Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calais Campbell 40 time

Skinfan56

you can keep the forty and the other goofy drills, I'll take the hustle and mean streak

A 5 second forty doesn't mean jack at this position, at least to. A 16 rep bench press does.

I guess a fast 40 time would be useful for getting off the ground quickly to get into your pursuit angle. What good is hustle and a mean streak when you get pancaked every play?

To the poster, I am not trying to pick on you. I just think this combine has exposed Campbell as a bust and like others have said, unless he has the most unbelieve pro day at the U; his performance at combine just moved into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.

Calais Campbell, Miami: Campbell's struggles continue, as he capped a mediocre junior season with a poor combine. He measured just over 6-7 1/2 and 290 pounds, yet completed a measly 16 reps on the bench -- worst of any defensive linemen who participated. Campbell then ran his 40s near the 5.1 mark and looked winded at the end of the practice session.

Link

I wouldn't take bench reps too seriously, tall players usually have problems getting a ton of reps.

I considered this since with longer arms they have to push it up much further but then I saw James Hardy who is 6'6 and weighs 218 and ran the 40 in the 4.4's and even he beat CC with 18 reps.

I think Calais is definitely out of 1st round, probably not even going to be an early 2nd rounder unless he has a fantastic pro day. These combine numbers do relate to performance when they are this bad. A weak, slow DE is never going to beat an OL who is the same speed but much stronger. Not to mention it shows a lack of work ethic

I doubt it will be an issue.

How often during a game does a 280-pound DE take his pads off and run full speed ahead unimpeded for 40 yards?

Where's the combine drill for "beating the tackle in front of you and obliterating the qb"?

Are you kidding???

How about every time he is running toward the sideline after a qb???

Notice that guys like Ware, Peppers, Etc. run QB's down from behind. At a 5.03 this guy couldn't even catch Jared Lorenzen from behind.

After posting this kind of cheese he may be available when we pick in the 3rd round.

Archived