Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calais Campbell 40 time

Skinfan56

I was for Calais, but he is slipping in the ratings. He seems like a Philip Daniels clone to me. He could move to DT on passing downs. I would love for him to be around in the 2nd round.

As of this point, I think there will be better options at #21 overall. I'm starting to like Harvey.

top performers on the bench press:

Gholston, Vernon 37

Laws, Trevor 35

Rubin, Ahtyba 35

Ellis, Sedrick 34

Hayden, Nick 34

Okam, Frank 32

Harvey, Derrick 31

Jackson, Lawrence 31

Moore, Dre 31

What did Calias do I missed it? Hey Trevor Laws was great in the Senior Bowl and so far today he looks GOOD!!

Could be, but considering there's separate rumblings of a lack of work ethic, this is the type of thing that just backs it up. Lemme ask you this: when was the last time a non-offensive lineman from Miami didn't run under 4.8-4.9? If a guy under 300 is athletic enough to make it in the NFL, there's a 95% chance he can work hard enough to get his 40 time under 5.0, especially with the specialized training resources that UM offers its players.

In any case, we should have some insight into him since Palermo was his coach for a year, so I'm not worried either way.

I'm not going to let one datapoint decide anything. It should be part of the larger picture.

Jason

I doubt it will be an issue.

How often during a game does a 280-pound DE take his pads off and run full speed ahead unimpeded for 40 yards?

Where's the combine drill for "beating the tackle in front of you and obliterating the qb"?

Nice point:applause:

But its not just us fans who get too caught up on 40 yard times though. I was reading a story today which cited a conversation between Jim Mora Snr and his line coach back when he was a Head Coach.

They had seen a few injuries on the line and had brought in some free agents to work out. His line coach was recommedning they sign one of them and Mora looked over the workout reports and said to his linecoach "this guy ran a 5.45 40 - how am I supposed to play him" - his line coach looked at him without missing a beat and with a straight face said "just don't send him deep" ....

Are you kidding? the Tackles ran faster than that ...and he doesnt look to agile... . We need to stop looking at this kid and move on ......... Look at others like Harvey or Merling.... Watching also....

Only 1 Tackle this year beat 5.00 for the 40, for what thats worth.

I will say though tha if there is one position on the line where speed is important its DE. I have never seen Campbell play a down but he worries me - he is one of those boom or bust picks.

This guy's looking more and more like a DT now.

Sweed just passed him on my list for our 21st pick.

16 reps of 225 and he's 290lbs? That's pretty damn weak.

wow that is bad. I missed it. The funny thing is that "Vinny" will probably still take him at #21.

Im hoping for Kenny Phillips and take Trevor Laws in 2nd round.

Use Chris Wilson for speed rush!!

I can't believe any of you guys that were/are clamoring for him have actually watched him play. He sucks period the only thing going for him was his size. In the UVA they just mauled him over and over the guy is'nt good.

Merlin is a very good run defender but he lacks passrush ability has well.

Thier are 3 De's in this draft who could possibly help this team. Chris Long,Gholston and Harvey. Those are the only 3 guys we should even mention has possibilitys at De and 2 of them will be surely gone before #21 but likely all 3.

At DT the only 2 guys who could help us Sedrick Ellis and Dorsey both will be gone.

In rd2-3 is the time to draft our D-Lineman.

In rd1 give me Branden Albert and take care of that o-line longterm.

Burst off the line is important and a slow forty time makes that much worse for campbell it looks as though he will slip into the 2nd rd possibly 3rd. Trevor Laws and Pat Sims have the production in college and are 3 tech dts so thats where i think thats where the skins will be going

Archived