Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Gus the Vikings trust - sign Frerotte

DWinzit

QB Frerotte Agrees To Terms With Vikings

John Clayton, ESPN - [Full Article]

The Minnesota Vikings have reached an agreement in principle with QB Gus Frerotte. "The thing is if you watch tape of Gus in St. Louis, you can still see that he can still fling the football and make all the spot throws," HC Brad Childress said. "I talked to Scott Linehan about why he was cut by the Rams, and he told me that [offensive coordinator] Al Saunders wanted Trent Green as a backup because he knew his system, but Scott thought Gus can still play. You can see that he can by watching the film." Frerotte's deal will be for more than a year, but it won't be completed until after the NFL owners meeting break.

As horrible as Jackson is, I'm pretty much 100% sure that he will be seeing some playing time this year.

BTW, I also liked him when he was here. He seemed to be someone who would be our QB for a long time(not necessarily a great one though). I remember when I was a little kid I used to love our offense. Frerrote at QB, Henry Ellard and Leslie Shepherd at WR and Terry Allen(bad knees and all). I think we had a pretty good offense that year actually. I think it was the year that, IIRC, we started off 7-1 only to end up 8-8.

It's a shame he decided to bang his friggin' head against the wall to celebrate a TD. Probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen a player do in an NFL game. He was never really the same player after that. Maybe when he hit the wall all the lights turned off in his head. :whoknows:

Gus is solid but getting old certainly. Not a bad pickup. Eerily reminiscent of the Brad Johnson signing. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him starting at some point this year.

Archived