Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter--Skins "Zeroing In" on Fassel plus Rex Ryan

rtandler

Guys, I hate to say this, but over at CPND they have an insider like Andyman. BigAlNoga is his handle and he all but said that tomorrow it will be announced that it will be Fassel. Go over there and check out the Redskin # thread.

God I hope he is wrong, but he never is.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=71#s=71&f=1348&t=1901424

I read through this but never saw where he said that Fassel would be announced tomorrow. Did I miss something?

I'm sure Vinny will be trading a draft pic to baltimore to hire rex ryan

Ryan isn't under contract anymore as far as I know, and even if he is, he only held the Defensive Coordinator title in Baltimore. That's important because if he were to be hired here, he could be given the Assistant Head coach-Defense title which would not be a lateral move. He would have the same basic responsibilities but the title is all that matters and as long as it's a promotion it won't cost us any draft choices.

Doesn't anyone in the office have a clue what the players in the locker room are saying, privately and publicly? We just lost a legend and a father figure as a coach. The players and fans all want Williams. Our franchise qb wants continuity within the staff. Some players will be professionals, but football is highly emotional and I'm guessing some of these guys just get fed up and quit on a whole new staff led by fassel, ryan or mora. What's the risk of hiring Williams? Say he doesn't pan out, then two years from now, rebuild. Don't do it now when there is a good nucleaus in place.

Archived