Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Branden Albert Interview at NFLDraftCountdown

[[ghost]]

He sure is an enthusiastic bugger who gets big points in his ability to be a dominate OG and play outside.

Albert sure is one of the fan favorites. I must admit I might be a defensive guy but you can't pass on him. The only problem is he won't be available at 21.

Honestly, the whole "he was a Cowboys fan" thing is overdramatic and a bit silly. He's going to play in the NFL to the best of his ability, regardless of who decides to draft him. I'm pretty sure we have several players on our current roster that grew up as Cowboys fans.

I'm not faulting him for it, but that's his agent talking. In a similar interview weeks ago, he said he's a guard who can play tackle, but prefers guard, is mainly a guard who'd played a little tackle. That obviously doesn't make you a potential top 5 or 10 pick. Like I said, more funny than meant as some rip on the guy, you have to play the recruiting game a little bit, but the change in his answers is night and day. Doesn't take a genius, he stands to make MILLIONS more, and the last thing you'd say, is NO, I'm a guard, ie, pick me 15 spots lower.

Love to get the guy.

Is it really that "over-dramatic and silly?" Obviously he isn't a "high character" guy if he grew up a Cowboys fan . . . lol

All jokes aside though - this guy will probably be gone before we pick . . . and I would not trade up to get him. So rather than focus on him, why not try to find an adequate or at least capable o-linemen in the middle rounds?

But ultimately, like I said with the Roy Williams' threads - do we really want a cowboy fan?

a friggin cowboys fan from VA.... oh dear god i am going to be sick......those are the worst kind.... ahh geeze that just wrecks my draft board. cromarti in the first Jordy in the second, best availible guard, and i like the shmidt kid

Cromartie won't make it to us in the 1st. Jordy isn't worth a 2nd.

i love the sedric ellis kid as well he will be long gone though, dream pick would be Chris Long

I'd rather have Gholston than Long. Long had a phenomenal season last year, but Gholston had plenty of sacks, and man handled Jake Long, this year's top OL prospect. Gholston should transition well into the league. Long's got his motor going for him, but I liked what I saw from Gholston more.

To be honest, Long's Senior highlights remind me a lot of Calais Campbell's junior year. Both produced, and both found the ball a lot.

I'm not faulting him for it, but that's his agent talking. In a similar interview weeks ago, he said he's a guard who can play tackle, but prefers guard, is mainly a guard who'd played a little tackle. That obviously doesn't make you a potential top 5 or 10 pick. Like I said, more funny than meant as some rip on the guy, you have to play the recruiting game a little bit, but the change in his answers is night and day. Doesn't take a genius, he stands to make MILLIONS more, and the last thing you'd say, is NO, I'm a guard, ie, pick me 15 spots lower.

Love to get the guy.

Yeah, I remember hearing him say he prefers playing guard as well. I remember thinking he shouldn't have said that. Looks like someone has clued him in. I wish we could draft him at #21 but he'll probably be long gone.

Honestly, the whole "he was a Cowboys fan" thing is overdramatic and a bit silly. He's going to play in the NFL to the best of his ability, regardless of who decides to draft him. I'm pretty sure we have several players on our current roster that grew up as Cowboys fans.

shawn springs was cuz of his dad, and derrick dockery(obviously he isnt on the current roster, but we drafted him) was cuz he grew up in texas

Archived