Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What should have withJon Jansen and the O-Line

PigSkinRodeo

If you ask me Jon Jansen should be let go. he's good to a point but has had injury after injury. Now granted it's the NFL and i expect injurys to happen. . And if anything rebuild the O-line.. and also they should be conditioned better this year i think than last. It might help.:2cents:

People i like to see stay on O-LINE

Samuels

Rabach

Heyer.

Thomas

Whats your thoughts??:coach:

First thoughts after looking at your O-line is that I CANNOT stand Samuels. I know he goes against the best DE's most of the time, but with the money we pay him he should in return win over half the battles. Which he DOESN'T!!

Oh, as for Jansen, get rid of him unless it doesn't make sense cap/money-wise.

I'm also kind of on the edge about the whole JJ situation. In my mind he's a true redskins but if he keeps getting hurt it's just not worth it. and he definitely isn'

t getting any younger. i say since Buges is staying, we see how Heyer keeps working out and maybe pick a LG for Kendall replacement and maybe next year work the draft for a replacement for Jansen.

First thoughts after looking at your O-line is that I CANNOT stand Samuels. I know he goes against the best DE's most of the time, but with the money we pay him he should in return win over half the battles. Which he DOESN'T!!

I completely disagree, Samuels is still holding his own against some of the best in the league for at least six games of the season with Osi, Cole, and Ware. Samuels should still be able to hold his own for at least two-three more years and he is rarely injured.

You're a fool.

We drop back 30-40 times a game. Samuels has to defend the best DE the other team has game in and game out and gave up maybe 4 or 5 sacks on the season.

I agree with you both though.. We need youngblood.. Or someone that atleast has 3 or 4 years exp. So that way we have more years to use them. You are right though. Samuels did lose alot of battles he should of won. Though like someone said.. He did get better the last 6 games.

Samuels is one of the best tackles in the NFL. He has been selected to play in 5 pro bowls since being drafted in 2000, yes we should get rid of him now!

As for Jansen, you got to love the guy. He gives his all when he is healthy, it's just that the time that he is healthy is becoming less and less every season. I will never forget watching him out there battling with two broken thumbs.

I say you keep John one more year and see if he can stay healthy and mentor Heyer for a year.

What games were you watching this year? I ask because they were obviously not the same games I was watching.

If you ask me Jon Jansen should be let go. he's good to a point but has had injury after injury. Now granted it's the NFL and i expect injurys to happen. . And if anything rebuild the O-line.. and also they should be conditioned better this year i think than last. It might help.:2cents:

Samuels

Rabach

Heyer.

Thomas

This year and '04 are the only 2 seasons in Jansen's entire career he didn't start all 16 games.

Depth is very valuable along the O-line, we saw the bad result this season. So getting rid of a solid tackle would not be a wise move. I'd keep everybody and keep adding depth. Maintaining the same group on the O-line is very important.

You're a fool.

We drop back 30-40 times a game. Samuels has to defend the best DE the other team has game in and game out and gave up maybe 4 or 5 sacks on the season.

You even stop to consider who was starting all season on the right side of the line? Ever think that might have impacted Samuels performance just a bit?

The O-line was 13th in sacks allowed, better than more than half the league, and that is without their starting RT AND RG for most of the season.

:wtf: you're kidding right?

KC Joyner ranks him #1 overall linemen as most efficient blocker with a 94% success rate

he is easily a top 3 LT

Samuels

Rabach

Heyer.

Thomas

No one asked you.

Per http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Cut_Trade_Savings.htm

Cutting him would cost us more than keeping him.

All I know is I see him get beat ALL THE TIME and most of the time it results in momentum busting (Samuels)!! Simple as that...

And I could care less about his 5 Pro Bowls...they are NOTHING but a popularity contest. And I think I pointed out the fact he goes against the best DE's too. And yet another childish, immature, and pathetic display of name calling by Siven. I'll bet you and most others on here don't dare say that stuff to people in person when you don't agree with them do you?

NAILBOMB9 do you have stats to back up what you're saying? I personally think Samuels does a great job, most of the time. He seems to to get beat at very inconvenient times however all the time is a stretch. I'd love to see some evidence of "all the time" though. Samuels does make a fat check, so we should expect the best out of him.

Sweet video too.

Jon Jansen has experienced two freak injuries that could happen at anytime. His play has slipped some but I still consider him to be a good player when playing.

Chris Samuels- How could anyone not be happy with the way he played this year. He played at an elite level all year against elite DE's. Some of you don't understand how hard it is to find an adequate LT in the NFL. It is one the toughest positions to play and the salaries of LT's only prove that. Many will only understand Samuels value when he retires. I dont think you could name two LT's in the league that played at a higher level than Samuels this year.

Looks to me like Jansen will have to take a restructure or pay cut to stay.

We need to stop restructuring guys at the end of their careers. Our dead cap hit is ridiculous, and I think it is highest in the NFL.

Samuels no good? I think maybe one of the OP's Madden controller buttons is stuck or something. Maybe you should watch a real game. He has dropped of a little, but I would still put him top 10 in the league.

He wins probably 90% of the time. What games are you watching?

I think our Oline is top 5 in the league and probably our biggest strength despite being undersized. Kendall was a huge steal and easily replaced Dockery. With Jansen and Thomas back healthy and an offense more pass oriented next year we will be fine.

You wanna talk lines, its the Dline that needs the help. With Griff most likely gone we will need to bring in at least 3 new D linemen.

Archived