Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post draft interview: Devin Thomas

skinzzfan25

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2008/04/spartans_thomas_happy_to_go_to.html

"I'm just really excited about the chance to play with the Redskins," Thomas said during a teleconference. "I've got that fighter mentality, and going into the season I'm going to have a chip (on my shoulder) because that's just how I play.

"I'm going to work hard to showcase my talents and show a lot of teams why they shouldn't have passed on me."

"We're about to have a really dynamic offense, I feel."

I like the guy personally, and I think he's going to be a long term answer here in DC.

thanks for the post...

the "chip-on-my-shoulder-mentality" is my favorite thing about him. i feel like he will always be trying to better himself because people doubted him. he seemed real intelligent from the interview i saw of him a couple days ago.... i think it was on Rome. Either way, i cant wait to get this guy in camp and start developing him.

This guy is money. I really thought he was going to Philly in the first. I think he's going to have a special mentality towards them for trading out of the spot and not pulling the trigger on him.

He's big, fast, and has attitude.

Feels like Xmas for the offense. Can't wait to see all these guys work into the system.

This guy has 'BUST' written all over him. ONE season w/ good numbers and people are falling all over him. Add him to Malcom "Oh my knees!" Kelly and a TE we didn't really need and the Redskins Day 1 Draft was a FARCE.

I'll gladly cheer for him if he turns into exactly what we needed and proves himself. Until then, it looks to me like this pick is full of 'massive fail'.

We added two of this year's bester WRs. Thats a very, very promising ordeal.

His quotes were kinda bland, because every rookie says something like "I'm just going to do my best." Which is kind of odd, since Athletes are stereotypically extremely ****y.

This guy has 'BUST' written all over him. ONE season w/ good numbers and people are falling all over him. Add him to Malcom "Oh my knees!" Kelly and a TE we didn't really need and the Redskins Day 1 Draft was a FARCE.

I'll gladly cheer for him if he turns into exactly what we needed and proves himself. Until then, it looks to me like this pick is full of 'massive fail'.

I think your attitude is a massinve fail. Hail Skins and the monster Offense we are gonna have for years to come thanks to the smart drafting we did today!

Have you really seen him play? I'm not trying to call you out, just asking a question. Because I've seen a lot of him and I have to say, even though he did only have one good year in college, he was outstanding and was flat out dominant at times.

Sometimes guys just don't get the chance to show what they have until later in their college careers. Can't fault them for it. He transferred from CC and usually coaches are hesitant to play those guys their first year playing for a D1 team. There are plenty of successful players in the NFL today that didn't really have outstanding four-year careers. Steve Smith and Chad Johnson come to mind.

I definitely like this guy. I feel Kelly has that "bust" sign hanging around him. I would have rather wanted Sweed, but the coaches seemed to like Kelly a lot.

Thomas though seems to have that ****yness and abilitiy to learn fast. I think overall this team is trying to set up for a long-term future. Moss and Randle El are close to 30, if not already. Cooley is still pretty young, but if Fred Davis turns out to be as good as he was drafted, then that will definitely make Cooley's job much easier.

I'm just hoping I can see a corps of Thomas, Kelly, Cooley, and Davis, throwing in Mix, for a long while to come.

It should be interesting to see how these two receivers play out. I really like both receivers. I am sure that the TE is decent pick, but to me it seems like a luxury. I would have liked to have seen the DL addressed with that pick. I like the wideout choices and one of them should pan out.

Archived