Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bobbie Williams - S - Bethune-Cookman

tml6157

First I've heard/seen of him.

You're right, he hits like a truck and has great closing speed.

#1. Is he smart?

#2. MEAC - has turned out some players, but competition here has to be questioned.

#3. Certainly worth a late pick based on his credentials

Wow, I expected this to be another one of those threads with some random ass player. Granted, the competition in this conference isn't close to NFL intense, but he actually looks like quite a solid pick up. He doesn't let many tackles get away from him, does he? Also, he hits HARD! Those balls were flying! Can't get enough of these hard hitters.

I'd even drop a 5th on him, allowing us to address O-Line early.

Wow, I expected this to be another one of those threads with some random ass player. Granted, the competition in this conference isn't close to NFL intense, but he actually looks like quite a solid pick up. He doesn't let many tackles get away from him, does he? Also, he hits HARD! Those balls were flying! Can't get enough of these hard hitters.

I'd even drop a 5th on him, allowing us to address O-Line early.

yeah i was really hoping to pick up a safety in the draft to push Reed, but i was afraid it would be in the rounds to select OL. Taking Williams in 5th or 6th or even 7th would be very solid.

hate to say it- but he's a poor man's sean taylor who "lacks consistent-competitiveness" according to a few scouting reports i've read.

i would take a chance with our 7th rounder if he is still around... but many think he will be available as an undrafted free agent. in which case, i hope blache swoops down on him.

First I've heard/seen of him.

You're right, he hits like a truck and has great closing speed.

#1. Is he smart?

#2. MEAC - has turned out some players, but competition here has to be questioned.

#3. Certainly worth a late pick based on his credentials

#1 Is he smart? - Unless you're his coach or one of his professors, there's no way to answer this question. The better question is whether he's coachable or not.

#2 Why does competition in the MEAC have to be questioned? Is it because they carry fewer scholarships than the BCD (I-A)? The fact remains competition is just as fierce in I-AA as IA. Competition is determined by the skill level of the persons around you. Many argue the lack of having a superstar at every position like in I-A is a telling sign that these small school kids have to better to stand out. Also BC's recruiting typically includes recruiting players that the other FLA schools aren't interested in. FLA has so many good players each one can't possibly be going to your IA Schools. The MEAC has turned out good players as has the SWAC because they are Division I Schools. Granted they don't have 20 - 60 thousand students like major I-A schools.

I've seen the kid play personally, as I am a a Delaware State Alum and they are in the MEAC too. The kid has skills, but nothing about his play separated him from anyone else on the field. That's not a knock on him, but I didn't see game-changing play out of him. I saw solid play, but that was about it.

I also had the luxury of seeing Antoine Bethea (Sp.) the Howard U kid play against DSU. He had game changing play. The most surprising thing about him was the fact that he lined up at CB and covered TE's and sometimes WR's equally as well as he could protect the field in certain packages playing a hybrid safety position.

im pushing hardcore for him, he reminds me of sean. Great closing speed and lights out hits. i still cant believe he is gone :(

I would'nt say he reminds me of Sean. More like Ed Reed though. Which is still pretty good, I guess. :D

Would be a great late round pickup!

He looks like he takes the right angles. Hit's hard. Good Tackler. Im still high on

** Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St. **

** He's taller, faster (ran 4.35 in 40 at NFL combine) and bigger at 230lbs. He also brings the pain.

Positives: Well-built athlete who looks more like a linebacker than a safety. ... Well-proportioned frame. ... Good instincts for the position. ... Reads the action and puts himself in position to make plays on the ball. ... Aggressive in run support. ... Not afraid to mix it up with offensive linemen and fullbacks. ... Relies on his natural athleticism and hand usage to disengage from blockers. ... Good lateral quickness to string out the play. ... Good late burst.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-barrett?id=1962

He looks like he takes the right angles. Hit's hard. Good Tackler. Im still high on

** Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St. **

** He's taller, faster (ran 4.35 in 40 at NFL combine) and bigger at 230lbs. He also brings the pain.

Positives: Well-built athlete who looks more like a linebacker than a safety. ... Well-proportioned frame. ... Good instincts for the position. ... Reads the action and puts himself in position to make plays on the ball. ... Aggressive in run support. ... Not afraid to mix it up with offensive linemen and fullbacks. ... Relies on his natural athleticism and hand usage to disengage from blockers. ... Good lateral quickness to string out the play. ... Good late burst.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-barrett?id=1962

Barrett will go much higher then the 5th with his great combine.

Archived