Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calais Campbell 40 time

Skinfan56

I doubt it will be an issue.

How often during a game does a 280-pound DE take his pads off and run full speed ahead unimpeded for 40 yards?

Where's the combine drill for "beating the tackle in front of you and obliterating the qb"?

EXACTLY:applause: . However his technique has also been questioned as well as his work ethic.

I say go for Merling, Harvey or Groves.

I haven't really been sold on this guy yet. He's a monster at what 6'8" ? but he didn't put up very impressive numbers in his college career. 13 Sacks in 26 games is decent but is that really that great? I dont know.

I doubt it will be an issue.

How often during a game does a 280-pound DE take his pads off and run full speed ahead unimpeded for 40 yards?

Where's the combine drill for "beating the tackle in front of you and obliterating the qb"?

I agree with your comment, but there have been reports or posts that Campbell has poor technique and allows blockers to get under him and get to his legs a lot. Thus, if there was a "beating the tackle in front of you and oblirating the QB" drill, which I would love too see, Campbell would not have good results.

As long as we draft the best football player to play DE, not the best athlete I will be happy. If Campbell is the best football player for us at 21, then so be it.

Are you kidding? the Tackles ran faster than that ...and he doesnt look to agile... . We need to stop looking at this kid and move on ......... Look at others like Harvey or Merling.... Watching also....

So you think it's wise to base everything off the combine?

You can't look too much into a DE's forty time. However, it would have really boosted his stock if he ran a fast one. This guy seems to have way too many flaws. He's really lanky, and blockers can always seem to get under him. He is a project, and with so much talent at 21, I could see us go with Merling or Groves or Harvey instead of campbell.

Archived