Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder Should Bring in a GM (Examiner Opinion, Rick Snider)

#98QBKiller

Scott Pioli is recognized as one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL. Who do you think does that in New England? Robert Kraft? Belichik?

Pioli also has spent most of his career with Belicheck. No doubt, he's very intimate with what his coach wants. Not to diminish what he has done, but it helps when you have a great relationship.

Pioli, tho, doesn't call the shots. It is pretty much similar to the relationship Gibbs had with Cerrato.

Now, it is a good question if it will work as well with another coach. But, I don't think Snyder will ever hire a GM per se. It is always possible that he could bring in someone else to mix in with the rest, but Snyder is always going to be involved in some way.

Jason

They weren't trades but they were aging wastes of money on Snyder's part:

Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jeff George to name a few.

not a total waste. Our defense went from 2nd to last to 5th in one season. But as others have mentioned I think he learned the longer term effects of those moves since then. Every team in the NFL has some misses on FA's and draft picks.

I'd like to see a GM/talent evaluator as well, but it has to be the right guy for the job. - I'd love to get Floyd Reese.

not a total waste. Our defense went from 2nd to last to 5th in one season. But as others have mentioned I think he learned the longer term effects of those moves since then. Every team in the NFL has some misses on FA's and draft picks.

I'd like to see a GM/talent evaluator as well, but it has to be the right guy for the job. - I'd love to get Floyd Reese.

This offeseason/draft/free-agency period will tell for sure whether Snyder has learned his lesson or not. I like the fact that he says continuity is very important to him, but I will believe it when I see it.

I'm not brainwashed by anything....I look at the facts....the real facts...not the media generated facts.

Yes, but you have already said you think it's foolish to judge Snyder by actual results - I guess only the biased media and bitter fans would employ such a concept!

bruce smith, deion and jeff george were all in his first year as owner....everyone, including snyder agrees that was a mistake.....all the snyder haters keep going back to that.....you have nothing since then.

the last move he clearly made on his own was trotter....trotter was a young prow bowl linebacker...he came here and stunk...went back to philly and was a pro bowler again...now is that snyder's fault?...or is it the coaching staffs fault?

Vinny presents him with the players.

Vinny has got to go.

I want Floyd Reese.

Vinny has got to go.

Absolutely agree. How is it that the Jaguars can have such a good team and be $30 million under the salary cap. I see people say that San Diego is a great team and they are $20 million under the salary cap. I would take any of those teams personal guys over Cerrato.

Just the fact that Snyder things Cerrato knows WTF he's talking about makes him a bad owner.

Absolutely agree. How is it that the Jaguars can have such a good team and be $30 million under the salary cap. I see people say that San Diego is a great team and they are $20 million under the salary cap. I would take any of those teams personal guys over Cerrato.

Just the fact that Snyder things Cerrato knows WTF he's talking about makes him a bad owner.

Cerrato is viewed as a joke by several league executivs... according to reports published on here in the past...

I have to agree. Vinny has got to go.

He is the one constant in all of Dan Snyder's years except the one year Marty was here.

Yes, but you have already said you think it's foolish to judge Snyder by actual results - I guess only the biased media and bitter fans would employ such a concept!

Let's not judge Sndyer. Let's point the finger at Vinny.

We need a real GM

Who is responsible for signing Trung Canidate?

Give up on the GM, already! It's just not going to happen.

With a GM, there would not be enough room in the sandbox for Danny and his friend Vinnie to play, too.

you are right, people should give up already. danny wants full control. he shouldnt even be interviewing coaches, a GM should. floyd reese would be nice. but we are all just waisting time, cause "if it aint broke dont fix it".

Scott Pioli is recognized as one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL. Who do you think does that in New England? Robert Kraft? Belichik?

And Jeff Ireland with the Cowboys. He went to Miami, so the Pukes are back to Jerrah doing the draft. And we all know how well that went in those years. Quincy Carter anyone?

So being too proud to hire a GM, despite the fact that you know nothing about scouting and evaluating football talent = one of the best owners in the NFL?

I totally agree. He put his friendship with Cerrato above the Redskins' organization! So, don't tell me Snyder wants to win badly!

I totally agree. He put his friendship with Cerrato above the Redskins' organization! So, don't tell me Snyder wants to win badly!

So, did Gibbs put Cerrato over the Redskins organization? You can't tell me that Gibbs didn't have the ability to remove Vinny if he felt that he was the anchor that weighed down this franchise.

So, either Gibbs' decisionmaking ability was faulty on that point, or Vinny is actually doing a good job. Considering the recent personnel moves, I tend toward the latter with a couple of exceptions.

Jason

That will be average # of years Synders HC's would have stayed with the redskins since he took ownership. That number is not actual until May 25 2009!!!! So if we just use 2008 it is actualy 2.25!!!!!!!!

With Danny interviewing every single person he can find right now and then giving Gregg 4 interviews, but still can not name him the HC. This is why this organization will continue to be a rollercoaster of a team.

If we look at Baltimore and Miami exactly how many interviews did they have before naming their coachs, and guess who did those searchs.

We need a GM period.

How many other NFL teams have had 4 coaches in 9 year???

Archived