Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iraqi oil will pay for the reconstruction

dockeryfan

I had a conversation with a work acquaintance and he was saying that no one ever said that. That it was made up by the democrats and Ron Paul used the quote, and that it wasn't true. I kid you not.

Just to remind everyone of the lie that helped get Bush re-elected. That the oil will pay for it.

Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, speaking to the House Appropriations Committee on March 27, 2003, estimated the figure in the tens of billions of dollars if Iraq's oil fields were not destroyed.

"We're dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon," he said.

"The oil revenues, they're bigger than we thought they would be at this point in time," Bush said.

"I mean, one year after the liberation of Iraq, the revenues of the oil stream is pretty darn significant. One of the things I was concerned about, prior to going into Iraq, was that the oil fields would be destroyed, but they weren't. They're now up and running. And that money is -- it will benefit the Iraqi people. It's their oil, and they'll use it to reconstruct the country."

I had a conversation with a work acquaintance and he was saying that no one ever said that. That it was made up by the democrats and Ron Paul used the quote, and that it wasn't true. I kid you not.

Just to remind everyone of the lie that helped get Bush re-elected. That the oil will pay for it.

But we lose our influence then.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080409/D8VUB9AO3.html

The Dems support it. And so do I. Big Time!!!

The biggest **** up heading into and throughout this war was not WMDs or Insurgents etc. It was the left wing cries about it being "about oil" and the right wing cries and denials.

It SHOULD have been about oil. We SHOULD have taken all of it to pay for the war and as a dividend.

Think we'd be talking about a recession if gas was 1.25 a gallon? Of course not.

It's not to late. Let's take control of it all and give it and the proceeeds from it to the Iraqi leaders that support us and our cause.

The Dems support it. And so do I. Big Time!!!

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democrats plan to push legislation this spring that would force the Iraqi government to spend its own surplus in oil revenues to rebuild the country, sparing U.S. dollars.

I hope this happens.

Archived