Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Wants To Install Cameras In Cable Boxes

CowboysNickster

Comcast does have the NFL Network.

Yeah but its part of a tier that you have to pay for.

I'm very close to switching to Direct TV I'm tired of Comcast jacking with my bill then telling me I can't renogiate yet. The only thing they have going for them is the Internet.

Comcast is weird with people's service.....usually if you b*tch enough you'll get what you want.

I get HBO, Showtime, and NFL Network all for the price of regular Digital Cable. I also use their internet...and that pisses me off a LOT more than my TV service. At first some of Comcasts HD Channels had some problems, but everything works fine now and the picture is spectacular.

Poor guy. Just can't wrap your mind around it.

It's a shame we citizens are too stupid and lazy to govern ourselves.

:(

Yeah, you're right. I cant wrap my mind around the stupidity of giving corporations to much power by removing regulations, I cant wrap my mind around the idiocy of expecting the airlines to be in charge of air safety. Because we all know how well they do WITH government oversight. :rolleyes:

Why not just have multi-watcher software like a computer has multi-user setups? When you turn on the tv and program guide you have a "Mom, Dad, General, Kids" option.....this is either bogus or there is something a lot more devious behind the camera talk.

There's a hidden agenda with this. There's no point in having a camera just to see who is in front of the tv. There are many more less-evasive options for parental control. You could have a fingerprint reader on the remote control so you can "log-in" and the viewing settings can be changed accordingly. You could also have a numbered password on the remote to do the same thing.
I agree. Passwords perform the same service without the video intrusion of a camera. TVs already incorporate password controls to block out channels. This is sucker bait and only time will tell how many will allow it.

First they limit file sharing access and now this. Comcast is really pushing the limits on how much a corp should be able to access and control our private lives.

Actually, I'm surprised this idea hasn't come up before. Anyone remember Back to the Future? Video conferencing phones? Caable is probably uniquely positioned to offer that service if they can only find a way to tie them in correctly.

I think at this point that Verizon may be better suited to do so with their fiber optic network.:2cents: Admittedly though, I don't know much about it.

Archived