Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Skins Bid Big for Jets"(Boy, are they pissed)!!

michael_33

Coles said the owner he spoke with - OK, Snyder - told him he planned to front-load the deal with a so-called "poison pill." That means it would carry a huge cap figure the first year, probably more than $6 million, making it difficult for the Jets to match.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Jets could be burned by the decision to tender Coles a one-year, $1.3-million offer instead of $1.8 million, which would have required a first- and a third-round pick as compensation. Then again, nothing seems to stop Snyder from raiding the Jets.

Ok, who gets the 1st and 3rd rounders?

"The Jets could be burned by the decision to tender Coles a one-year, $1.3-million offer instead of $1.8 million, which would have required a first- and a third-round pick as compensation. Then again, nothing seems to stop Snyder from raiding the Jets. "

Actually, NFL rules would have stopped us, since our 3rd rounder was too low after changing spots with the Pats.

:laugh: :laugh:

again, the Jets did a poor job of gauging free agency. they thought no one would offer their restricted players a decent offer and it blew up on them big time.

Coles is an emerging star and should never have been left exposed as the season ended.

Heck if I were the Jets and had cap problems I would have shopped Santana Moss around for a trade instead of letting Coles sit out there for the taking :)

I have a question here on this deal and RFA's. IF the staus of a RFA gives the team a chance to match the offer, and they don't, how does the league determine compensation. I guess what I'm asking here is if the Falcons gave up the 23rd pick for Price, who was franchised, why do we have to give up our 13th to sign a RFA?

The Jets have the opportunity to match the offer, it they don't, the hell with them and they shouldn't get our first rounder.

Coles said the owner he spoke with - OK, Snyder - told him he planned to front-load the deal with a so-called "poison pill." That means it would carry a huge cap figure the first year, probably more than $6 million, making it difficult for the Jets to match.

Man, Snyder is the Devil!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by NavyDave

Good thing there isnt unrestrained free agency otherwise he'd be called Danny Steinbrenner :laugh:

Guess you don't read Pro Football Talk.com very much huh Dave?

They have already begun to refer to Dan Snyder as "Snyderbrenner":laugh:

Archived