Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The free agent that no one seems to be talking about

ceviker

The one thing that concerns me about Hackett are his low season highs. In 4 years in Seattle his season best in yards is only 610. His next best is just 400. His TD best was 4, in 2006.

Even Brandon Lloyd had better season highs in yardage and TD's prior to signing here. In his 3 years in SF, his career high in yardage was 733 and his high in TD's was 6 (he had 5 another year).

These stats by no means suggest Lloyd is a better player than Hackett. I'm only saying that if we do sign Hackett I hope we get him for a reasonable price.

Hopefully one positive that comes from the Brandon Lloyd signing is that the FO has learned a valuable lesson in the risk of overpaying for potential at the WR position in FA.

I've been talking about Bryant Johnson for weeks. The problem with the FA market is there are too many teams and too few players. Its crazy how only decent players get big money and great players get ridiculous money. A player like Bryant Johnson will get overpaid. He has alot of talent, but because of a lack of talent in FA he will get overpaid.

SMG, I just hate to see someone get so irritated by such a trivial matter as a bad choice of words by another poster. I agree with your general thoughts but your day might have a more harmonius outcome if you can overlook some of our faults. As far as a FA WR goes most of the guys available are similar in talent and age. I think Hackett kind of stands out to a lot of us because of the way he owned Springs in the playoffs. Plus he knows the offense. In my view Porter is the more physical (stronger) of the receivers and may be a better option.

I've been talking about Bryant Johnson for weeks. The problem with the FA market is there are too many teams and too few players. Its crazy how only decent players get big money and great players get ridiculous money. A player like Bryant Johnson will get overpaid. He has alot of talent, but because of a lack of talent in FA he will get overpaid.

It seems as if everybody has been talked about in this thin FA market.

I pretty much agree with the statements above.

I would be content if we waited it out and signed him after his price goes down, but it's doubtful.

How can DJ Hackett have more upside than Bryant Johnson? I'm pretty sure Seattle would love to replace Hackett with BJ.

QFT.

Johnson is trash. Alright, that's too harsh, but barely.

He is Rod Gardner without the potential for the rare, random big game. Drops easy balls. Disappears. Does nothing to impress you, ever. Has had many chances to step up due to Boldin's and Fitz's respective injuries and failed on an epic level.

Sounds pretty spot on. I like Hackett more because when given the chance to start he produces. Bryant kinda reminds me of Jerry Porter, you just assumed that his production would go up when given more opportunities on the field.

DJ's price seems to be ever rising though. I thought he might come cheap, but he might land a pretty substantial deal.

That's hilarious and I agree. I guess we should all be careful what we say unless we want to get "owned." Usually when I post here I strive to make a coherent statement and use my untapped talent as a writer to show "that something" to indicate that I'm on the cusp of being a well liked and respected poster. I feel that I have the intangibles to be a goal driven, up and comer of the first degree. A real "diamond in the rough" if you will. That said, I'd like to see the Redskins sign Jerry Porter. :D

lol, very well done.

and is hungry to prove that he is a top wideout in the league. QUOTE]

How do you know that? Has he called you up and told you " Mmm, I'm so hungry to prove myself." Or has he done an interview where he sounded committed to getting himself a starting spot in the league?

I'm not saying he's bad at all. I'm just saying you can't say cliche's like that. I could say Limas Sweed is a Lunchpale kind of player, and an excellent character, but I don't know that for sure.

Archived