Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dorsey - What Would Skins Give Up?

Reaganaut

Going off of Cerratto's comments that he is focused on getting a DT that can collapse a pocket, there don't seem to be any candidates as bright as Glenn Dorsey from LSU. I am guessing first round picks from this year and next year with a third rounder thrown in. I am not looking at the merits of doing this as opposed to picking up another DT prospect. Just interested in what it'd cost to move up and take him and the value of doing it as opposed to keeping all our draft picks in order with no trades.

(I'd appreciate it in advance if I don't get to hear how big of an idiot you think I am, it's just a question... thanks!) :D

To move into the top five...this year's 1st, next year's 1st and 3rd. That could do it, though I'm not sure that's enough. I believe that's what we gave the Broncos to get the Jason Cambell pick, which was in the 20s. I could be wrong on that.

We shouldn't make that move, BTW. Trading three players for one, plus a gigantasour cap hit.

I wouldn't mind trading this years 1st and next years 3rd or so for Glenn Dorsey. But I will probably be called an idiot too haha.

HAIL!

People used to get more respect many years ago for asking honest questions, now it's a big competition. Cerratto wants this type of player and I'm just wondering how much it'd cost. Two firsts and a third, especially if we get a compensatory pick would make sense to me, but he has injury issues etc. It would be a pick that really excites the fan base.

To move into the top five...this year's 1st, next year's 1st and 3rd. That could do it, though I'm not sure that's enough. I believe that's what we gave the Broncos to get the Jason Cambell pick, which was in the 20s. I could be wrong on that.

We shouldn't make that move, BTW. Trading three players for one, plus a gigantasour cap hit.

Thanks for not busting the orbs here. The cap hit is offset next year by trading the first round pick I'd think. With injury issues, perhaps the 1:1:3 would get it done. If he was healthy then 1:3:1:4 probably.

We'd have to give up too much to move up and get Dorsey. Honestly, the better plan of action might be to trade down for an early 2nd and early 3rd, draft Kentwan Balmer, lock up Jordy Nelson with the other 2nd since his stock is rising, and grab whatever CB slips to us at the early 3rd.

Going off of Cerratto's comments that he is focused on getting a DT that can collapse a pocket, there don't seem to be any candidates as bright as Glenn Dorsey from LSU. I am guessing first round picks from this year and next year with a third rounder thrown in. I am not looking at the merits of doing this as opposed to picking up another DT prospect. Just interested in what it'd cost to move up and take him and the value of doing it as opposed to keeping all our draft picks in order with no trades.

(I'd appreciate it in advance if I don't get to hear how big of an idiot you think I am, it's just a question... thanks!) :D

That would be nuts! ANd ill advised... IMO.

I am liking this guy...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/dremoore.html

I am really hoping we get him in the 3rd.

This 1st, next 1st, and a 3rd? That is outrageous, especially for an unproven (he hasn't played in the NFL after all) player with a "mystery injury."

You guys really got upset over what we used our draft picks for in the past, and now you would condone that?

You would have to look at the points system and jump ahead of the team who is going to pull the trigger. I honeslty don't see us moving up. But that's just me. Would it be cool to get Dorsey? Sure. If he falls to 21 haha.

Based on the point system assigned to draft picks it would take 2 firsts and a second to move into the 5th pick. There is an article on NFL.com about the cowpukes trying to move into the 5th spot to take Mcfadden and this is what it will cost them based on the point system.

Here's the link

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=B7E06E8725CD6968E5606899DB6F7A13?id=09000d5d807626ab&template=with-video&confirm=true

Don't think this happens. Warpath is reporting that Trevor Law is going to be meeting with the Skins in early April. Sorry can't post the text from that site. Just telling you what the reporter(s) are saying from sources.

the way we are handling FA,im almsot 100% positive that we are not going to be doing anything with our draft picks except use what we got.no moving up.no trading away or anything

We'd have to give up too much to move up and get Dorsey. Honestly, the better plan of action might be to trade down for an early 2nd and early 3rd, draft Kentwan Balmer, lock up Jordy Nelson with the other 2nd since his stock is rising, and grab whatever CB slips to us at the early 3rd.

I'm not sure on the trading down situation... but I just wanted to throw my :2cents: in and say that I like Kentwan Balmer and would especially love to see us get Jordy Nelson. I am excited so far that we haven't gone after any huge FA WR's, and that we are showing confidence in Anthony Mix, and along with that I think Jordy Nelson will be one hell of a WR to mold and have locked up.

Based on the point system assigned to draft picks it would take 2 firsts and a second to move into the 5th pick. There is an article on NFL.com about the cowpukes trying to move into the 5th spot to take Mcfadden and this is what it will cost them based on the point system.

Here's the link

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=B7E06E8725CD6968E5606899DB6F7A13?id=09000d5d807626ab&template=with-video&confirm=true

Thank you so much for answering my question without beating me up. I just wanted to know what it would cost.

Thanks for the input and courtesy. I am in agreement that Dorsey would cost too much with all the depth at defensive line this year. I'd like to see three picks on defensive line this year with two defensive linemen no lower than third round. This will be a good draft I am sure. Dorsey is a stud though and I suspect he is going to be as good as Warren Sapp. Would it be worth the picks to get Warren Sapp I don't know. It's debatable. My best friend says "Yes" if he turns out to be as good as Sapp.

Archived