Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

framing jerseys

skinslove<3

He will mail it to you. I go home all the time so it is no big deal for me. He is a local artist I own a lot of his work since it reminds me of home.

Definately looks like he has alot of cool artwork. Just out of curiousity, how much does he charge to frame a jersey, and can you post pics on here?

I can have Skinslove post the pic for me I post from my phone so I can not attach photos. A few years ago when I had mine done it was $180 The one I had done is an authentic that was given to me from a player who is a friend of mine. So the jersey is huge. They createda shadow box frame and matted it. My friend liked it so much he sent then a jersey to do then when he was traded they framed another jersey and also a few others done by him. They did an amazing job.

They also took some old redskin football cards we had from the 60's, 70's, and 80's and framed them in two sets. One set is offense and they placed the players as the line up in their positions they then did the same for the defense. It looks awesome too!

I can have Skinslove post the pic for me I post from my phone so I can not attach photos. A few years ago when I had mine done it was $180 The one I had done is an authentic that was given to me from a player who is a friend of mine. So the jersey is huge. They createda shadow box frame and matted it. My friend liked it so much he sent then a jersey to do then when he was traded they framed another jersey and also a few others done by him. They did an amazing job.

if you want, go ahead send em to me. i can post them now if needed.

You could probably find the pics in an old thread about Redskin rooms otherwise I will have to send them to you in the morning as it is on my work computer. I would go take a pic with my phone but they are packed in my storage unit from where I was going to put my house up for sale.

Nameplates for a jersey? I think halter might there was a thread on those is the classifieds awhile back.

I have an autographed ST jersey hanging in my rec room that was framed at Kathy's Frames in the Kentlands in Gaithersburg, MD. There is also a sports store in the same building that Merryl Lynch is in on 1850 K Street, NW that does very nice framing, I'm not sure how much they charge.

Me. :)

:applause:

I have an autographed ST jersey hanging in my rec room that was framed at Kathy's Frames in the Kentlands in Gaithersburg, MD. There is also a sports store in the same building that Merryl Lynch is in on 1850 K Street, NW that does very nice framing, I'm not sure how much they charge.

thanks, ill have to look into them.

Make sure you update this once you find the best deal for you... obviously, several people have the same question.

of course i will....i am going to do some research and ill let people know whats up.

i wish there was some place that could do a massive group deal.

of course i will....i am going to do some research and ill let people know whats up.

i wish there was some place that could do a massive group deal.

Did you call the Card Cellar in Fredericksburg. Bart is the owner and has always done deals with me on bigger purchases (but I haven't done the shadow boxes).

Jim Booth is $300. I got the price mixed up with some other items I had done. It has been so long ago it is hard to keep track. Esp since I own 10 to 15 of his prints all framed. I am driving home tomorrow and I am taking him a bunch of ST items I have to be framed. I will let you know how that goes. Not sure what we are going to do yet as I have the game tickets, gloves, towels, pics etc.

Jim Booth is $300. I got the price mixed up with some other items I had done. It has been so long ago it is hard to keep track. Esp since I own 10 to 15 of his prints all framed. I am driving home tomorrow and I am taking him a bunch of ST items I have to be framed. I will let you know how that goes. Not sure what we are going to do yet as I have the game tickets, gloves, towels, pics etc.

How many framed items do you have... and do you have room to display them all?

i was wondering this same thing, but i cant even find a ST authentic. i still have the 4 tickets from the Bears game that have ST on them and the parking pass. i wanted to frame my stuff as well. thanks for the post everyone cause you helped me also. now if i can find that damn authentic(one thats not fake)

To do it right, it's gonna cost some money.

I think brikem05 above has the right idea...

My wife is a textile conservator, which means she mounts very aged textiles in museum quality displays. I've talked about this with her in the past. She says the way it should be done is in a clear box of some sort, and not pressed or squeezed or glued or nailed to anything. The jersey should "float" inside the box without creases or stress, she says.

That's essentially what I have for my signed Riggo. A premade shadow box with a Skins logo on it. Inside it, it has a clear acrlyc rod which the jersey hangs on and then sits on a hanger. It does a good job.

There was a place here in Arlington who does framing. It is called KH Art. They are on the corner of Glebe Rd. and Lee Hwy. If you call them, you can ask whether or not they glue things. I got my brother in law's steelers jersey framed there and I believe it was about 90 bucks. They did a really great job on it. I also had jersey framed for my uncle. I don't know their number,but it is in the yellow pages.

That's essentially what I have for my signed Riggo. A premade shadow box with a Skins logo on it. Inside it, it has a clear acrlyc rod which the jersey hangs on and then sits on a hanger. It does a good job.

Yeah those premade boxes run about 250. They are pretty big bucks. Don't get me wrong, they are nice, but you will pay for them.

Archived