Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fassel's firing in New York

Stoox

I don't mean to point you out, and I'm not a big Fassel supporter, but the idea that Fassel is any less hungry to prove himself than a young guy should be laughable.

Fassel's HCing time is tainted even though it was fairly admirable. Don't you think he wants to prove to everyone that he deserves to have his name up there with the other re-treads that get talked about with reverence?

Any candidate should be just as hungry as the next. Hard to imagine they would have ever made it to this point if they weren't.

Very, VERY true...the "young coach who's hungry to prove himself" mantra is nothing more than a cliche'...

Snyder's plan to let a fungus like Fassel grow on the fanbase is working to perfection.

In all honesty, I do not want Fassel because his biggest problem is the same as this team's biggest problem... Inconsistency. This team grows complacent too easily so you can't have a coach that has shown to do the same thing.

I'm thinking more and more the anti-Fassel crowd is the most creative... It's like they all voted for Howard Dean four years ago and had to turn their angst-ridden creativity somewhere since they haven't found a candidate who matches their enthusiasm... "Yee-awh!".

Don't you just love how all these new posters have come on recently trying to promote Fizzle?!?!

Note to his agents and minions. We ain't stupid! We're not gonna accept a guy who misjudges talent (firing Sean Payton) and who can't keep his team fighting thru tough circumstances. Gibbs Redskins had the injury bug last year. And they were competitive in every game of 2006.

Don't piss on our backs and try to tell us it's raining!

Some times you win through your injuries other times you lose.

No matter what, count on this.

If Fassel and he wins= everyone will have always been for him.

and if he loses= everyone will have always been against him

If Mooch and he wins= everyone will have always been for him

and if he loses= everyone will have always been against him.

If Fassel is hired and loses, everyone will think Mooch shoul've been hired

If mooch is hired and loses, everyone will think Fassel should've been hired.

And you can substitute any other name or prospect into the slots, sorry , but that's the way it is.

Not me ... if it's Mooch (who I want personally) and he sucks, I'll eat my crow. And if it's Quizno Fizzle and he does great, I'll eat my crow too.

You can save this post. :)

I'm in favour of a fresh start in Washington.

We've seen the big splashes both in free agency and in coaching staffs that have for the most part failed to deliver. Quite honestly, I'm tired of it.

I was all for Jim Schwartz because of his experience in working under Jeff Fisher, who in my mind is one of the best coaches in the NFL (and has been for some time now).

While it's fairly clear that Schwartz is out of the picture, I'd be in favour of a Ron Meeks. He's had the opportunity to work with one of the classiest guys and one of the most respected coaches in the NFL in Tony Dungy.

I don't think you can underestimate the value of having worked under somebody who knows how to win, and has also gone through their share of ups and downs as an NFL coach.

Meeks would be hungry to prove himself as a first time coach, and also would bring with him a wealth of knowledge as a result of working with Tony.

I see Meeks or any younger/first-time coach as being a guy we might be able to build some continuity and longevity with. On the other hand, I see a re-tread like Fassell or Mariucci having a much shorter leash.

Long-term, I think the timing is right for a first-time guy who might be able to bring some fresh ideas and new identity, outlook, and approach to town.

Lord knows we need it after having exhausted all other routes.

I'm thinking more and more the anti-Fassel crowd is the most creative... It's like they all voted for Howard Dean four years ago and had to turn their angst-ridden creativity somewhere since they haven't found a candidate who matches their enthusiasm... "Yee-awh!".

wellll...where does that leave the "pro-Fossil" crowd? optimism untempered by realism is just as empty. there's a nasty penchant of zero'ing in on the positive, ignoring the negative, all the while window dressing with "he's not my first choice.....but"......

we will get what we get.....and live with it........life in Redskin land.

I'm in favour of a fresh start in Washington.

We've seen the big splashes both in free agency and in coaching staffs that have for the most part failed to deliver. Quite honestly, I'm tired of it.

I was all for Jim Schwartz because of his experience in working under Jeff Fisher, who in my mind is one of the best coaches in the NFL (and has been for some time now).

While it's fairly clear that Schwartz is out of the picture, I'd be in favour of a Ron Meeks. He's had the opportunity to work with one of the classiest guys and one of the most respected coaches in the NFL in Tony Dungy.

I don't think you can underestimate the value of having worked under somebody who knows how to win, and has also gone through their share of ups and downs as an NFL coach.

Meeks would be hungry to prove himself as a first time coach, and also would bring with him a wealth of knowledge as a result of working with Tony.

I see Meeks or any younger/first-time coach as being a guy we might be able to build some continuity and longevity with. On the other hand, I see a re-tread like Fassell or Mariucci having a much shorter leash.

Long-term, I think the timing is right for a first-time guy who might be able to bring some fresh ideas and new identity, outlook, and approach to town.

Lord knows we need it after having exhausted all other routes.

I like your thinking!

Russ Grimm should be the obvious choice but Danny doesn't seem obvious about much of anything so I'll go with Fizzel, what the hell. If not Fizzel, go with Mooch or Spagnuolo or Meeks, it really doesn't matter as I think not one of them is much better than the other.....mediocre.

Who ever gets hired we'll just have to wait and see how Danny's football toy plays out next season. We still have to see how the new soap opera between HC and OC plays out.....:munchout:

Russ Grimm should be the obvious choice but Danny doesn't seem obvious about much of anything so I'll go with Fizzel, what the hell. If not Fizzel, go with Mooch or Spagnuolo or Meeks, it really doesn't matter as I think not one of them is much better than the other.....mediocre.

Who ever gets hired we'll just have to wait and see how Danny's football toy plays out next season. We still have to see how the new soap opera between HC and OC plays out.....:munchout:

Why should Russ Grimm be the "obvious choice"?

Archived