Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

examiner.com: Portis ready to make some noise - JOSH PORTIS

slinky

clinton's got a cousin at UMD?

didnt know that

Portis ready to make some noise

BALTIMORE (Map, News) - Maryland fans have heard so much about quarterback Josh Portis and seen so little of him, he’s become football’s version of Keyser Söze.

Portis wants you to scramble for the rewind button.

“With me in this yellow jersey, I can’t do what I can do,” said Portis, cousin of Redskins running back Clinton Portis.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1339104~Portis_ready_to_make_some_noise.html

Here's a little bit of Bio on Josh Portis, for those of you who don't know him.

Josh was a 4 star recruit for Florida a few years back, but transfered after his first year, where he only saw limited action at running back. After redshirting his sophomore year at Maryland, which he had to sit out anyway due to NCAA transferring rules, he was in a 3 way battle for the Terp's starting QB last year. Ralph wanted Portis to start due to his scrambling ability, but he had trouble grasping the complicated offense. He would of ended up replacing Steffy (instead of Turner) after Steffy's injury, however, he was suspended for the entire year after being caught cheating on a quiz. So, here we are a year later with the same three way battle at QB. There's no doubt in my mind that Ralph will go with Portis if he can finally get a handle on his offense. Ralph's offense needs a scrambler in order to be successful.

I specifically remember Portis being interviewed by the Junkies last year and they asked him if Josh was his cousin and he said no, it wasn't. Weird.

Sean Taylor's cousin plays for FSU but he's not really that good.

Well, according to the official UMD website, Josh is a cousin of Clinton Portis: http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/portis_josh00.html

"Personal: Born July 14, 1987 ... mother is Patricia Portis ... cousin of Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis ... "

Well, according to the official UMD website, Josh is a cousin of Clinton Portis: http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/portis_josh00.html

"Personal: Born July 14, 1987 ... mother is Patricia Portis ... cousin of Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis ... "

He is Portis's cousin there was a story on it in the Examiner during football season.

He is Portis's cousin there was a story on it in the Examiner during football season.
I believe it, but like I said, it's weird then. The podcast isn't around anymore since the Junkies overhauled their podcast database on itunes, but it was from sometime last spring and Portis was promoting some charity appearance in D.C., and they were talking Redskins, Jason Campbell taking over at the end of the season, and random football stuff, and the conversation was something very similiar to this:

Junkies (either E.B. or J.P. I'm pretty certain): Now what's the story with Josh Portis, the quarterback who transferred from Florida up here to Maryland? Is it true he's your cousin?

Portis: Nah man....nah he ain't my cousin....nah

And then the Junkies, like myself, were a little surprised since everyone had heard they were cousins.

Maybe Portis was just trying to downplay to keep the spotlight/pressure a little off Josh or something? Like I said, strange, but this is also Clinton Portis we're talking about.

I believe it, but like I said, it's weird then. The podcast isn't around anymore since the Junkies overhauled their podcast database on itunes, but it was from sometime last spring and Portis was promoting some charity appearance in D.C., and they were talking Redskins, Jason Campbell taking over at the end of the season, and random football stuff, and the conversation was something very similiar to this:

Junkies (either E.B. or J.P. I'm pretty certain): Now what's the story with Josh Portis, the quarterback who transferred from Florida up here to Maryland? Is it true he's your cousin?

Portis: Nah man....nah he ain't my cousin....nah

And then the Junkies, like myself, were a little surprised since everyone had heard they were cousins.

Maybe Portis was just trying to downplay to keep the spotlight/pressure a little off Josh or something? Like I said, strange, but this is also Clinton Portis we're talking about.

Yeah who knows? Maybe he was just joking around like he always does.

I specifically remember Portis being interviewed by the Junkies last year and they asked him if Josh was his cousin and he said no, it wasn't. Weird.

Sean Taylor's cousin plays for FSU but he's not really that good.

I'm hearing Leon may be on his way out of FSU...

not sure yet, but he didn't play in the spring game.

I'm hearing Leon may be on his way out of FSU...

not sure yet, but he didn't play in the spring game.

Wouldn't be a loss. He's just not that good. Big athletic kid built kind of like Taylor, but just not football smart. Odd because he was one of the better FS prospects coming out of high school in his draft class (4 star recruit), but star ratings don't always tell the whole story.

Archived