Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft X-factor (McFadden)

flock53

omg, are u on crack dis mock draft is a mess. McFadden won't slip to 7. Just horrible. The skins would never draft DeJuan Morgan in the 1st. He's not even worth a 2nd. Maybe the comp pick in the third.

Maybe the Jets at 6 might take McFadden, but the others in front dont need a RB. I'll bet you my crack for yours that Morgan gets drafted way before the end of 3rd rd. Ive seen some mocks going as high as #19 to Philly, #30 to GB and to Pittsburg in 2nd rd.

I agree with you that the Skins will draft defense.

However, Blatche is the DC, after working with the D-line for 4 years.

He has said that he wants an upgrade in the DL addressed in the draft.

Hard to see them going S in the 1st round...even if Kenny Phillips were still available.

Why are people STILL saying that Doughty is supposed to be Taylor's replacement? THEY DO NOT PLAY THE SAME POSITION!

Taylor = Free safety.

Doughty = Strong safety.

LANDRY = FREE SAFETY!

How many times does this have to be said? Doughty did a great job at strong safety, Landry is the second coming of Taylor, so we are FINE. Stop wasting picks.

I agree with you that the Skins will draft defense.

However, Blatche is the DC, after working with the D-line for 4 years.

He has said that he wants an upgrade in the DL addressed in the draft.

Hard to see them going S in the 1st round...even if Kenny Phillips were still available.

If we were drafting in top 10 again, yes we could sit here and ponder what piece of candy to buy, but we're just in the bottom 1/3 of draft. You can address DL, doesnt mean its gonna happen 1st rd. If Albert is gone before us, and if Calais is too (per my prediction) maybe the only thing is top CB at that point defensively. GW was able to hide Reeds' shortcomings for a 4 game period, but hes gone (stupid), and I highly doubt Blatche will be a good D.Cord. I think our D falls off to bottom 1/3 of league.

Why are people STILL saying that Doughty is supposed to be Taylor's replacement? THEY DO NOT PLAY THE SAME POSITION!

Taylor = Free safety.

Doughty = Strong safety.

LANDRY = FREE SAFETY!

How many times does this have to be said? Doughty did a great job at strong safety, Landry is the second coming of Taylor, so we are FINE. Stop wasting picks.

Didnt you read all posts??? Another guy said same thing and my response was, " he isnt replacing Sean persay, but hes the next guy starting" If we hadnt drafted Landry, Reed wouldve been the next SS in a revolving door of late, Stoutmire, AA, Preston P. to name a few.

Greg Blatche is our D Cord... your like... 2 months late.

I think that this mock is ridiculous, but come on.

Unknown doesn't LITERALLY mean that we don't know who he is! It means that he's new, that this is his first time, that there isn't a lot KNOWN about him. Yeesh.

And his name is B-L-A-C-H-E.

Two fouls in one sentence.

aqib talib didn't make the first either, or are my eyes not awake yet? I think we would take him before morgan, and McKelvin after out pick - WOW terrible... we need S help, don't get me wrong, but not a 1st rounder...
Talib to Atlanta in 2nd rd.

I think that this mock is ridiculous, but come on.

Unknown doesn't LITERALLY mean that we don't know who he is! It means that he's new, that this is his first time, that there isn't a lot KNOWN about him. Yeesh.

And his name is B-L-A-C-H-E.

Two fouls in one sentence.

You overeacted the same way when I didnt say "literally" Reed was replacing Taylor;)

I will agree this safety class is bad, with that being said, isnt it logical that the top 2-3 candidates get picked a little prematurely because theres is no depth. Instead of missing out on any talent, take the best guy knowing he will be taken before the given team comes back in next rd?

I think we could draft Quintin Demps in the 6th to groom, and possibly replace Landry @ FS, and move Landry back to SS...

Although I do think Landry is a natural "S" and can play either. Doughty did prove capable in the SS position. depth is never a bad thing

]']This Rivals DraftTek for worst mock draft ever.

I think you beat him by a nose hair' date=' but seriously, your m ock draft blows.[/quote']

Its OK to have your opinion. But not to elaberate or have your own mock to compare to mine. I was your age once and thought I knew EVERTHING, you will too. At #21 comes down to 3 players actually. Albert, Calais, or Morgan are targeted here. Your probably a WR guy right? Sweed, Thomas?? Its funny reading all you 18 yr olds say this or that sucks, and leave it at that w/out embarking in an intellectual debate.

Yeah now I see the Lameas Sweed/ Branden Albert at the bottom. As deep as WR class is.:doh: He isnt no Roy Williams. Actually read the bottom of my original post. I HATE this position at 21. Trade it w/ next yrs #1 for Peppers and a pick, their 3rd this yr or 2nd next. This would have to be done prior, so Carolina could package and move up this year AND next if desired. This wouldnt be as appealling done after they pick.

Its OK to have your opinion. But not to elaberate or have your own mock to compare to mine. I was your age once and thought I knew EVERTHING, you will too. At #21 comes down to 3 players actually. Albert, Calais, or Morgan are targeted here. Your probably a WR guy right? Sweed, Thomas?? Its funny reading all you 18 yr olds say this or that sucks, and leave it at that w/out embarking in an intellectual debate.

Yeah now I see the Lameas Sweed/ Branden Albert at the bottom. As deep as WR class is.:doh: He isnt no Roy Williams. Actually read the bottom of my original post. I HATE this position at 21. Trade it w/ next yrs #1 for Peppers and a pick, their 3rd this yr or 2nd next. This would have to be done prior, so Carolina could package and move up this year AND next if desired. This wouldnt be as appealling done after they pick.

Stop holding people's age against them. It's ridiculous and inmature. There is no way we pick Morgan at 21. He is just not talented or experienced enough.

Whos says hes strictly a FS, he played both as well as CB. And who says Landry cant go back to SS, you know the pos. before Seans death. its OK your 19 yrs old, I understand.

This post here made me invalidate everything you said.

Besides drafting a Safety we could get in the second with a first round pick.

Didnt you read all posts??? Another guy said same thing and my response was, " he isnt replacing Sean persay, but hes the next guy starting" If we hadnt drafted Landry, Reed wouldve been the next SS in a revolving door of late, Stoutmire, AA, Preston P. to name a few.

Who's Preston P?

If you want to engage in an "intellectual debate" that precludes 18 and 19 year olds, at least don't embarass yourself by getting names such as "Pierson Prioleau" wrong.

If we were drafting in top 10 again, yes we could sit here and ponder what piece of candy to buy, but we're just in the bottom 1/3 of draft. You can address DL, doesnt mean its gonna happen 1st rd. If Albert is gone before us, and if Calais is too (per my prediction) maybe the only thing is top CB at that point defensively. GW was able to hide Reeds' shortcomings for a 4 game period, but hes gone (stupid), and I highly doubt Blatche will be a good D.Cord. I think our D falls off to bottom 1/3 of league.

You doubt Blatche will be a good D coordinator? Oh, I forgot, are we ignoring the fact that he had stellar defenses in Chicago and built that Defense from the ground up?

Cause if we are, then yes, he is a terrible D coordinator.

WTF?!? I hadn't even heard of DaJuan Morgan. I looked up his scouting report:

Weaknesses:

Could stand to bulk up a bit...Only started one year in college...Very raw and he is still learning the position...A marginal tackler who too often goes for the knockout blow...Overconfident at times and is bordering on ****y...Will let his emotions get the best of him...He does not always play to his measurables...Health / Durability?

Predicted Round: 2 or 3

Are you kidding me? I hadn't even seen him in many mocks going in the 1st round at all. You want to take him at #21.

Safety isn't even close to being a top need.

1. DE (haven't addressed through draft in 11 years with Philip Daniels at 35 years old)

2. WR (need a big, reliable receiver to complement speedy Moss and ARE and provide another threat even if Mix could step up - still ?)

3. OG (all guards on roster are over 30 years old with starters having durability concerns)

4. CB (Springs aging and big contract, Smoot has had nagging injuries last few years, Rogers recovering from serious knee injury)

5. LB (Fletcher and Washington getting up in age, Blades could replace Fletcher eventually but not much OLB depth, McIntosh recovering from serious knee injury)

6. S (Depth concerns with only Landry, Doughty, and Fox on roster with some limited experience as well)

I would be disappointed if we spent a draft pick on a safety before round 5.

Edit: You could probably also add other positions like DT or other OL depth as more need than safety where we have 3 younger solid guys for the future.

Archived