Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I get Pics of a right protected disc?

BALLz

Here's another tech question for you guys. My wife and I were given a disc with all of our wedding photos on it from the photographer. Neither of us are very happy with the results of the photos or the manner in which they were taken. There are oppsolutley zero candid shots, everything is posed. And they did a lot of ordering us around to get photos THEY liked. Anyway, we are supposed to get back to them after looking at the disc and tell them which picture we like.The guy is being a little rude now telling us we've had plenty of time to decide. But in all honesty, we don't feel as if they are worth paying for.

Is there anyway we can get the picture off the disc?

Disclaimer: Now mind you we have already given these guys a few Gs for their services so it's not like we totally trying to screw them over. And the price of the photos(the ones you can hold in you hand) may have been included but we'd prefer not to have to go to them anytime we wanted to print some pictures of something.

Here's another tech question for you guys. My wife and I were given a disc with all of our wedding photos on it from the photographer. Neither of us are very happy with the results of the photos or the manner in which they were taken. There are oppsolutley zero candid shots, everything is posed. And they did a lot of ordering us around to get photos THEY liked. Anyway, we are supposed to get back to them after looking at the disc and tell them which picture we like.The guy is being a little rude now telling us we've had plenty of time to decide. But in all honesty, we don't feel as if they are worth paying for.

Is there anyway we can get the picture off the disc?

Disclaimer: Now mind you we have already given these guys a few Gs for their services so it's not like we totally trying to screw them over. And the price of the photos(the ones you can hold in you hand) may have been included but we'd prefer not to have to go to them anytime we wanted to print some pictures of something.

At the very least you could bring the photo up on your comp and do a print screen then copy into paint or some other editing program and cut the photo out. Won't be the best quality but could work.

first off unless your contract specifically states you can only have the disc for so long he doesn't have a leg to stand on. We finally got around to ordering our wedding pics and album two years after our wedding!

second, I am very sorry you don't like your pictures - esp for you wife. girls plan their weddings with such detail and put a great deal of effort choosing things like a photographer - as you know they are very expensive.

third -- I am computer retarded so I cannot answer your question... but keep that disc as long as you want!

first off unless your contract specifically states you can only have the disc for so long he doesn't have a leg to stand on. We finally got around to ordering our wedding pics and album two years after our wedding!

We got 3 discs, two of which expired after 6 months. And one that has no expiration. Of course, the 2 that expired after 6 months were made at the end June but we didn't get them until end of Sept. The other disc has all the pics on it for us to look at at our leasure but if we wanted to print one off to give to a relative or something we would have to go to the photographer.

And another thing he's doing, despite the fact we have signed a contract, he's saying that prices will probably start going up at the end of febuary and if we don't get our stuff done by then he'll charge us the new prices. I didn't think he could do that.

Of course you have to have the photographer print more. They are his photos and I'm sure in the agreement you didn't pay to retain the copyright. I know it sucks because they are photos of your wedding, but I think this is standard operating procedure. My wife and I were also only given proof's of our Wedding Photos and have to go back through to the guy if we wanted new ones. Thankfully for us he did an awesome job snapping photos before the wedding, during the ceremony, and at the reception...

So you aren't happy with the pictures, Yet you want to steal them? Nice.

Own up to your responsibilities and pay for the pictures you want.

Or act like an adult and talk to the photographer and let them know you aren't happy. You never know if they are going to cut you a deal. Word of mouth is big in that industry. If he knows you are going to tell others you are unhappy with his work, he'll be more likely to work with you on a solution.

So you aren't happy with the pictures, Yet you want to steal them? Nice.

Own up to your responsibilities and pay for the pictures you want.

Or act like an adult and talk to the photographer and let them know you aren't happy. You never know if they are going to cut you a deal. Word of mouth is big in that industry. If he knows you are going to tell others you are unhappy with his work, he'll be more likely to work with you on a solution.

That sounds like some excellent advice

second, I am very sorry you don't like your pictures - esp for you wife. girls plan their weddings with such detail and put a great deal of effort choosing things like a photographer - as you know they are very expensive.
truth.

id never use one i didnt trust. and since having myself to it would be out of the question...ill be going with my old college roommate who does wedding gigs all over the south east and is a pretty big freelancer in ATL.

so it pays to use someone you trust or has a good rep. and it sounds like the guy you picked has neither.

that said.im sure if you asked around with your friends, im sure someone could figure out how to at least copy the disc in tact then you can figure out how to get the pictures off at a later time.

Archived