Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joey Harrington : Possible 3rd Stringer?

Muzzah

Harrington didn't work with the Lions and with the Falcons We should let a younger QB develop in the 3rd string spot that is still unknown if he can succeed in the league.

Not to sound rude, but outside of a qb named Manning or Brady can you tell me what quarterback could survive under the conditions he was in?

Had Collins not come back I wouldn't have objected to him coming in as a second stringer.

at this point, I don't think anything can be done to revive his career. It's time to develop someone young via the draft. Then we have a young talent for the future in JC, a knowledgeable vet in Collins, and a project that could have potential as a third stringer who could be around for awhile.

Joey needs to go ahead and start touring with Hornsby and what evers left of the Further Fest Hippys. "The boy has too delicate a hands to be in this rough and tumble game. Joey you go on home now, thats right keep shuffling on down the road, and dont you look back now. Nothing here for yuh."

Good grief.

If you didn't know he was drafted so high and just looked at his NFL resume, there'd be no reason to bring him in. I don't give a rat's patooty what he did in the pac-10, he's been a terrible NFL qb.

I know, I know, he's been in "tough situations." I don't care about that either. He can't make all the throws, he's not a leader, his teammates complain about him, yadda yadda yadda.

Good grief.

If you didn't know he was drafted so high and just looked at his NFL resume, there'd be no reason to bring him in. I don't give a rat's patooty what he did in the pac-10, he's been a terrible NFL qb.

I know, I know, he's been in "tough situations." I don't care about that either. He can't make all the throws, he's not a leader, his teammates complain about him, yadda yadda yadda.

Just think how you would feel walking into a situation where a couple of loudmouth team leaders think that you are a loser and that you are not the answer to the teams QB needs, and it rubs off on the younger guys. That would be a hard team to lead.

I agree with the other poster that stated, that if Collins didn't come back, Harrington wouldn't be a bad #2. At least we could see what he could do with a supporting cast. If he failed, then I would have to agree with you. But how many of us were boasting about Collins' talent before he got a chance to show it?

Isn't Sam Hollenbach the unofficial 3rd QB right now? He has been working with Jason Campbell at the Park. And also, why would Harrington come in and be a 3 when he was a starter last season? He probably is going to go somewhere wher he is #2 and maybe has a shot at starting.

Personally, I'd love to hear WHY you would rather have him as a backup.

Hmmm, failure Joey Heisman > TC 15 who lead us on a 4 game win streak after not starting a game in 10 years. I don't think so.

Becaise Todd was only worth while in al saunders offence. All his upside is gone right now.

Joey did great last season for the falcons. a 60%+ completion rate throwing to a bunch of recievers drop the ball at any given oppurtunity. Not to mention those recievers can be thanked for several of his Ints. Joey did great last season- the falcons are idiots for cutting him.

Detroit: Strike One (not even close)

Miami: Strike Two

Atlanta: Strike Three

:puke:

When I read this topic i threw up a little in my mouth!:shot:

And again I'll say it, what qb has truely shined in those conditions?

Detroit pre Martz era when he was there...who was the qb and how great was he?

Miami last time I checked they went a grand 1-15, the team was supposed to be better this year....

Atlanta...only viable possiblity; Vick wasn't really a qb but for a year he and Dunn held the best rushing team lead.

I really don't see how it's fair to evaluate him when all he's ever had was scrub teams to work with.

Falcons cut QB Harrington

Falcons have cut their former starting QB Joey Harrington. Nobody in need of a starting QB is going to sign him before the Draft, and I think he could be a decent 3rd stringer. He's been shuffled around bad teams with very little chance to succeed. He's been a bust for a draft pick so we could pick him up at a relatively low price and winner or loser he is still a veteran. Zorn is known for developing QBs and I think he could have a positive effect on Joey, who knows maybe one day he could emerge as what he was supposed to be?

I'm not against signing him as the #3 QB. Wondering how everyone else would feel if we got him for a low price.

Three words...

Are... You... High...

Joey Harrington has not lived up to his draft status but he isn't terrible either. He has played on some extremely bad teams. I definitely wouldn't consider brigning him in to start but having him at #3 couldn't hurt.

If we signed him to a one year deal our coaches could evaluate if there is still anything there to work with. If there is any hope we keep him on as #3 and try to groom him into a longterm #2 role. If not we let him go at the end of the season. I feel the same way about Carr/Leftwhich. Why not get a guy that had first round portential as a #3. They wouldn't be required to assume the leadership role they all failed at.

That being said I wouldn't be upset if we didn't sign any of these guys.

agree 100%

Archived