Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Re-Sale Warning

Mark The Homer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stub_Hub

StubHub was acquired by eBay in January 2007.[3]

EBay runs StubHub so shouldn't it be OK if tickets are sold on Ebay?

No, because tickets sold on stubhub create 25% of revenue above and beyond the price of the tickets. For ebay, it's only around 6% or so, depending on the listing.

Add another 3% to each site if the seller is paid by paypal (and btw, paypal is also owned by eBay).

If you use the same e-mail on this site that you use as a contact for the Redskins, I would think they could identify you that way, if they really wanted to.
True. But I think the language they use is interesting. Note that they say "Season ticket packages may not be advertised or sold...". Then a couple sentences down they say "Resale of individual tickets for individual games is only permitted...". They leave out the word "advertised." So, technically, it's okay to advertise individual game tickets.

Therefore, if we follow the letter of the rules, we can advertise the tickets on here, then take the conversation to PMs (edit: or better yet, email - see post #29 below) and finish the transaction privately. And as far as the Redskins know, no rule has been broken, because there's no evidence or proof that we found a buyer. :)

The other problem, of course, is the first line in their Terms and Conditions: "The Washington Redskins tickets and parking passes are licenses granted only to ticket holders and may be revoked at any time for any reason." This means we could lose our ticket rights for sneezing. We could lose our ticket rights for not sneezing.

I guess if you're selling tickets on here now, actual sections and seat numbers should be discussed through PMs?
I would think so. If fact, everything should be in PMs. Edit: Or better yet, email. See post #29 below.
This new language is obviously meant to generate business for stub hub. And give the team the right to harass other ticket agencies.
I don't think they'll harass other ticket brokers because the ticket brokers aren't doing anything wrong. It's the Redskins ticket account holders who are breaking the rules. So those are the ones the Redskins would go after, if they chose to.
My opinion is, if you don't like it, don't buy it or use the service.
Yes. I agree. And ironically, that's why this kind of hard-line stance doesn't bother me too much. As RFKFedEx pointed out earlier in the thread, reasonably priced tickets are very easy to find. It's all about the timing. The fact is, it really doesn't matter whether I get my season tickets revoked or not. Come September, I'm parking in the green lot. I'm tailgating. I'll be in the stadium and I'll be sitting in pretty damn good seats for a pretty reasonable price, regardless of whether I have a season ticket account or not.

And with any luck, I'll get my voice back by Thursday. :cheers:

Well - If I ever do sell my tickets I prefer to sell them to someone I kind of know (and somewhat trust) and do cash transactions/barter ..... it's ridiculous how much they take out in percentages - it's those percents that make people list them for more than face value sometimes.

I don't know the exact chain of command between ES and the Redskins, but those of you who are really worried about this may want to consider that PM's on ES just mean your correspondence is private to the PUBLIC.
Good point. I am pretty sure the Redskins own and control the servers for this site.

They do own & control the servers ES is on. But if they really gave a **** about ES, they'd fix the damn search function. That in itself should tell you how of a damn they actually give about anything to do with ES.

They do own & control the servers ES is on. But if they really gave a **** about ES, they'd fix the damn search function. That in itself should tell you how of a damn they actually give about anything to do with ES.

If you'd like, I may be able to help you with this.

If you could PM me the following it would help greatly:

- Server Specs/Stats (specifically memory)

- enable phpinfo public viewing or create a php file with the following and send me the link

<?php
phpinfo();
?> 

- At the very least, the PHP version installed if you don't want to do the previous

- Current max memory allotted towards searching

- Settings for Maximum Search Results to Return (AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Message Searching Options > Maximum Search Results to Return?)

- Minimum chars to search for

- Search type used (Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Search Type)

- Copy of one of the error messages (Allowed memory size of ############ exhausted? blank page? etc)

Thanks homey.

^^ Just was able to replicate it by searching solely for "Taylor"

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /srv/www/htdocs-redskins/forums/search.php on line 843

For a board this big more than 16MB needs to be allocated for searching no doubt.

Do this:

Edit php.ini on the server -- change the 'memory_limit' setting to 32M from the 16M that it's at. After any php.ini update you'll need to restart Apache (assuming that's the webserver being used on the physical server)

You may be able to get temporary relief by editing the includes/config.php in the vbulletin directory as well. Right after the line that starts with <?php (the first line) throw in this lil sweet potato:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);

alright beautiful k?

now if you're on a Linux server edit my.cnf

max_allowed_packet = 16M

if it's windows it'll be my.ini but who does that?

Y'all give that a lil shizzity-shot and see if that doesn't clear up some issues. Don't forget to restart apache after applying the changes to these system files.

Hey tryfuhl,

I am pretty sure the mods don't have access and don't have the right to access the server or the code on the server. Anyways, you might want to move your advice to a new thread in the Feedback and Tech Support forum, or maybe even the Tailgate because it may not be seen here.

And for that reason I suspect that Danny may turn a blind eye to ticket hustling at FedEx.

It looks a lot better to have seats filled when the TO is forever marketing the season ticket waitlist and the so called high demand for all tix.

We already have an empty seat problem in the 400 level as it is, and we sure as hell don't need any less people in the stadium on game days.

I'm not so certain. As it has been stated, the Redskins already have their money for tickets that may be re-sold. But make no mistake, they do still have tickets to sell. By eliminating the re-selling of tickets, they think that the demand from non-season ticket holders takes away from their ability to sell tickets they can't sell such as the outrageous premium seats or even tickets on a game by game basis that are "returned by the opposing team and media".

I'm not so certain. As it has been stated, the Redskins already have their money for tickets that may be re-sold. But make no mistake, they do still have tickets to sell. By eliminating the re-selling of tickets, they think that the demand from non-season ticket holders takes away from their ability to sell tickets they can't sell such as the outrageous premium seats or even tickets on a game by game basis that are "returned by the opposing team and media".

I don't get it?

The TO definitely still has tickets to sell for most games when walkups can easily get lowers at the TO window only minutes b/f a kickoff, regardless of what the TO claims about the tix supposedly being "returned" yati yata.

My point is that Danny could ruthlessly crack down on hustling in the parking lots if he started locking guys up for slingin tix, the way the MPD used to do outside of RFK.

I don't think it's worth it for Danny to pay another 20 security officers for the day, only to curtail the ticket hustling. The 100 or so patrons they'd prevent from getting in to the stadium via parking lot ticket purchases could equal thousands of dollars in potential lost revenue from concessions and merchandise. Not to mention bad PR from season ticket holders who are often happy just to get anything in return for their extra tickets on gameday mornings. You start lockin those people up the local papers would have a field day.

The TO definitely still has tickets to sell for most games when walkups can easily get lowers at the TO window only minutes b/f a kickoff, regardless of what the TO claims about the tix supposedly being "returned" yati yata.
Have you purchased from the window this way before? Is the selection decent? Or are they mostly less desireable LL seats? Curious.

Also, obviously you're going to pay face at the window. Is the deal for similar seats better on the sidewalk?

Thanks.

Have you purchased from the window this way before? Is the selection decent? Or are they mostly less desireable LL seats? Curious.

Also, obviously you're going to pay face at the window. Is the deal for similar seats better on the sidewalk?

Thanks.

Never bought tix at the TO window, b/c I've never needed to w/the cheap seats plentiful on hustler's row. I've read testimonials on here about people who've been able to get lowers at the TO shortly before gametime. People were able to get LL sidelines from the TO a couple of days b/f the Det. game last year.

On several occasions over the past three years, I've bought good, sideline seats for half price and less in the lot. The offers started at face and I talked them down. Paid $120 for a pair in 103 for Jax in '06, $200 for a pair of loge (seats not stools) for SD in '05, $140 for a pair in row two of 342 or 301 (can't remember which), for Philly '07, but that was from a game patron walking up from the Metro.

I never really reap the benefits of these great deals b/c the tix always go to friends at my tailgate. I agree to fish for cheap tix to get them in if they'll commit to a day of tailgating w/me. The selection is plentiful at every game, but I don't even try for Dallas.

I tend to find the awesome seats about every other game that I'm hustling. Most of the time I'm just looking for pairs that are the cheapest available, location doesn't usually matter b/c my people just want to get in. usually pay about 40-50 for a pair of uppers, sometimes less, sometimes more. It all depends on the market that day.

I normally buy about 45 minutes b/f kickoff, then go back to cleanup my tailgate nearby and then head in over by you. I usually make it on time.

Catching up on this but not trying to be a hustler by any means! few years back I purchased club level seats and signed a 10 year contract...now I have kids (lots) so I try and sell them before the season starts, I have them on ebay right now for a lot less that what they are worth. if anyone is interested this is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-CLUB-LEVEL-REDSKINS-TICKETS-FOR-2008-SEASON_W0QQitemZ270221206633QQihZ017QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Catching up on this but not trying to be a hustler by any means! few years back I purchased club level seats and signed a 10 year contract...now I have kids (lots) so I try and sell them before the season starts, I have them on ebay right now for a lot less that what they are worth. if anyone is interested this is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-CLUB-LEVEL-REDSKINS-TICKETS-FOR-2008-SEASON_W0QQitemZ270221206633QQihZ017QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's the trouble w/the premium seats. They're worth a lot less in the open market than what they cost the consumer.

Best of luck though.:)

BTW, it's ok to be a hustler as long as your selling at or below cost.

What's not smiled upon around here is scalping for above face. As you can see, most season tickets are unscalpable.

Why are you not including the orange parking as it seems like you don't go to the games?

oh I am going to the games, I have LL season tickets...my goof (and I will be quite honest) was signing a 10 year contract for tickets (club levels) I cant use :) but I can def use the pass (LOL) My lower levels are 114, 3 rows before the dream seats (aisle seats too), and I can smack the visiting team when they walk buy (LOL)

HAIL!

Archived