Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

framing jerseys

skinslove<3

so i have quite a few jerseys that i need to get framed. i really dont feel comfortable shipping my signed jerseys away to somewhere to have it done, but more than likely i am going to have to.

do you all have any suggestions for a place that will do this? do you happen to know if you can do this yourself? do the places tack the jerseys down or glue them on the mat?

any advice, thoughts or suggestions would be amazing!

HTTR!!!:point2sky

(mods-if this is in the wrong spot, please move..sorry!)

so i have quite a few jerseys that i need to get framed. i really dont feel comfortable shipping my signed jerseys away to somewhere to have it done, but more than likely i am going to have to.

do you all have any suggestions for a place that will do this? do you happen to know if you can do this yourself? do the places tack the jerseys down or glue them on the mat?

any advice, thoughts or suggestions would be amazing!

HTTR!!!:point2sky

(mods-if this is in the wrong spot, please move..sorry!)

The framers either tack them down or sew them down (if they say glue run for the hills).

The store that has the signings I go to in Fredericksburg has some really nice display boxes with the Redskins logo on them. If you don't mind driving to that, I would recommend them (I don't know NOVA that well).

I also have a couple I went to Michaels and purchased their jersey shadow boxes. They are cheaper and look ok.

To do it right, it's gonna cost some money.

I think brikem05 above has the right idea...

My wife is a textile conservator, which means she mounts very aged textiles in museum quality displays. I've talked about this with her in the past. She says the way it should be done is in a clear box of some sort, and not pressed or squeezed or glued or nailed to anything. The jersey should "float" inside the box without creases or stress, she says.

To do it right, it's gonna cost some money.

I think brikem05 above has the right idea...

My wife is a textile conservator, which means she mounts very aged textiles in museum quality displays. I've talked about this with her in the past. She says the way it should be done is in a clear box of some sort, and not pressed or squeezed or glued or nailed to anything. The jersey should "float" inside the box without creases or stress, she says.

wow, this is more serious than i thought.

Michaels's does it..although If I remenber correctly they charge an arm and a leg

yeah, thats the problem, i have quite a few that i need to have done, i dont want to spend $5000 to get them all framed you know?

i gotta figure something out. i dont like them hanging in my closet. i want them on display!

yeah, thats the problem, i have quite a few that i need to have done, i dont want to spend $5000 to get them all framed you know?

i gotta figure something out. i dont like them hanging in my closet. i want them on display!

I was just in the store in Fredericksburg I told you about. They have the shadow boxes where you can just hang the jersey in there like Mark was talking about... with the Redskins logo on the lower corner of the glass. They charge 159.99. The website is: www.leaderinsports.com

Michaels's does it..although If I remenber correctly they charge an arm and a leg

They want organs too apparently.

My Michaels's quoted me somewhere between $500-$800 to frame one jersey. Insane. It's why we still haven't framed ours. I've seen some that people have done theirselves and they don't look so good to be honest.

Yes, that is the same one in Fredericksburg and at the same price... without the shipping charge and immediate gratification. Plus, if she has a bunch of jerseys, shipping charges could equal the cost of one of the frames.

But how does one make the jersey "float"?

I think your wife should do this as a side job for Extremeskins members! ;)

Best thing to do then is do them your self (will be cheaper) Do a google search on how to do them. I bet you come up with something. I would probably just start with one at a time. Doing all will at once will cost you a pretty nickle.

You can also go somewhere and tell them your about to get one done but want to know how they do it. Sew them down or do they just hang freely. Good luck. Let us see how they turn out when your done.

Best thing to do then is do them your self (will be cheaper) Do a google search on how to do them. I bet you come up with something. I would probably just start with one at a time. Doing all will at once will cost you a pretty nickle.

You can also go somewhere and tell them your about to get one done but want to know how they do it. Sew them down or do they just hang freely. Good luck. Let us see how they turn out when your done.

thank you. ill be sure to let you all know what i decide to do.

I think putting it on a hanger in a shadowbox is probably your cheapest, easiest and "best" way to frame the jersey. It would be better for the jersey too bc of no stapling, sewing, gluing, etc.

i saw this at a shop. my thing is, i am never going to wear them again. i dont wear signed jerseys or anthing out...so having it just hang there and have air and stuff get to it, i just dont really have a good feeling about it. :whoknows:

But how does one make the jersey "float"?

I think your wife should do this as a side job for Extremeskins members! ;)

I'm not exactly sure how to make it float or appear to float.

I do think it would be cool to somewhat mass-produce these cases though, somehow. If we could just get a design down. I know the cases they use in the museum are hard poly cases and they're cusomized for whatever they're holding. That's actually done by contractors. Then the museum people install the piece in there somehow. Then the box is sealed with screws.

I'm not exactly sure how to make it float or appear to float.

I do think it would be cool to mass-market these cases though, somehow. If we could just get a design down. I know the cases they use in the museum are hard poly cases and they're cusomized for whatever they're holding. That's actually done by contractors. Then the museum people install the piece in there somehow. Then the box is sealed with screws.

They are already mass marketed in alot of collectible shops. The display case has a hanger built into it, so the jersey can "float" on the hanger but still be protected. That is the exact thing they have at the store I suggested.

Archived