Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that the combine is over....

artmonkforHOF

Upgrading SS is not a big issue this year due to the fact that D-line and O-line starters and depth take precedence over SS or any other secondary spot.

I hope you are ready for the Skins to draft a FS this year.

:laugh:

Z-man already made comments about the late Sean Taylor and said he leaves a gaping hole in the secondary that will be addressed.

I hope you are ready for the Skins to draft a FS this year.

Z-man already made comments about the late Sean Taylor and said he leaves a gaping hole in the secondary that will be addressed.

Hopefully he was being metaphoric when he said that. If we do draft a FS, it definitely should not be in the 1st day. That would be a slap in the face to Doughty, who did a hell of a job last year.

Peppers trade rumors on draft daddy.com blog, is it reliable???. Come on if it hits you in the hands, you should catch it. I believe there was an EASY one in the Arizona game that would have clinched it, right in the hands PICK 6 I believe it was Smoot. It would be wonderful if we hit the QB as hes releasing the ball every time so even the DL can catch them:silly: . Justin Smith to 49ers??? dont think he fits a 3-4 scheme, he sure as hell aint standin up.

Hopefully he was being metaphoric when he said that. If we do draft a FS, it definitely should not be in the 1st day. That would be a slap in the face to Doughty, who did a hell of a job last year.

Yea, who knows, he could have been pumping in some misinformation before the draft.

Doughty plays SS, not FS;).

Peppers trade rumors on draft daddy.com blog, is it reliable???. Come on if it hits you in the hands, you should catch it. I believe there was an EASY one in the Arizona game that would have clinched it, right in the hands PICK 6 I believe it was Smoot. It would be wonderful if we hit the QB as hes releasing the ball every time so even the DL can catch them:silly: . Justin Smith to 49ers??? dont think he fits a 3-4 scheme, he sure as hell aint standin up.

I'd say draftdaddy.com is possibly reaching with that rumor. There is always a chance that if a team offered the Panthers a sweet deal that Peppers would go, but thats highly unlikely and even moreso to be the Skins making the offer.

As for Smooty, not all CB's can catch them all. If they could, they'd be WR's now wouldn't they?

All I can say is more QB pressure = more INT chances and better INT chances.

As for Smith to the 49ers, well you've got it from PFT

POSTED 10:59 a.m. EST, February 25, 2008

MORE RUMORS FLY OF EARLY DEALS

One of the rumors making the rounds at the Scouting Combine is, as reported by Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, that the 49ers are negotiating (four days early) with defensive end Justin Smith.

As well as Bengals.com:

An NFC source said Sunday he expects Bengals right end Justin Smith to go to the 49ers in free agency ("They were working on the deal last night," the source said), but he's shocked Mike Nolan is going to make Smith a 3-4 end, as well as drop him in coverage.

At 270 pounds, Smith has been relentless and good against the run during his seven seasons in Cincinnati but the source has some doubt Smith can hold up in a 3-4. Still, Smith is going to give supreme effort wherever he plays and that can overcome plenty.

Thats true, but then that brings us back to Landry. He looked more of a natural at FS than SS last year.

That was my first thought when Zorn said that. (I think it was the NFLN interview with Mooch?)

Landry can play both positions and it's not like the Skins NEED another top tier safety. Then again, Taylor Mays will be declaring next year.

I remember watching the Combine two years ago and caught out of the corner of my eye a defensive tackle from GA who ran the fastest 40 of all the other tackles ... his name? ... Kendrick Golston. Last year there was a safety from LSU who blew every other DB away ... Laron Landry, of course. This year, I spotted a defensive end named Jeremy Thompson from WF (6'4"+, 264 who ran a 4.75)... pretty good for a DE ... but what stood out with this guy was his rip-cut physique and smooth, fluid movement through the drills. In my opinion, he made Chris Long look almost awkward by comparison. Oh by the way, Long also ran a 4.75 and is roughly the same size and weight as JT. If the Skins can steal this guy in the 2nd or 3rd rnd ... they have another "combine winner."

Did you actually watch the other drills.? Long made EVERYONE look horrible in those drills. Even the linebackers. Thompson has absolutely nothing on Long.

Archived