Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf Channel announcer suspended for remark about Tiger Woods

TrumanB

That's the only way this guy knows how to debate. He got backed into a corner and name calling is the only way he knows how to respond.

Oh, and I'll have to get back to him on listing every on-air personality and every stupid comment they have ever made. This will take me a while. :laugh:

I am not the one making outrageous claims that I cannot back up...

You said EVERY on-air personality says something as dumb as this golf announcer so I asked you to prove it.

No name calling in this post....so no excuses

Please prove what you claimed...otherwise :pooh:

To be pefectly honest.She is a result of the ESPN-ization of American popular culture.Heck her suspension may have INCREASED ratings on the Golf Channel.

Sure it was appropriate.But we can do without the pity tour of Rev. Al and others.Ler her go away and this will be forgatten by the divisional playoffs.

That's a good post right there. :cheers:

Dude, name calling isn't necessary. :2cents:

I called him genius....that's bad now?

I called your buddy out so now he is reaching for anything to escape the fact that he has no proof of his claim.

He is full of :pooh: and he knows it...

Calling him a genius or mega-mouth does not change the fact that he has no proof. The fact that you are defending someone who is clearly lying is pretty comical.

:laugh:

I called him genius....that's bad now?
Actually it was the mega-mouth thing.

But anyway, I think you're a really smart guy, but man, you could have so much more meaningful dialog with others if you weren't so aggressive. Just my two cents. :)

Actually it was the mega-mouth thing.

But anyway, I think you're a really smart guy, but man, you could have so much more meaningful dialog with others if you weren't so aggressive. Just my two cents. :)

Thanks for your input...(file 13)

When you have a moment...can you ask your buddy nicely for his proof?

otherwise.....:pooh:

:2cents:

:laugh:

You said EVERY on-air personality says something as dumb as this golf announcer so I asked you to prove it.
EVERY on-air personality has said stupid things while on the air. They may not have necessarily said somthing racially insensitive, but a mistake is a mistake.

You either:

1) Cannot read OR 2)Can read, but cannot comprehend OR 3)Just like picking fights for no good reason

Why is it that Al Sharpton always show up to these kinds of things? She said something stupid, apologized to Tiger, end of story. Is Al their to support Tiger or his agenda? If Tiger didn't call Al, why the hell did he show up?

That's Sharpton's M.O. It is NEVER about the actual issue. It is ALWAYS about him and getting his name in the spotlight.

She is friends with Tiger Woods. SHe apologized to him and he didn't think anything of it. The golf channel suspended her for I believ one game, and that was the end of it. Everyone handled biz like adults and moved on. In comes Sharpton and demands her be fired and guess what.........She was!!

This PC thing is getting out of hand. What if she would have said this same thing about a white golfer?? No one would be saying anything about it. The fact that T W and the golf channel didn't think much of it and handled the punishment in house is good enough for me. Why isn't for the Supposed black leaders??

You either:

1) Cannot read OR 2)Can read, but cannot comprehend OR 3)Just like picking fights for no good reason

I know exactly what you said...and all mistakes are not the same as you can see by her suspension.

Thanks for finally admitting that your claim is false and that EVERY on-air personality has NOT made dumb mistakes like her. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. :laugh:

:cheers:

I know exactly what you said...and all mistakes are not the same as you can see by her suspension.

Thanks for finally admitting that your claim is false and that EVERY on-air personality has NOT made dumb mistakes like her. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. :laugh:

:cheers:

Oh, said you admit that it is #3. At least you can read and comprehend, I think. Thanks for playing. :laugh:

She is friends with Tiger Woods. SHe apologized to him and he didn't think anything of it. The golf channel suspended her for I believ one game, and that was the end of it. Everyone handled biz like adults and moved on. In comes Sharpton and demands her be fired and guess what.........She was!!

Not fired.....see link

Sharpton is an opportunist and we all know this but Sharpton would have nothing to say if this lady did not have a mouth fart. Tiger may not care but her comments do nothing but hurt golf and Tiger should care about that. What this lady said had no evil intent but obviously she could have found a less provocative way to describe Tiger's dominance.

This PC thing is getting out of hand. What if she would have said this same thing about a white golfer?? No one would be saying anything about it. The fact that T W and the golf channel didn't think much of it and handled the punishment in house is good enough for me. Why isn't for the Supposed black leaders??

PC Thing....do tell. If the roles were reversed and whites were the victims of the lynchings instead of the perpetrators for hundreds of years then I imagine white folks would be as offended as some black folks right now. Personally I think the punishment was appropriate because I believe the lady just had a mouth fart. If you're angry with Sharpton that is your business, but if you think this is a PC thing then you are tragically mistaken. The wounds of lynchings have not healed even after so many years. Their are a lot of blacks alive today that were witness to these attrocities. This is why blacks are not as dismissive of these things and this is far from PC to some of them.

This is posted on the Golf Channel's web site:

GOLF CHANNEL Suspends Anchor for Remark

By GOLF CHANNEL Newsroom - January 09, 2008 Editor's Note: The GOLF CHANNEL released the following statement on Jan. 9th:

The GOLF CHANNEL regrets the poorly chosen remarks made by Kelly Tilghman on a recent broadcast and, again, extends our apologies to anyone who was offended.

There is simply no place on our network for offensive language like this.

While we believe that Kelly's choice of words were inadvertent and that she did not intend them in an offensive manner, the words were hurtful and grossly inappropriate.

Consequently, we have decided to suspend Kelly for two weeks, effective immediately.

Not fired.....see link

Sharpton is an opportunist and we all know this but Sharpton would have nothing to say if this lady did not have a mouth fart. Tiger may not care but her comments do nothing but hurt golf and Tiger should care about that. What this lady said had no evil intent but obviously she could have found a less provocative way to describe Tiger's dominance.

PC Thing....do tell. If the roles were reversed and whites were the victims of the lynchings instead of the perpetrators for hundreds of years then I imagine white folks would be as offended as some black folks right now. Personally I think the punishment was appropriate because I believe the lady just had a mouth fart. If you're angry with Sharpton that is your business, but if you think this is a PC thing then you are tragically mistaken. The wounds of lynchings have not healed even after so many years. Their are a lot of blacks alive today that were witness to these attrocities. This is why blacks are not as dismissive of these things and this is far from PC to some of them.

Why is it that black people can make fun of white people dancing funny, not being able to jump, talking nerdy etc and everything is ok? but if i turn around and make a fried chicken or cocoa butter joke i am some sort of racist.

didnt we learn anything from richard pryor and dave chapelle? its about time we start moving past this. I didnt lynch anybody, my dad didnt, my grandpa even didnt. And im southern!! I refuse to be responsible for things that happened that I have no control over. i will and have however learned from past mistakes.

It should be about the man it is said to, not some opportunist who just needs his name back in the papers. why is jesse jackson even allowed to speak in public when he called new york "hymie *sp* town"? isnt that racist?

I am not saying that it was right for her to say it, but i do think it wasnt as big of a deal as being made out to be. i dont think she was thinking of black men hanging from trees in tennessee or anything racist, she was just trying to say the best way to beat tiger is to make sure he isnt able to play. sometimes people just dont have that filter from brain to mouth that could help them out..

Why is it that black people can make fun of white people dancing funny, not being able to jump, talking nerdy etc and everything is ok? but if i turn around and make a fried chicken or cocoa butter joke i am some sort of racist.

didnt we learn anything from richard pryor and dave chapelle? its about time we start moving past this. I didnt lynch anybody, my dad didnt, my grandpa even didnt. And im southern!! I refuse to be responsible for things that happened that I have no control over. i will and have however learned from past mistakes.

It should be about the man it is said to, not some opportunist who just needs his name back in the papers. why is jesse jackson even allowed to speak in public when he called new york "hymie *sp* town"? isnt that racist?

I am not saying that it was right for her to say it, but i do think it wasnt as big of a deal as being made out to be. i dont think she was thinking of black men hanging from trees in tennessee or anything racist, she was just trying to say the best way to beat tiger is to make sure he isnt able to play. sometimes people just dont have that filter from brain to mouth that could help them out..

1. I don't know...why don't you ask a black person that witnessed lynchings why this is a problem?

2. A better idea for everyone involved is not to say something stupid especially on national TV.

3. If a black person offends you call Ann Coulter or Bill Oh' Really and ask them to make a big deal of it for you.

Everyone should know by now that Sharpton and Jackson are opportunists so I honestly do not understand why people get so upset when they start doing their song and dance.

The lady said something dumb and she got punished. She admitted she screwed up so why all the whining now?

1. I don't know...why don't you ask a black person why this is a problem?

2. A better idea for everyone involved is not to say something stupid especially on national TV.

3. If a black person offends you call Ann Coulter or Bill Oh' Really and ask them to make a big deal of it for you.

1. Just thought Id ask. No need to get all uppity.

2. Agreed.

3. Id rather spit on those 2 then talk to them. And add Nancy Grace in that mix.

Archived