Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Combine results for QB,RB,TE,WR,OL,DL,LB,DB and who we should key on!

michael_33

I will mark in red on what special things we should look at or key on for any of these players in this upcoming draft...

You can find this info here....http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/index.htm

AT Sportznutz

Quarterbacks

--------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/quarterbacks.htm

Joe Flacco Delaware 6'6 3/8 236 4.78 28.5" 6.82 9'2" =Has great size and did very well on the cone drill...I know we have many needs right now,but if this guy is available at #51,we need to seriously consider grabbing this guy!If this guy was playing for a BIG money school,he would be a 1st rounder for sure...He still might be... :2cents:

Runningbacks

-------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/running_backs.htm

Chris Johnson East Carolina 5'11 197 4.24 - 35 10'10"=His 40 time and broad jump is just crazy... I'm not sure what round this man is projected in and we shouldn't grab him in any of our 1st 2 rounds regardless...But if this man is available to us in round 3 (specially with our 2 probable 3rd rounders)I would not be upset with this pick at all!Specially if we let Rock go completely... :2cents:

Tight Ends

----------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/tight_ends.htm

Dustin Keller Purdue 6'2 242 4.55 26 38" 4.14 11.74 6.88 10'11"=Not sure what his projection is as our need for TE has been minimal...But if he's floating around in the 5th,6th or 7th round,I wouldn't mind this pick at all!His 40 time and vertical seem to have the skills as another pass catching TE...If this guy can block fairly well,he might be a good pickup!This guy seems to have more of a skillset than our man Yoder...Pairing him up with Cooley does sound appealing! :2cents:

Wide Recievers

---------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/wide_receivers.htm

James Hardy Indiana 6'5 3/8 217 4.47 18 4.20 6.84 10'5"

Limas Sweed Texas 6'4 216 4.46 - 35

Marcus Monk Arkansas 6'4 1/4 222 4.57 9 34.5

We are in need of a big WR to compliment Moss and Randel El...Neither of them blew my mind on their combine results,but all do share trait we all would like to see here as well as the front office...Heighth!But IMO...I think we should pass on a WR in the first round and maybe grab one later.Marcus Monk could very well be available in the 5th round...But if you look on the link I posted above,there are many big guys we could draft in the later rounds that could provide us the endzone/redzone threat we are lacking...Since in many cases it takes a couple years for a WR to find his groove,why waste a top pick on 1,when we could maybe get a steal in the later rounds? :2cents:

Offensive Lineman

------------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/offensive_linemen.htm

OG Branden Albert Virginia 6'5 1/2 309 5.17 1.71

OG Chilo Rachal USC 6'6 322 5.23 1.81

OT Ryan Clady Boise State 6'6 309 - 24

OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh 6'6 332 5.56 1.84 27

Now I put these 4 here cause they are either in projected mock drafts I have seen for us or guys that we would like to grab in this draft that would be available...But to be quite honest?I don't know enough of any of these guys to truly say I would love to have them in the 1st round...But it's no secret that we need to get younger here and that the front offive probably feels the same way...The question is...Do we grab one like a Albert in the 1st round or try to get a good one in the later part of the draft...?Personally...I would like to see if we can grab one in the 3rd round depending on the crop that's still available there...!I think our need for D-line is too much of a need right now! :2cents:

Defensive Line

--------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/defensive_linemen.htm

DE Calais Campbell Miami (FL) 6'7 3/4 290 5.03

DE Quentin Groves Auburn 6'3 259 4.57 30 10"0'

DE Derrick Harvey Florida 6'4 5/8 271 4.80 31 38.5

DT Dre Moore Maryland 6'4 305 4.88 31

DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame 6'0 3/4 304 5.08 35 30.5

DT Ahtyba Rubin Iowa State 6'2 3/4 315 5.26 35

I got to tell ya...None of the DE's really impressed me at the combine at all...With the exception of Harvey,none really blew me away!I know the combine doesn't actually mean squat when it comes to playing on the field but damn! :doh: Now the DT's actually did quite well...I know none up there are 1st rounders,but I've seen both Laws and Moore in the second round...Who knows?Balmer did OK,but not quite as well as these 3...(1st round projection)But I do know one thing...I think if we grab a DT on the first day,that would really set alot of us at ease!I might just be getting on the Trevor Laws bandwagon here real soon! :2cents:

Linebackers

------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/linebackers.htm

OLB Gary Guyton Georgia Tech 6'1 5/8 245 4.47 15 36.5

ILB Jerod Mayo Tennessee 6'1 1/4 242 4.56 - 32=Both of these guys did very well at the combine...But are redskins interested in any LB's right now?Rocky's coming off an injury and both Marcus and Fletcher are in their 30's...We did however grab B.B. Blades to fill a role..!Spikes among many other free agents remain on the open market as well...I don't expect for the Redskins to take a LB in the 1st 3 rounds,but I could see us maybe getting one in the 5th,6th or 7th round if one is there we can't pass up...Specially with the possibility of having (3) 7th round picks,which would be good as well!If we drafted more than 1 LB,I would be shocked however...! :2cents:

Defensive Backs

----------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/defensive_backs.htm

Tyvon Branch Connecticut 5'11 3/8 204 4.31 19

Leodis McKelvin Troy 5'10 1/2 190 4.38 17 33.5 7.11 10'1"

Antwuan Molden Eastern Kentucky 6'0 3/4 198 4.44 23 37.5 10'9"

D. Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee State 6'1 1/2 184 4.33 17 38.5 10'11"

The CB's are looking better and better right now as I look around...Problem is..Are we going to draft another d-back again?We drafted Rogers,smoot,Taylor and LaRon in the last few years...(smoot 2nd rounder)But it would be hard pressed not to shore up that secondary again with the Giants,Philly and Cowboys chuckin' the ball all over the place..?I just can't see us doing that again this year...Just can't...Maybe in round 2,but know way we do it again in round 1..Not with Williams gone! :) :2cents:

Josh Barrett Arizona State 6'1 3/4 223 4.35 17

Best safety in the draft IMO...But still no reason to reach for him with the needs we have...But if we somehow draft him...I'm not going to burn anything down...I promise you that... :silly: :2cents:

Ok...my hands are tired...time to watch the Missouri Valley conference Tourney....Go Missouri ST!!!HTTR................... :helmet: :point2sky

Wide Recievers

---------------

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2008/combine/wide_receivers.htm

James Hardy Indiana 6'5 3/8 217 4.47 18 4.20 6.84 10'5"

Limas Sweed Texas 6'4 216 4.46 - 35

Marcus Monk Arkansas 6'4 1/4 222 4.57 9 34.5

We are in need of a big WR to compliment Moss and Randel El...Neither of them blew my mind on their combine results,but all do share trait we all would like to see here as well as the front office...Heighth!But IMO...I think we should pass on a WR in the first round and maybe grab one later.Marcus Monk could very well be available in the 5th round...But if you look on the link I posted above,there are many big guys we could draft in the later rounds that could provide us the endzone/redzone threat we are lacking...Since in many cases it takes a couple years for a WR to find his groove,why waste a top pick on 1,when we could maybe get a steal in the later rounds? :2cents:

I don't think our need is really a 6'4 WR. We need a possession guy. Someone that can run the slants and in's well and someone that will get us that extra 4-5 yards on shorter routes. I agree the WR has to be atleast 6' but just because the WR is 6'4 doesn't mean we should automatically look at him.

I don't think our need is really a 6'4 WR. We need a possession guy. Someone that can run the slants and in's well and someone that will get us that extra 4-5 yards on shorter routes. I agree the WR has to be atleast 6' but just because the WR is 6'4 doesn't mean we should automatically look at him.

That's exactly why we need a 6'4" plus, fast WR. He has the ability to make an impact within his first year of play. Good WRs contribute immediately once they get down the speed of the pro game.

That's exactly why we need a 6'4" plus, fast WR. He has the ability to make an impact within his first year of play. Good WRs contribute immediately once they get down the speed of the pro game.

Actually, very few WR end up making an impact early on. Usually it's the 3rd year by the time a guy really develops into a consistent target. Also, there are a high percentage of WR busts in the 1st round historically.

From an ESPN article last year: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2805425

"For the purpose of assessing the recent first-rounders, let's eliminate those selected in the past three years because their body of work is not yet sufficient for reliable analysis. That leaves 27 wide receivers from the first rounds of the 1997-2003 drafts. Of those 27 wideouts, 14 are out of the league entirely and nine are with franchises other than the ones that drafted them. Only four have appeared in multiple Pro Bowl games.

Indeed, at a position that demands precision in route running, the road is a crooked one, and it's littered with wide receiver flops such as Rae Carruth, Yatil Green, Marcus Nash, Peter Warrick, R. Jay Soward, Sylvester Morris, Freddie Mitchell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner and David Terrell."

For a second there, I thought the original post said that Hardy ran a 4.20 forty... :doh:

Was wondering why he wasn't a top 5 draft pick with those stats.

I really wouldn't mind taking a QB in the second, especially now with the comp picks. Campbell is still not "proven" at the NFL level and Collins is getting up there in years. Zorn is a QB guy. Bring in a real prospect at QB, not a clipboard holder, and let him work with Zorn from the very beginning. I would not normally advocate this, since we have two guys in place. However, this year, I think we should stretch a bit and try our best to solidify the QB position.

Flacco sounds like an intriguing choice.

My sentiments EXACTLY! We might be able to get some value in the 2nd round at receiver...Devin Thomas in the first intrigues me though...(6'2 215 4.4 - 40, good run after the catch ability...). Go for value at positions of need!

That leaves 27 wide receivers from the first rounds of the 1997-2003 drafts. Of those 27 wideouts, 14 are out of the league entirely

my God man. i knew the #'s were bad, but not that bad.

so, i'll reiterate- bring in hackett on the cheap and watch him score.

so long as he stays healthy. :D

Take a look at Chilo Rachal. I just see the kid stepping in immediately and making an impact. It would be great to platoon a young guard with Kendall. Also, Rachal should be available when we pick in the second round

what have you seen from rachal that makes you think hes ready to make an impact? really? i want to know- what position did he play for usc? was he ever a starter?

i still remember when mike vick was the hot new thing- your boy kiper ranked a lefty qb from unlv as the #1 overall prospect heading into the collge season- jason thomas went from kipers #1 to completley undrafted during the course of that year-

kiper either made this guy up, he has missed every game w injury, or he is completly un noticeable- i could name a handfull of sc offensive lineman( and they went deep into the depth chart this year) and ive never noticed him from game action- maybe i missed him over and over these last 2 years or maybe you dont need to have seen him as a football player, just read enough mock draft sites and that is how you know someone is good

MAYBE usc tackle sam baker is very close- but THE BEST o-lineman in the pac-10 is roy shuening from oregon st

if ones only knowledge or "opinions" come from mock draft lists or kiper - why cant those people trust that we all are able to access those same lists?-

If we grab Flacco (who should be selected by the Vikings) we are going to need a taller center. Heck with Campbell they are adjusting Rabach positioning for a more smoother exchange but the price could be Rabachs initial burst at the snap.

I'd be happy with a Hardy in the second round but I dont see him falling that far.

Archived