Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green's Blog Update Redskins Coaching Search 1.30.08

voicekiller

it only works if the owner/gm know what they are doing. so his GM theory is out the window. you can hire the best carpenter, architect, landscaper, etc., in the world...all accountable to only the homeowner...but if they don't work to a common plan...your home will not be well built. this is especially true for a football team in this age where it is very obvious that scheme and statistics have over-taken a lot of the "on-the-field" aspect of things....DG is taking a player's pov on things not management......there can only be one General, one vision, one strategy....his model defaults that to the owner. draw your own conclusions.

in the end...the owner has to ask all the same questions...that is...if he cares about doing it right.....only it takes twice as long and is more prone to error.

The head Coach is the person responsible for making everybody work towards a common plan

Folks on this board are not too much into making since or thinkin DS (youngest and richest NFL owner) might know what he's doing...

Snyder isn't anywhere near being the richest NFL owner and he certainly hasn't been the most successful by any stretch either. What makes you think he knows what he's doing aside from blind faith?

now that I think about it...what a great theory! Snyder should go out and personally recruit/sign all the players himself. they should all report to him and not hide behind the coach. you know...he had it right when bruce smith was here! you remember how good it was back then...don't ya?

I didn't quite put together what he was implying the first time I read this. But reading again and thinking it over, we are less likely to have a situation like the one we just had. If Darrell's correct and each coordinator is accountable for their own thing, and ultimately they must answer to the man that hired them (Vinny. I'm trying out this GM thing :) ). So we aren't as likely to have the distrust between the FO and coaching staff that we heard about in regards to GW.

On the other hand, each coordinator and the HC have to be real grown up to know that ultimately they aren't as responsible to each other as they are individually to the front office and they need to avoid infighting or jealousy.

This could be a great maneuver that helps to motivate the coaches on both sides with the HC keeping them together or it could be an implosion waiting to happen. In some ways, it's not super far off from where we were under Joe with the O and D being such hugely separate units. Anybody notice Wade Phillips looking over his shoulder later in the season?

Archived