Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The perfect Miami Dolphins offseason!

michael_33

Miami was one of the worst teams in NFL history in this previous 2007 season...(1-15)

So how do you go from 1-15 to a playoff contender?

This is how!

You take advantage of Jerry Jones stupidity and jump all over the "draft day trade deal" where the Dolphins trade their 1st round pick for both of the Cowboys 1st rounders...But instead of Marion Barber being part of the deal(I don't think Miami needs a RB personally)you go after the Cowboys defensive players...I think Miami should try for Carpenter or maybe even Ware for such a deal!Lets say they get Carpenter and maybe an additional pick,since I doubt Dallas will trade Ware?

Lets say Dallas throws in a pick for the 09' season...(like a 3rd or so)...(i don't want to add more picks than the dolphins have for this thread...

Which are...

-------------

1st)#1#22 and #29 +LB Carpenter

2nd)#32(or #31 actually)and #57

3rd)#64

4th)#96

5th)-

6th)#158

7th)#190

So who do the dolphins take in the 1st round with both picks?Well,we know that the loss of Wes Welker(Patriots trade for a 2nd) and Chambers(Chargers traded for him as well)was a killer!

And we also know that Tedd Ginn JR. was taken last year at #9 suprisingly...So they will need to live with that decision and try to compliment Ginn with some help...So I think they could get James Hardy (6'7" 220) @#22...This would give them hopefully 2 good threats on the outside!Plus a Randy McMichael at TE!

I believe they should draft a QB for their future,but to sit him so he can learn and be the backup for the Dolphins who will sign a VET that I will name shortly...@#29 I think Andre Woodson out of Kentucky would be a solid choice!

In Free Agency,I think the Dolphins shoud grab Allen Faneca O-lineman...

I also think the Dolphins should grab Lance Briggs to pair up with Carpenter...

I also think they should grab Albert Haynesworth at DT for having less regret not pulling the trigger on Glen Dorsey in the 1st round @#1...

So who's the vet QB?I think the Dolphins need to grab a QB who has the potential,but hasn't really had a fair shot!He also needs to have a very strong arm,but been in the league for a few years and isn't a 1,2 or 3 year pro...

I think the Dolphins should try to get Patrick Ramsey from Denver(which shouldn't be hard)He will probably be released anyways,but if NOT...it wouldn't take much more than a 6th or 7th rounder to aquire him!(I think he will be available in Free Agency soon enough though!)

Plus you have a Andre Woodson waiting in the wings just in case Ramsey is officially been ruined!

But they still have some good 2nd rounders left as well...(2)

I think Quintin Groves(DE) could be available at #32(#31 actually)to pair up with Jason Taylor on the outside....

They should use that #57 to add some O-line help with Feneca Maybe OG Brenden Albert out of Virginia?

This leaves them a 3rd,4th,6th and 7th to go after the BAP in the Draft...

So who have they aquired at this point?

---------------------------------------

Draft=WR James Hardy

QB Andre Woodson

DE Quinton Groves

OG Brenden Albert

Free Agency or trade

----------------------

QB Patrick Ramsey

OL Alen Faneca

LB Carpenter

LB Lance Briggs

DT Albert Haynesworth

They probaby need Marcus Trufant,but they might be able to grab a good corner with their 3rd or maybe that late 2nd rounder...

I think this group would go along ways in help the team out...Giving them some playmakers on both sides of the ball, while improving the trenches as well!

One thing I think we all can agree on....They lost alot of guys over the last couple years and need to quickly improve that team,if they want to at least fight for a wild card in the AFC East...

And with Buffalo and the Jets to compete with...I think they can! I think it will be interesting to see what moves Bill Parcells makes with that organization to improve their chances for 08'.

My thoughts are Carpenter could somehow find his way to Miami via trade but he has great limitation.

No way in hell Dallas even thinks about trading DWare. He may be the best all around player in the NFC.

As good as Alan Faneca is, do they need immediate interior line impact? Teams a couple players away are the ones who'll be looking at Faneca because of his age.

As much as I always liked Ramsey, my opinion is he's a bust and I thank Spurrior for a portion of that.:doh:

I'm certain Tuna would love to land Haynesworth and may try acquiring Spears from Dallas.

One thing you can count on with Tuna, lots of LB's and Briggs would be a place he may start. Look for two to be drafted by the mid rounds.

Trufant could also fit them.

I'm not certain of their cap status but I don't think they're in great shape and have an old team with little trading power except for their drat picks. They need to be very careful trading because they need as much young talent as they can get.

I honestly see Jerry Jones not being able to hold still, and trading up to get McFadden. Julius Jones won't be resigned, so they will look for another running back to go with Barber (unless Jerry Jones is an idiot, and trades him away as well).

I like what Parcells is doing because at this point hes got some nice cards in his hands. It wouldn't shock me to see him add Faneca just because hes a terrific run blocking guard.

Alot of experts feel that Dorsey will be taken #1, but I think Long will eventually move to that slot if the Dolphins stay there. Dorsey is not a true NT, and playing him in that 3-4 role will just be killing his attributes at a guy who can get in the backfield.

Long just fits that 34 scheme better IMO. I think Parcells if he has to stay @ 1 will draft him. I also, look for him to go out, and get a veteran Quarterback

I could see this happening easily. Jerry Jones has always loved signing the flashy players, and his prior relationship with Parcells and Ireland could easily make the trade for the #1 overall a reality.

On the flipside, the Dolphins have soooo many holes that will require more then one #1 overall pick. It's possible that while Parcells might either go with Chris Long or even Matt Ryan at #1 (he did pick Drew Bledsoe #1 overall), he'll trade down and try to replicate what he did with Romo sits to pee. Find some young, small college under the radar guy whom he could groom for a few years.

Hey, maybe Parcells will lure Bledsoe out of retirement? :laugh:

Alan Faneca, Lance Briggs, Carpenter, and Haynesworth, and then you suggest Marcus Trufant, and then multiple first and second round picks?

Your post is ill thought out. That is way way way too much money tied up in 4-5 players.

More like a thread on how to become the Skins of the early 2000s

If we trade up, don't be surprised if it's not a trade up for McFadden. I do not think that McFadden is the Arkansas RB we are looking at. If we trade up, it will probably be for somebody else and it might not be a trade with Miami. In fact, I doubt it will be Miami unless the trade is a very equitable one for us. I know everybody would rather believe that Jerry is the quintessential Hay Seed but the truth is that Jerry learns from mistakes and has become a much better football man, over the years.

I don't see a Hershel Walker trade in the works between Miami and Dallas. I guess we'll see.

Carpenter is garbage and no way on earth would the Cowboys ever be dumb enough to trade Ware.

Barber would make much more sense for them. A ground attack featuring both Brown and Barber could be devestating.

Barber is not going to be traded. If you really look at this deal, you can see that there is no real way it can happen. Finacially, it's rediculous to even consider it IMO.

Also consider, everything you hear on this is coming out of Miami. Nothing from Dallas. If you ask me, this is classic Bill trying to muddy the water and create interest in his pick. Parcells does not want the first pick in the draft IMO. Parcells wants to create a bidding war for that pick and is using Dallas to try and do it. I very seriously doubt if there is anything behind these rumors. I guess we will see soon enough.

I'm actually more worried that Jerry will try to trade ahead of Tampa to grab Felix Jones. IMO either Medenhall, Jones or Stewart will be there at 22 (after McFadden goes to either Oakland/Atlanta I can only see Arizona or Houston gabbing a RB ahead of TB, but doubt all 3 do). I'd prefer them in that order all though I'd give Stewart a slightly higher grade than Jones.

As much as I argued with you over Spears I think he's far more likely than Haynesworth. Anyone who signs him to a long term deal will regret it, trust me.
Your regret remarks are correct. He has been flagged as immature etc.... since his days at Tenn. All the draft publications had lines such as "He'll make or break your draft". They were correct. Of course your Spears thougts aren't;) His personalitiy would be a better fit in Dallas.:)
Especially in the 3-4
Haynesworth has the size and talent to play in any scheme. His lack of drive and meanness coupled with his height would remove him from being a NT if that where you were going.:2cents:

Archived