Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fedex field question

zztrainv2

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205977

Obstructed View* - this phrase is printed on each obstructed view ticket, in the lower left corner above the large burgundy and gold number. It means a large portion of the field will be blocked. You will have a goal post blocked at best, and at worst have the 50 yard line blocked. There is a large variance of views within this category. Some views show 80% of the field. Some views show less than 50% of the field. The 2006 face value is $29, plus 10% tax.

Limited View* - this phrase is printed on each limited view ticket, in the lower left corner above the large burgundy and gold number. It means it's possible a corner of the endzone may be blocked by a pillar. You should be able to see two goal posts and have a clear view between them. This phrase also automatically applies to any ticket above Row 18 that is not Obstructed View because of the oppressive overhang and inadequate incline. The 2006 face value is $54, plus 10% tax.

Paging "Mark the Homer".......paging "Mark the Homer".....you are wanted in the lobby to discuss Fedex seating and tickets!

You really should do a search....this question has been answered in detail in multiple threads over the past couple years.

Quick answer.....Section 200 seats starting about row 13 on the visitors side....limited view means you may have an overhang....obstructed view..... Danger.....Danger.....Danger.....Will Robinson! :D

This "search feature doesn't work" excuse is really getting tired. How come it ALWAYS works for me. I came up with two or three possible threads on three different word combinations. Sure ....it's not as good as a Google Search which any of us can do also. .Guy even made it super easy for everyone with the sticky at the top of the page to do a Google Search on the message board.

:soapbox:

"This "search feature doesn't work" excuse is really getting tired."

Im not going to get into an "online confrontation" with you. I said that I attempted to use the search function but only got a blank page. You think that I made it up? really? I am going to be purchasing season tickets (2nd hand) so i wanted information on fedex field from the board.

Here's a view from what I believe are the very best of the fully obstructed seats which have a face value of $29. Section 221, row 21 seats 9-12. IMO, the obstructed seating goes down in quality as you move further away from midfield, but for a $29 admission fee you can't beat the price. The limited view seats are a little better, but there face value is $54.

Edit: The board won't let repost a pic a second time so you'll have to see the obstructed seating pics on page 2 of this thread.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241796&page=2&pp=15

My face is actually turning red here...

Here's a view from what I believe are the very best of the fully obstructed seats which have a face value of $29. Section 221, row 21 seats 9-12. IMO, the obstructed seating goes down in quality as you move further away from midfield, but for a $29 admission fee you can't beat the price. The limited view seats are a little better, but there face value is $54.

Edit: The board won't let repost a pic a second time so you'll have to see the obstructed seating pics on page 2 of this thread.

Haha... yeah the 50 isn't important. All the scoring is done on the two ends!

If you need to repost a pic, you can use paint to image\stretch/skew the pic from 100 to 99%, rename, save, upload, post. :)

I just want to say. I have been a member of ES since 2005 but barely ever got on because it looked to confusing to me and I was using myspace Redskins message board. But I have been more informed and more involved in topics here than i could have imagined. ES is wonderful. I am so glad I switched over. I look forward to learning more and more and hopefully meeting some of you this season.

So thanks to all the ES members!

HAIL!

I think it depends on what part of the field you are OK with being obstructed. If your seats are closer to midfield, you will have an obstruction more in the middle of the field but a clear view of both end zones. Mine are near the end zone line and I have a view of the entire field, but have the corner of the far end zone blocked because of the angle that I'm looking through pillars (wish I had a pic on me but I don't). My advice would be if you're going to buy them, be sure to go to the stadium and check them out first. Don't go by seat data, and don't go by word of mouth. Views can change drastically within the same section.

I think it depends on what part of the field you are OK with being obstructed. If your seats are closer to midfield, you will have an obstruction more in the middle of the field but a clear view of both end zones. Mine are near the end zone line and I have a view of the entire field, but have the corner of the far end zone blocked because of the angle that I'm looking through pillars (wish I had a pic on me but I don't). My advice would be if you're going to buy them, be sure to go to the stadium and check them out first. Don't go by seat data, and don't go by word of mouth. Views can change drastically within the same section.

Much agreed. The seats near the beginning and end of the rows in the back of 221 and 222 can lose an entire endzone, that's why I chose the middle of my row. I really wanted clear endzone views. The Kangaroo TV has made it all the better. The overhead monitors are ok, but the tv view is from the other side. Empty seating in the TD Club is the best part of the Cave seating.

I was one of the fortunate ones who went out to FedEx in May of 2004 as the Cave was being installed. They only had two sections available for public viewing at the time and they happened to be 221 and 222. In 2004, all of the Cave seats were the same price as the nonobstructed GA seats. The people who really got screwed were the ones who moved down voluntarily w/out inspecting the seats fisrt. Those people got stuck w/the least desireable seats that no one else who had seen the Cave wanted at that point.

Much agreed. The seats near the beginning and end of the rows in the back of 221 and 222 can lose an entire endzone, that's why I chose the middle of my row. I really wanted clear endzone views. The Kangaroo TV has made it all the better. The overhead monitors are ok, but the tv view is from the other side. Empty seating in the TD Club is the best part of the Cave seating.

I was one of the fortunate ones who went out to FedEx in May of 2004 as the Cave was being installed. They only had two sections available for public viewing at the time and they happened to be 221 and 222. In 2004, all of the Cave seats were the same price as the nonobstructed GA seats. The people who really got screwed were the ones who moved down voluntarily w/out inspecting the seats fisrt. Those people got stuck w/the least desireable seats that no one else who had seen the Cave wanted at that point.

Sure it wasn't June? We probably eye balled each other in the lobby because I was there too, that very first day, the same day I got the letter. Thing is, my seats were in 435 (a mid corner), so the best they could do is put me in 226 (sidelines, goaline). They wouldn't give me 225 or any other section closer to the 50.

The other problem was, since there were no seats installed yet in 226 - and since they wouldn't let me choose one in 221, I couldn't choose my physical seat, I had to choose from a verbal description of the seat and view, which turned out to be wrong - and certainly not worth the $69 I was charged at the time. I was not happy.

I even wrote a little diddy about it (sing to the tune of Born on the Bayou by CCR):

Oh, when I was just a little boy

I sat onto my daddy's knee

My papa said "Son, don't let the Dan get ya,

an do what he done to me"

Cuz he'll getcha

Cuz he'll getcha now now

I can remember the third of July

Runnin' up the FedEx Way

I can still hear those big lips flappin'

"Hey, you'll see both goalposts fine"

But it was a goddamn lie

Sold me a bad view

Charged me thirteen ninety two

Sold me a bad view

Lord, Lord...

Anyways, since the price dropped a couple years later to $32, my seats are okay. From row 16, I can see the whole field except for the far right goal post area and the rest of that corner of the field. I guess I can see about 75%-85%% of the field, depending on which seat.

DLSF can comment better - she sat in them for three years.

Anyways, since the price dropped a couple years later to $32, my seats are okay. From row 16, I can see the whole field except for the far right goal post area and the rest of that corner of the field. I guess I can see about 75%-85%% of the field, depending on which seat.

Just as another point of reference for those considering, I sit in Section 218 (around the 5-10 yard line) row 22 on the aisle (towards the 50, not end zone) and aside from the overhang obstruction I lose about 30% of the far end zone. It's only made me miss 1 play in 2 years. And the seats are $29. Can't beat it for my money.

Sure it wasn't June? We probably eye balled each other in the lobby because I was there too, that very first day, the same day I got the letter. Thing is, my seats were in 435 (a mid corner), so the best they could do is put me in 226 (sidelines, goaline). They wouldn't give me 225 or any other section closer to the 50.

You're quite the wordsmith Mr. Homer. Wonder if Fogerty is a Skins fan.

Looking at my letter from the TO dated May, 2004 (no actual date) Mr. Jeffrey Ritter states that 3000 new seats will be added in the lower level.

Some highlights are:

"Congratulations! You are one of a select group with a limited-time opportunity to upgrade to the new lower level seats located in the 200 Level between rows 16 and 23."

I guess I was selected b/c I had been on the relocation request list to move to the LL, if such a list ever really existed. Perhaps they wanted my seats in 401 out of the GA pool.

"Prices for these tickets are discounted $100 off the lower level 2004 season ticket price (regularly $790 per season)"

I thought they were the same price. My bad.

"Future season relocations are FIRST offered to customers already in the lower level"

They did offer me GA relocation in 2006 to section 118, but I didn't like the aisle seats right on the stairs.

"This is an upgrade offer only. To take advantage of this offer, you will have to relinguish an equal number of upper bowl season tickets as designated by the Washington Redskins"

LOL! This was right after Gibbs returned and ticket demand was high. Now they're more than happy to sell you Cave seats along w/your ULs.

Archived