Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Atheist or Agnostic President?

Stophovr6

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was pondering something just now. A lot has been made about Rev. Wrights tirade, and just now, Obama has come out to condemn what he said. Also, it seems a popular televangelist from Ohio, who supports McCain has made some inflammatory remarks about Islam. Nothing really about Hillary camp but we all know she goes to church and I'm sure she has a spiritual advisor of sorts.

Moving past all that, do you think there is any way the POTUS could ever be Agnositic or dare I say, Atheist? Even if you don't think a candidate really believes in god, as I believe some people felt about Bill Clinton, will it ever be possible for someone to be open about not practicing, not being convinced, or not believing?

I do wholeheartedly believe that the wishes of the drastically underwhelming minority will some day be represented in the White House. It's kind of a trend throughout all of society these days. :)

Dare we to dream. And maybe on that great day when the little man has his voice raised above the cacophony of moral decay we will even see the day when in this great land of ours white christian males will no longer be held down and persecuted... hell, maybe even one of them will hold a major political office. ;)

Dare we to dream. And maybe on that great day when the little man has his voice raised above the cacophony of moral decay we will even see the day when in this great land of ours white christian males will no longer be held down and persecuted... hell, maybe even one of them will hold a major political office. ;)

Seriously, rince. I do think there's a somewhat disturbing trend these days, in which the minority gets to decide what flies and what doesn't.

African-Americans make up 13% of our population, but they absolutely do decide what flies on broadcast stations and what doesn't. Non-Christians make up about 22% of our population, and yet they've totally misconstrued the original intent of the Establishment Clause; so much so that crosses have been removed (albeit temporarily) from CHURCHES. (Wren Chapel.)

Then there's Mt. Soledad, where the overwhelming majority of families want their honored dead to rest under that cross, but the handful of ****ers and moaners are threatnening that.

Meanwhile, Mikey Crackhead gets to say that Romo sits to pee's grandma musta gotten down with slaves or he wouldn't be such a great athlete. He also gets to say that Wes Welker's only so good because the "brothers" can't believe they got beat by a white guy, and then try too hard to get a good hit on him.

Some lucky people get to live in Hymietown and fight for the rights of Tawana Brawley, who was the victim of nothing. And meanwhile, the Panthers storm private property at Duke, implying they're armed, to git whitey, when whitey did NOTHING wrong.

Minority DOES rule in this country. And they've found a way to do it without elections, which to me, is even more frightening.

When white christians *****, brought to you by h_h. :D

Seriously, rince. I do think there's a somewhat disturbing trend these days, in which the minority gets to decide what flies and what doesn't.

African-Americans make up 13% of our population, but they absolutely do decide what flies on broadcast stations and what doesn't. Non-Christians make up about 22% of our population, and yet they've totally misconstrued the original intent of the Establishment Clause; so much so that crosses have been removed (albeit temporarily) from CHURCHES. (Wren Chapel.)

Then there's Mt. Soledad, where the overwhelming majority of families want their honored dead to rest under that cross, but the handful of ****ers and moaners are threatnening that.

Meanwhile, Mikey Crackhead gets to say that Romo sits to pee's grandma musta gotten down with slaves or he wouldn't be such a great athlete. He also gets to say that Wes Welker's only so good because the "brothers" can't believe they got beat by a white guy, and then try too hard to get a good hit on him.

Some lucky people get to live in Hymietown and fight for the rights of Tawana Brawley, who was the victim of nothing. And meanwhile, the Panthers storm private property at Duke, implying they're armed, to git whitey, when whitey did NOTHING wrong.

Minority DOES rule in this country. And they've found a way to do it without elections, which to me, is even more frightening.

Didn't Michael Irvin get fired from ESPN? Oh, and I have no problem with minorities getting to make decisions sometimes - if not for that we would still have segregated bathrooms.

Thomas Jefferson

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.
But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.
I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians.

None of this proves him to be athiest (sp?) or agnostic, but it proves him to be much more skeptical a Christian that the majority of our current crop of politicians.

h_h how many governors have there been in the history of the US? How many have been black? Four... and the 4th got there because a white guy got caught bangin a hooker.

That's just one recent example of minorities in power. If they get to make some decisions it's because they organize and make a great deal of noise... enough to get white politicians interested in popular opinion to help them out a little.

Meanwhile white males dominate every position of power in the government and make damn near every meaningful decision.

Spare me the minority rules argument, it's nonsense.

I can be a convenient scapegoat, or you can refute the fact that vocal minorites quite often get their way in this country.

But then, I've been around long enough to know what to expect. :)

And that's wrong because you're not a part of the minority or why exactly?

Wouldn't that be the measure of a pretty good place? Unless you dislike the minority.

Abortion, minority rules: http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

Illegal immigration, minority rules: http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm

Establishment Clause, minority rules: http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=265

Just a few significant examples. The race things are largely anecdotal, granted, but the ones above are pretty cut and dried, IMO.

I can be a convenient scapegoat, or you can refute the fact that vocal minorites quite often get their way in this country.

But then, I've been around long enough to know what to expect. :)

Vocal groups often get their way in every political system. Anyone willing to organize has more power over things.

Illegal immigration, minority rules: http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm

Establishment Clause, minority rules: http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=265

Just a few significant examples. The race things are largely anecdotal, granted, but the ones above are pretty cut and dried, IMO.

So? There are plenty of times where the majority is just plain wrong. Like Carlin said 'Consider how smart the average American is and then realize that half of them are dumber than that!'

RIGHTS are not about minority or majority. In fact the test of RIGHTS are when the majority does disagree.

As for illegal immigration, money rules not a minority H_H. You can pull the white victim act about it if you want but all the brown people in the world wouldn't keep that border the way it is without the small rarely mentioned fact that AMERICAN BUSINESS favors a more open border.

So long as they agree with your definition of "get their way", which is "they successfully object to you imposing your religion on them".

Archived