well. I expect the NFCS to be a tough division this year, besides the Falcons. Somehow, I think that the NFC as a whole wll be more compettitive with the AFC.

West

1.Seattle 9-7

2.Arizona 8-8

3.San Francisco 7-9

4.St. Louis 6-10

This is basically a two team division. Either the Cards or the Hawks win it.

AFC

East

1.New England 11-5

2.Buffalo 9-7

3.Miami 6-10

4.NY Jets 5-11

I would love the Pats to lose this division ... but to who? They have the softest division in the NFL! No other team in the division had a winning record last year! Do you real think Miami will win 6? I'm no Parcells fan, but I would like to see this storied franchise at least make a return to respectability.

North

1.Cleveland 10-6

2.Pittsburgh 9-7

3.Baltimore 7-9

4.Cincinatti 5-11*

Will this be the year that the Browns finally make the playoffs? Will Cinci continue to flounder despite the talent on the roster?

South

1.Indianapolis 13-3

2.Jacksonville 11-5

3.Houston 9-7

4.Tennessee 7-9

Sounds likley, except I hope Tenn is 9-7 and Houston is 7-9.

West

1.San Diego 10-6

2.Oakland 9-7

3.Kansas City 7-9

4.Denver 6-10

Oakland with a winning record? Dude, what are you smokin'!? That said, I would love to see the Raiders NOT sucking.

By the way, are you sure all these W-L records add up? There seem to be a lot of wins and not enough lossses to balance them out.

PLAY-OFFS

Round one

Washington Beats Minnesota 27-17

Philadelphia Beats Seattle 21-10

Oakland Beats Cleveland 24-21

Jacksonville Beats San Diego 28-20

Round Two

Washington Beats Dallas 14-13

Philadelphia Beats Carolina 22-16

Indianapolis beats Oakland 35-14

Jacksonville beats New England 22-19

Round three

Philadelphia Beats Washington 31-28

Jacksonville Beats Indianapolis 21-20

SUPERBOWL

Jacksonville Beats Philadelphia 38-10

That sounds like a pretty improbable SB match up.

Actually, for all my criticizms, GOOD JOB for the most part. It takes guts to make predictions, and you, my friend, have some intestinal fortitude.

I would love the Pats to lose this division ... but to who? They have the softest division in the NFL! No other team in the division had a winning record last year! Do you real think Miami will win 6? I'm no Parcells fan, but I would like to see this storied franchise at least make a return to respectability.
Ever since Miami beat the Redskins in SuperBowl VII, I hate them. So Miami can suck it. So can the Raiders for that matter. Am I being silly? Of course. But I enjoy seeing them flounder year after year. :D Booyah!

First off, predictions are for the birds, although nothing is wrong with that.

Secondly, more then "one liners" would be nice from a journalist.

Thirdly, punctuation is your friend. Don't be shy to mix in the appropriate apostrophises. ' ' ' ' ' '

Fourthly, "I" before "E" except after "C".

Lastly, proof read!! Spelling is also your friend. I am from Canada and can see that you spelled "Indianapolis" and "Tennessee" incorrectly, along with many many words.

The others are right. If you want to be a journalist, you need to practice your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Even on a message board, you can't be lazy about it. That being said, you're 23 and living in McLean, so you must be doing something right. What are you right now, a lawyer or a lobbyist?;)

Why don't you see if The Connection is accepting freelance work? That's always a nice way to get started if you're serious about this stuff.

I thought the same thing when reading, however it's pretty bad when you call someone out on their grammAr and/or spelling and don't even spell the word in question correctly. :laugh:

I can't correct the spelling in the OP as I am not the original poster.:doh:

P.S. There is no capital A in grammAr and it is spelled grammar instead. Feel better now.:silly:

Archived