Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proof that Bill Belichick is a cheater from Wikipedia!

michael_33

Bill's resume as Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns

-----------------------------------------------------

From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36-44 record, leading the team to its most recent playoff game win in 1994. Based on his performance, many fans in Cleveland think of him as an uncommunicative, dictatorial and arrogant coach who made many questionable moves, including benching and then cutting much-beloved quarterback Bernie Kosar in 1993 in order to replace him with Vinny Testaverde, a move that sparked great controversy in the area. In Belichick's last season in Cleveland the Browns finished 5-11. In November of that year Browns owner Art Modell announced he would move the team to Baltimore after the season. Belichick was fired early in February 1996.[1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New England Patriots

Bill Belichick was named New England Patriots head coach in 2000, succeeding Pete Carroll.

2000 season

The Patriots went 5-11 in the regular season and missed the playoffs. To date, this is Bill Belichick's only losing season with the Patriots.

2001 season

The Patriots went 11-5 in the regular season, and defeated the Oakland Raiders and Pittsburgh Steelers on the way to the Super Bowl. In Super Bowl XXXVI, Belichick's defense held the St. Louis Rams' offense, which had averaged 31 points during the season, to 17 points, and the Patriots won on a last second field goal by Adam Vinateri. The win was the first Super Bowl championship in Patriots history.Strange coinsidences(Matt Walsh, a Patriots video assistant in 2001 who was fired after the team's 2002 season)

On February 2, 2008, the day before the Patriots' appearance in Super Bowl XLII, the Boston Herald reported, citing an unnamed source, that a member of the Patriots video staff videotaped the St. Louis Rams' Saturday walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI at the Louisiana Superdome[7], an accusation denied by the Patriots later that day.[35] The NFL conducted interviews with Belichick and other members of the Patriots before and after Super Bowl XLII regarding the accusation, and found no evidence to substantiate the Super Bowl XXXVI allegations or any other transgressions beside those the NFL had already penalized the Patriots for.[36]

Matt Walsh, a former Patriots video assistant who was with the team in 2001 as a video assistant and was fired after the 2002 season, which he spent as a scouting assistant, also indicated before Super Bowl XLII that he had information regarding the Patriots' actions but had not yet divulged it: "If I had a reason to want to go public or tell a story, I could have done it before this even broke," he said. "I could have said everything rather than having [New York Jets head coach Eric] Mangini be the one to bring it out."[37] Walsh claimed he was bound by a confidentiality agreement he signed with the Patriots,[38] but the Patriots denied that such an arrangement existed.[39] On March 9, 2008, the NFL announced that they were close to a deal with Walsh and his attorney that would indemnify Walsh against any legal or financial damages if NFL investigators were to interview him.[40] By the start of the NFL's owners meetings on March 31, 2008, with the NFL not having yet reached any agreement with Walsh, Patriots owner Robert Kraft said the "damaging allegation made by a newspaper" was something that he believed "never happened."[41] Kraft added that Walsh, who he did not remember from his time with the Patriots, never signed any confidentiality statement with the team.[41]

On February 15, 2008, former Rams safety Willie Gary filed a $100 million lawsuit in a New Orleans, Louisiana United States district court against the Patriots, Belichick, and Kraft seeking compensation for the Rams' Super Bowl XXXVI loss in light of the allegations.[42] The lawsuit was withdrawn on March 10, 2008, after Gary's lawyers called securing testimony from Walsh regarding his possible knowledge of the allegation an "exercise in futility."[43]

On April 23, 2008, the NFL announced they had reached an indemnity agreement with Walsh and had arranged a May 13, 2008 meeting between Walsh and Goodell.[9] Under the terms of the deal, Walsh will be required to share any information he may have in regards to the Patriots' activities during Walsh's employment with the team from 1997 until 2003,[9] while also turning over any tapes and other items in his possession to the NFL by a May 8, 2008 deadline.[44] The Patriots and the NFL promised not to sue Walsh and also agreed to indemnify Walsh for any legal expenses involved with the interview process.[9]

I sure hope goodell isn't meeting privately with walsh!That would be just stupid...I don't trust him either!(better be attorneys there)

Why would Walsh go through all this, for just publicity and angry about being fired with a wife and kids?

I think he has the goods on good ole' Bill and that whole organization and is just trying to proect himself and his family!(which is smart and I would do the same thing)

I only hope this material is made public and the truth is not kept from us!I also think Bill Belichich should be fired and Banned from football forever...

I also think Robert Kraft(owner) should bare some responisibility as well!

You think Dan Snyder wouldn't know if this crap wasn't going?Ya....Right :doh:

I think Bill Belechick is a cheater and I think at the Minimum...their Superbowl against the Rams xxxvi should be stripped from them,but it won't be! :doh:

There should also be a HALL of SHAME....and Bill's statue should be at the entrance door before you walk into the building!

Jerry jones is also trying everything he can to be inducted there as well...lol :silly:

What can they really do though to him? Strip the SB titles?

Sure, if they also want to strip Shula's perfect season and SB title because he was a willing party to tampering.

No small matter -- the Dolphins lost a draft pick over that flap.

Sure, if they also want to strip Shula's perfect season and SB title because he was a willing party to tampering.

No small matter -- the Dolphins lost a draft pick over that flap.

I dont recall ever seeing anything about Shula cheating. Im not saying it isnt true but I dont recall ever seeing that.

I dont recall ever seeing anything about Shula cheating. Im not saying it isnt true but I dont recall ever seeing that.

Well, Shula signed on with the Dolphins while either under contract, or in contract negotiations, (forget which) with the Colts.

That's a great big no-no. Aside from being shady, it confers multiple obvious disadvantages to the team who doesn't get him.

Obviously, the Miami organization approached him before he was their employee. That's what started the whole thing. But also obviously, he was a willing participant. And as I recall, both of them were targets of the NFL's investigation. Of course, at that point it was easy because they were all part of the same organization.

It wasn't cheating on the field, but in my book messing around with another team's coaching negotiations is every bit as serious. The NFL seems to have felt similarly.

The NFL awarded the Dolphin's 1st round pick to the Colts in the Shula fiasco.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-11-07-2430459247_x.htm

I'm pretty sure I've heard from several sources including the NFL itself that the spygate 1st rounder was the harshest penalty ever. I guess we were lied to again, as taking the pick and giving it to someone else seems worse.

Archived